Jump to content
Odanan

What's coming next? つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Frimmel said:

Out of curiosity how much of the old EU did you read? It seems like every time the old EU comes up there is always somebody there ready to trash it. Frankly I think that combined with the same tendency regarding the prequels really served to misinform the creators with regards to what the audience wanted from the sequels. 

I'm pretty sure one of those highly condemned mis-steps was bringing Palpatine back from the dead. Perhaps there springs the hope for more return of old EU favorites? 

I read a good deal. The ones that stick in my mind are Tales of the Bounty Hunters, some of the Zahn books, The Courtship of Princess Leia, the Rogue Squadron series, Shadows of the Empire. I definitely read quite a few others as well. 

They were... uneven. The ones I liked best were probably the Rogue Squadron books, but even those had some pretty low points.

Shadows was okay, but Dash Rendar is just a lame stand-in for Han, right down to the Outrider standing in for the Falcon. Lazy writing. It irked me. 

When they got into the Yuuzhan Vong War, I dropped out entirely. Hated the biotech ships and all of that.

Tales had some good stories, and some bad ones, but the one about IG-88 hijacking the Death Star was really terrible.

I have other unpopular opinions. For one, I really liked the Sequel Trilogy. Palpatine’s return didn’t bother me at all. I find I can only enjoy the Prequel films if I ignore most of the dialogue. And I’ve TRIED with the Clone Wars series, several times, but I just don’t love it. The art style kills me, the pacing is poor, and I have trouble caring about any of the characters. There are some good episodes. I’m hoping to find more.

I really don’t want to get into debates about this stuff, mostly because I’ve said all this several times, and had this discussion before. And I’m not here to “yuck anyone’s yum.”

I don’t mind most of the actual content that comes from these sources being in the game. Like, I’ve used the Outrider, and it’s cool. So I mean, bring it on, as far as new ships from old EU sources goes. But they did get really silly with the every-letter-of-the-alphabet Rebel ships and the TIE “Everything” fighters. Most of the good ones have been tapped and re-canonized for X-Wing already. 

But seriously, if I see one Yuuzhan Vong ship, I’ll be a very unhappy plastic starship commander.

Edited by Cpt ObVus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

I don’t mind most of the actual content that comes from these sources being in the game. Like, I’ve used the Outrider, and it’s cool. So I mean, bring it on, as far as new ships from old EU sources goes. But they did get really silly with the every-letter-of-the-alphabet Rebel ships and the TIE “Everything” fighters. Most of the good ones have been tapped and re-canonized for X-Wing already. 

But seriously, if I see one Yuuzhan Vong ship, I’ll be a very unhappy plastic starship commander.

This. ^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More info on the Aces/Starter faction boxes would be great.

For Rebels I would assume Phoenix box is A-Wings plus one. I think the expected choice is an X-Wing, but I think a Y-Wing is plausible. From that box I expect we get (In the case of X/Y, one or the other):

A-Wing:

Hera - I5

Low initiative Pilot

More Phoenix I1s

 

Y-Wing:

Ezra

 

X-Wing:

Some middle initiative pilots

 

On top of this I hope for a new card pack in the next year. I assume only released ships will be included, so on top of the above I hope for:

Tycho - I5 or 6 and old ability

Another alphabet ship with the reverse ability of Wedge, i.e. when opponent attacks, they roll one less red die.

Y with a turret bonus

A force multiplier ship like Howlrunner, e.g. at range 0-1 each friendly ship may reroll a green die.

Carson Teva pilot

Cara Dune crew

I'm also hoping a return to reprints next year, starting with either the HWK or the YT-2400, as they are both now Disney canon.

 

Other factions:

Empire:

More Interceptors please

Reprint the shuttle so they can stick more pilots in card packs

 

S&V - I feel like a lot of their ships could do with a boost in pilots

Mando stuff please

 

The rest of the factions I assume they still have plenty of new ships to work with, so I am not as desperate for new content for them, as it will come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if it's just because I've been talking Epic in another thread, or maybe that last cocktail,... But Y'know what? I think we just might get an Epic reveal.

Mysterious Structures keyword, HSRing, Jedi Commander, almost fully fleshed out CW factions for escorts, CW Armada1.5 about to drop, and that's with Hardcell and Consular, hmmmmmm...

