DakkaDakka12

More force users in factions

I am a Scum main, but I think all factions have room for an extra force user or to have existing characters in more ships.

While some feel Scum should have the least access to force, What characters exist in canon or legends who could fit into the Scum faction and what did they fly?

Did Maul ever pilot a Fang or anything for that matter?

What about his “brother” Savage Oppress?

———————————————————————

On the Rebels front, I know I saw Ezra pilot a Y-wing in the episode “secret cargo”

and I think he piloted a A-wing trainer with Kanan

https://www.starwars.com/databank/a-wing-trainer-rz-1t

It would be cool to have a aces pack with these 2 force users in different rides.

———————————————————————

Does Empire have any more options out there? I feel like the Inquisitors or Vader himself must have piloted something else at some point.

Your thoughts?

Edited by DakkaDakka12

Maul has a ship called the Night Brother, a Gauntlet Fighter. It’s a Mandalorian craft and I really hope it makes it into the game, though it will probably have to be scaled down. 

Savage might make it into Scum, as he was Maul’s apprentice when he created the Shadow Colletive. He might be CIS or in a squad with Maul in it. Don’t really remember him doing much piloting, so he’ll likely be just a crew, maybe a Gunner.

The big one I want for Scum is Mara Jade. While she has a couple of ships to choose from, the simplest is a Z-95. On such a fragile frame, you could give her a pretty powerful ability. 

Resistance are getting Leia, so that's a start. Would be nice to see some force-sensitive Imperial guards/hands, some of Luke's EU apprentices, or the Knights of Ren. I don't see scum getting too many force users, but a Savage and Maul synergy would be dope.

Edited by player3010587

6 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

The big one I want for Scum is Mara Jade. While she has a couple of ships to choose from, the simplest is a Z-95. On such a fragile frame, you could give her a pretty powerful ability. 

Hate saying this, but Mara will probably show up with a Force ability around the same time Horn gains Force Charges and Lowbacca crew is implemented... Ie, likely never... :(

Edited by Hiemfire

5 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

While attacking or defending, you may spend 1 force charge to roll 1 additional die. 2 force charges for her base.

Just now, Hiemfire said:

Hate saying this, but Mara will probably show up with a Force ability around the same time Horn gains Force Charges and Lowbacca crew is implemented... Ie, likely never... :(

Quite probably. But I’ll still throw her name in when she’s applicable. Could turn out we are wrong about her chances.

1 minute ago, player3010587 said:

While attacking or defending, you may spend 1 force charge to roll 1 additional die. 2 force charges for her base.

That could be pretty nice.

Just now, Hiemfire said:

Hate saying this, but Mara will probably show up with a Force ability around the same time Horn gains Force Charges and Lowbacca crew is implemented... Ie, likely never...

Sad but true. Purging the canon was needed for Disney to start cranking out movies on a regular basis. There was just too much lore for anyone to reasonably try to keep track of it all, so I get why they did it. It just isn't fun to know that a lot of the old legends stuff, like Mara or even the original Rouge Squadron probably wont make it in to this game as a result. 

14 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

Man I’d happily buy the new z95 if ffg placed just this one new pilot in the pack. 

39 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

Maul has a ship called the Night Brother, a Gauntlet Fighter. It’s a Mandalorian craft and I really hope it makes it into the game, though it will probably have to be scaled down. 

There's at least two versions of the gauntlet/Kom'rk-class, the smaller is said to be 52.3 meters and is supposedly the version that the Nightbrother is. And that's still 10 meters longer than the Ghost but only at the longest bits of it's wings. I don't think the front point of the central chassis is as short as the Ghost and I don't think it ultimately matters.

But then again, the Decimator and the Ghost both seemed fairly unlikely before they were originally announced. Maybe if they cut it back to the length of the Ghost, I'd still be pretty happy.

5 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

There's at least two versions of the gauntlet/Kom'rk-class, the smaller is said to be 52.3 meters and is supposedly the version that the Nightbrother is. And that's still 10 meters longer than the Ghost but only at the longest bits of it's wings. I don't think the front point of the central chassis is as short as the Ghost and I don't think it ultimately matters.

But then again, the Decimator and the Ghost both seemed fairly unlikely before they were originally announced. Maybe if they cut it back to the length of the Ghost, I'd still be pretty happy.

I'd be happier if they didn't monkey with the scaling and released the Kom'rk as an Epic ship with Night Brother as one of the titles.

51 minutes ago, Hippie Moosen said:

Sad but true. Purging the canon was needed for Disney to start cranking out movies on a regular basis. There was just too much lore for anyone to reasonably try to keep track of it all, so I get why they did it. It just isn't fun to know that a lot of the old legends stuff, like Mara or even the original Rouge Squadron probably wont make it in to this game as a result. 

Well, they did decide to rework Thrawn into canon. Given that Mara is from the same source (and apparently Zahn's other favorite character), and that the original Thrawn books were probably the most popular EU stuff, I think it's still possible a reworked Mara Jade comes in at some point (at least in books or comics).

1 hour ago, Kieransi said:

Here's another option for a Scum Force user:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Tam_Posla

I never heard of that character b4 but skimming through a wiki on him has me  a little annoyed at the silly logic behind him being resurrected by the force twice...

