Sign in to follow this  
TylerTT

For the love of yoda if you release better sculpted Rebel hero’s as event exclusives I will be so put out!

The retail sculpts for han and Leia and perhaps Luke are all kind of sub par.

if you dare make their resculpts event exclusive I will be so entirely sad

just let me buy the cast in plastic in their new hope costumes and include extra heads to replace the face sculpts on my original models. Maybe they function as personnel options.

Edited by TylerTT

I'd love to see an alternate sculpt Luke in his medal ceremony jacket.  He's kept that look in the recent SW comic series and would love to add that to my collection even if it means it's an exclusive. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see new versions of certain characters along the way. 

What about Hoth Luke and Han, or Leia in Endor garb? 

I suspect at some point, it will only make sense for us to get new versions (both sculpt and mechanics) at some point. 

I mean, we should at least see another Luke at some point. That guy changed a lot during the OT alone. 

There are these wonderful things called 3D printers that make a variety of different looks for the existing commanders.  Buy one, glue them to an FFG base, and whaddya know, good looking commander.  For 90% of games, it's an acceptable option, and for the rare percentage that will require an official mini be used, well, maybe those are the events releasing an exclusive expansion? 

51 minutes ago, crx3800 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see new versions of certain characters along the way. 

What about Hoth Luke and Han, or Leia in Endor garb? 

I suspect at some point, it will only make sense for us to get new versions (both sculpt and mechanics) at some point. 

I mean, we should at least see another Luke at some point. That guy changed a lot during the OT alone. 

FFG avoided such costume changes in IA. Uniquely among SW miniatures lines, I might add. 

And we already have Endor Leia. 

1 hour ago, TauntaunScout said:

I guess I was seeing other paint jobs. I was thinking the full on camo coat and helmet. I shall change my opinion to Hoth Leia, or even ANH Leia. 

Luke is a functionally different person (in capabilities and the Force) in each movie. It would be a shame to only ever have one version "just cuz reasons" 

2 hours ago, crx3800 said:

Luke is a functionally different person (in capabilities and the Force) in each movie. It would be a shame to only ever have one version "just cuz reasons" 

D6 by WEG provided, iirc, 2x Han, 4x Luke, 5x Leia, 2x Lando, 2x Vader plus one each of Chewie, R2, 3PO, Jabba, Yoda, Kenobi, Palpatine, Ackbar, the OT bounty hunters (except 4-LOM) even though they weren't even in the game! They just sold 'em for the fun of it.

Then D20 by WOTC gave us more variety than I can remember of them all, there were a ton. Easily half a dozen of several of the characters, hardly anyone was limited to a single pose: Ackbar is the only one that springs to mind. Some good, some bad, but man there were a LOT of them. Even some of the relatively niche heroes had 3 or more poses.

Imperial Assault by FFG? It had most, but not all, of our favorite named movie heroes. Luke alone got a second version.

I'm not holding out much hope for various alternate heroes in SW:L by FFG.

I'd say Luke played as is, vs. Luke with 1 or more force powers and/or a piece of gear, is a functionally different person. If that helps.

Edited by TauntaunScout

22 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

FFG avoided such costume changes in IA. Uniquely among SW miniatures lines, I might add. 

Luke has both "Post-Yavin" and RoTJ versions in Imperial Assault.

FFG does do various 'paint' schemes for X-Wing, but I don't see them releasing many different versions of a Legion model.

I think a lot depends on how the exclusive Vader works out. There has been a lot of complaints about it being too exclusive. Then again, positives may outweigh the negatives, all according to FFG.

I would love to get exclusive miniatures, as all of my commanders look different and I swap weapons and heads on troopers, but I will not quit if I never see the new Vader.

My solution is to do my own modifications, such as adding an LED to Luke and Vader lightsabers.

The Star Wars version of the Clue boardgames has ANH costume figures for the Rebel heros that are scaled darn close to Legion. I'm definitely using them for Han and Leia at least. 

On 3/1/2019 at 7:13 AM, TauntaunScout said:

The only such costume change as I've said elsewhere. Very rare for FFG to do SW costume changes thus far.

Rebellion has Pre-Training Luke and Jedi Knight Luke. 

On 3/1/2019 at 1:43 PM, Bohemian73 said:

FFG does do various 'paint' schemes for X-Wing, but I don't see them releasing many different versions of a Legion model.

I think a lot depends on how the exclusive Vader works out. There has been a lot of complaints about it being too exclusive. Then again, positives may outweigh the negatives, all according to FFG.

I would love to get exclusive miniatures, as all of my commanders look different and I swap weapons and heads on troopers, but I will not quit if I never see the new Vader.

My solution is to do my own modifications, such as adding an LED to Luke and Vader lightsabers.

Ni2LqAV.jpg

That's one of the reason's I'm not broken up about the exclusive sculpt.  Bought this bad boy from Push the Limit LED

x0QQuvA.jpg

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

Is this some miniatures game that I have somehow missed?

Probably means the boardgame.

jedi-luke_diagram.png

But technically, it has a few miniatures.

epic-battle-diagram.png

Edited by aniron