I sense,... Something. Just a feeling I got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ForceSensitive I think you might be on the money there. Official app is updated with epic, so there’s a high chance of it. OTOH, the points update has helped some ships to become more viable (I’m looking at you RZ-1 generics). I’m thinking Hotshots and Aces 2 may be a possibility also..

Edited by Sm00thB0r3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2020 at 5:07 PM, ForceSensitive said:

I'm not sure if it's just because I've been talking Epic in another thread, or maybe that last cocktail,... But Y'know what? I think we just might get an Epic reveal.

Mysterious Structures keyword, HSRing, Jedi Commander, almost fully fleshed out CW factions for escorts, CW Armada1.5 about to drop, and that's with Hardcell and Consular, hmmmmmm...

I sense,... Something. Just a feeling I got.

Would be cool. I cannot either let the mysterious 4pt cargo "Coaxium injectors" from the first Epic points Pdf slip. I am still intrigued by it, we never got a card named like that: 

-Plain error (quite unlikely),

-an upgrade which was culled after playtesting, but FFG forgot to erase it from the points list,

-or something belonging to unreleased Epic content, which by mistake made it into the list, thus being a hint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Presumably we’ll still get the Rebel and Empire squad packs that were vaguely teased. Contents TBD but you gotta figure the RZ-1 will get some love.

Mando stuff has to happen. Like, come on. This is shut-up-and-take-our-money territory. It’d be fun if the inevitable Razor Crest came with some cross-faction pieces (e.g., Cara Dune for Scum + Rebel). I have to think they’ll sell us Moff Gideon in something, too—and I wonder if some of that pack’s contents will be cross-faction compatible with Empire + First Order. (Hey, a guy can dream, right?)

Reprints aren’t sexy, but you know what is? Breaking the back of the stupid secondary market prices around the Gunboat and TIE Aggressor. This is money sitting on the shelf that could spice up Empire for newer players. And speaking of which, you know that 2.0 Empire can’t be complete without the Lambda and Bomber. It just can’t, I’m sorry.

Beyond that, FFG/AMG/whoever would be fools not to sell us another card pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These could appear or be announced in 2021 - if combining existing leaks and teasers makes sense.

  • Huge ships for Rep/Sep.  May contain scenarios (see Hyperspace ring).
  • Squadron packs for Reb/Imp.
  • New ships for Res/FO.  Huges maybe later.
  • Razor Crest + 1 ship for Scum. 
  • Campaign pack with co-op mode and structures (could be plastic, more likely book + cards + cardboard

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

I'm just saying, there's been a subtle underground of folks who wanted a ground assault game mode. And I'm thinking, maybe, just maybe, structures had something to do with that.

Ground assault with troop transports, atat, atst, occupier tanks, air speeders, atrt, speeder bikes, maybe a sandcrawler, would be great. I'd be all over those. 

Prequel era would have loads of choices for vehicles, too. Sequel would be restricted to the few vehicles in crait, tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 11/24/2020 at 8:49 AM, Cpt ObVus said:

But seriously, if I see one Yuuzhan Vong ship, I’ll be a very unhappy plastic starship commander.

I think this is a very narrowminded opinion. No offense. There are probably people who like that storyline and would like to see the Yuuzhan Vong get into the game. Not saying you have to like it but to be all 'bah humbug' about it just seems like "Oh, only MY needs should be catered to." I am certain that's not what you meant, but it's how it came off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

I'm just saying, there's been a subtle underground of folks who wanted a ground assault game mode. And I'm thinking, maybe, just maybe, structures had something to do with that.

Possibly.  Alternatively, it could be a sign of objective play / epic focused content like communications arrays, orbital installations or turbolaser platforms.

Not ruling ground assault out of course, but it'd be a pretty major release and likely have it's own rule subset - like Epic Battles - and I'd think it's probably more likely they'd provide more content for that format first.

Of course with everything else that's been going on who knows what's on the agenda?  To steal from GW, X-Wing: The End Times?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be both. Death Stars blur the line on ground/space combat. You know what they said in ep 4, watch out for those laser towers! They would be structures too.

I figure the missions that go with this hypothetical new Epic expansion could be strung together too. And for campaign play it also occurs to me that the new 'Hyperdrive' upgrade on the rings could be a possibility of much more. And we live in 2.0 now where adding a new upgrade type retroactively to ships is just an NuApp update away. Maybe part of the new hyperdrive mechanic is that they're going to retro the slot onto more ships and we can have Hyperspace wars? Just saying it's out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ebak said:

 

I think this is a very narrowminded opinion. No offense. There are probably people who like that storyline and would like to see the Yuuzhan Vong get into the game. Not saying you have to like it but to be all 'bah humbug' about it just seems like "Oh, only MY needs should be catered to." I am certain that's not what you meant, but it's how it came off.