Despite his(in my opinion) bad writing, a deeper search reveals he shows up on screen in Rogue One AND Solo.

Heres his ship from the comic, it seems similar to a Firespray, and has a shuttle attached.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Tam_Posla's_ship

Thoughts on Mara Jade on a Z-95 or Kanan on a A-wing seem interesting as since they are on such low end platforms, they could have strong abilities without breaking the game.

@Okapi Vader in a Defender sounds too hard to balance.

Do you think FFG will start to allow characters(different but same name)in multiple factions again?

case in point

Palpatine

(probably) Ventress

Maul

Leia

If so can Ahsoka return to Rebels?(perhaps flying something better than a stolen tie she probably never even saw iirc)

Edited by DakkaDakka12

12 minutes ago, wildcrdj said:

Well, they did decide to rework Thrawn into canon. Given that Mara is from the same source (and apparently Zahn's other favorite character), and that the original Thrawn books were probably the most popular EU stuff, I think it's still possible a reworked Mara Jade comes in at some point (at least in books or comics).

Here's hoping. The Rebels animated series did an awesome job of re-introducing some stuff that had been relegated to legends. Since Disney seems to be ready to make Star Wars stuff till the end of time, there should be ample opportunities to get our favorites back.

1 hour ago, Okapi said:

I wonder if they could balance Vader in a Defender somehow. He'd be near unkillable, but maybe so expensive you'd have to play extremely aggressively to get much out of him?

Would 198 points be too broken?  Better make it 199 to be sure.

1 hour ago, Hippie Moosen said:

There was just too much lore for anyone to reasonably try to keep track of it all, so I get why they did it.

Also, some of it was utter garbage that really needed to go away.

1 hour ago, Hippie Moosen said:

It just isn't fun to know that a lot of the old legends stuff, like Mara or even the original Rouge Squadron probably wont make it in to this game as a result. 

What's Rouge Squadron?  "Come on, pilots!  We'll show those evil Imperials how to really wear cosmetics!"

16 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Also, some of it was utter garbage that really needed to go away.

Also very true. Like the time IG-88 got it's consciousness somehow placed in control of the second Death Star. An incredible power he used to mildly annoy the Emperor before promptly being destroyed by the Rebels. I'm not sure if it's real or not, but I have heard something about an Ewok Jedi as well. Stuff got really weird in the EU sometimes.

25 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

What's Rouge Squadron?  "Come on, pilots!  We'll show those evil Imperials how to really wear cosmetics!"

LOL and that's why we don't trust spell check. Yeah I meant to bring up Rogue Squadron, but now I desperately want a comic mini series about Rouge Squadron: the Rebellions most deadly squad of fabulous pilots.

6 hours ago, Okapi said:

I wonder if they could balance Vader in a Defender somehow. He'd be near unkillable, but maybe so expensive you'd have to play extremely aggressively to get much out of him?

This would be so great. He would probably need to be costed over 100 points, so it would be like "Gunner Luke" in the Rebels - You can play it, but it is just so expensive. 3 Force and a free evade behind 3 greens with 7 HP would be very tough to kill.

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

•Darth VaderDelta Squadron PilotManeuver tie defender

Hate, Full Throttle, 3 Force, his ability, that action bar and that dial... More like broken as **** at any cost.

I would accept him at 150 points and not a point cheaper(it would be horrifying to fit Defender Vader with Soontir)

at 150 he can fit a single wingmate(or 2 ties) but he cannot fit anyone great.

Maul and Savage as Scum pilots with Force charges and access to Force talents down the line doesn't seem unreasonable based on Clone Wars and Rebels. It is actually more in keeping with the story than Maul flying with droids which was never something we saw on screen. 

I think they missed their window with Mara. A big part of her appeal is she's the love of Luke's life and mother of his child. We like her story of being redeemed from the Dark Side and shaking off her "sins" in service of the Emperor's evil. I don't think they've left a framework in place to bring back Mara recognizable as Mara similar to how they've brought back Thrawn still recognizable as Thrawn. 

My big issue with ditching the original EU was that I had been enjoying it for some considerable time. It just felt so very cynical and pandering to a part of the fan base that didn't care all that much about it anyway. They seemed to do it more for a vote of approval. 

9 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Hate, Full Throttle, 3 Force, his ability, that action bar and that dial... More like broken as **** at any cost.

Heck, when you're having one ship as most of your squad, why not bite the bullet and shell out for Supernatural Reflexes?

6 hours ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

I would accept him at 150 points and not a point cheaper(it would be horrifying to fit Defender Vader with Soontir)

That's still enough for a shuttle - but not a shuttle with the Emperor on it.

Given that that one ship is basically carrying the game, it sound fair enough.

My main concern is the 'points fortress' effect - much like Kylo Ren; there's the temptation to pop one or two cheap ships, then spend the rest of the game going "nyah-nyah-nya-nyah-nyaaaaaah" at people's ineffectual attempts to get even half points on a nigh-on invulnerable and uncatchable TIE defender. 

9 hours ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

I don't know...

For the full effect, I really want Defender Vader, Defender Stele, and four Defender Generics on the same list.