Y’know, I really am not here to yuck anyone’s yum, but I’m absolutely allowed to have my opinion. I think that storyline was insipid, and I don’t want that material included in the game. Others can want it all they like, and that’s fine. If enough of them do, they’ll make the product. I still don’t have to be happy about it if they do.

Just one man’s opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2020 at 2:14 PM, ForceSensitive said:

I'm just saying, there's been a subtle underground of folks who wanted a ground assault game mode. And I'm thinking, maybe, just maybe, structures had something to do with that.

I would be so ready to give an official version a go

l5WC7Bol.jpg

But I am a bit doubtful that FFG is going that direction. But surely they would get my money :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done some conception work on one for fun. Had really simple take on altitude and terrain.

Adding on to the normal movement rules was a peg based altitude. The three altitudes were landed, low, and high. 0 pegs, one, or two. (If your model couldn't be fitted without one peg at least, but still wanted to land, there was a landed token to mark it) When you performed a maneuver, you could choose to change your altitude up or down by one by reducing the speed of your maneuver by one (even if you didn't have that move on the dial). Song a four straight and want to climb? So a three straight, add a peg. Want to hard over and dive into a strafe on that bunker? Set a two hard, reduce it by one to a one-hard, remove a peg from your flight stand.

Replacing the normal obstacles were 'spires' and 'Clouds'. Spires were like asteroids with two exceptions: you mostly only cared about them if you were at low altitude, and if you did hit one at low altitude you bumped it like a ship. If you started in contact with a spire, and your next maneuver couldn't remove you from contact or change your altitude, your ship is destroyed. Clouds were basically gas clouds, but only impact high altitude ships. Combat obstruction cared only if you were at the same height.

Then there was some ideas for having pog like tokens to represent deployable squads from landing craft and tanks and bunkers and stuff. Was a lot of fun to sketch out. Never really did a full draft though. Because I never really thought I could of written one out before the official one was made 😅 says the me from 3 years ago 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

I've done some conception work on one for fun. Had really simple take on altitude and terrain.

Adding on to the normal movement rules was a peg based altitude. The three altitudes were landed, low, and high. 0 pegs, one, or two. (If your model couldn't be fitted without one peg at least, but still wanted to land, there was a landed token to mark it) When you performed a maneuver, you could choose to change your altitude up or down by one by reducing the speed of your maneuver by one (even if you didn't have that move on the dial). Song a four straight and want to climb? So a three straight, add a peg. Want to hard over and dive into a strafe on that bunker? Set a two hard, reduce it by one to a one-hard, remove a peg from your flight stand.

Replacing the normal obstacles were 'spires' and 'Clouds'. Spires were like asteroids with two exceptions: you mostly only cared about them if you were at low altitude, and if you did hit one at low altitude you bumped it like a ship. If you started in contact with a spire, and your next maneuver couldn't remove you from contact or change your altitude, your ship is destroyed. Clouds were basically gas clouds, but only impact high altitude ships. Combat obstruction cared only if you were at the same height.

Your rules look pretty good!

Edited by Odanan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Decan Mabu said:

Indeed You can have it when you want, if you’re interested you can contact me.

Sure my good Mon Cal, will she be fuelled and ready to fly?

(You do accept Flans, right?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Odanan said:

Sure my good Mon Cal, will she be fuelled and ready to fly?

(You do accept Flans, right?)

Yes, of course, Not at the same way as my cousin from Trask 😜...   ... I make a better work, more like the technicians from Dac shipyards...

To be honest I’m tho one who has made this 3D design as well as many others more. 
if you’re interested on them please let me know 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Decan Mabu said:

Here are some examples 

Vn9EZ8B.jpg
vYHHtmG.jpg
bmhYDfF.jpg
l2uWFEF.jpg
 

and many others more...

Nice models! I'll spread the word. 

BTW: did you do the Black Ace's Modified TIE Interceptor? The TIE Avenger? The TIE Hunter? The Skipray Blastboat? The T-wing? The Chiss Clawcraft? The Toscan Fighter? (so many cool designs...) Where do I find all your models? Do you have a virtual store or something? 

Edited by Odanan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...