gmcc

about new Vader Commander

29 minutes ago, gmcc said:

Will it only be released at Celebration ?

Kinda unfair for people who can't go  there.. 

What does the article say? I bet the article explained exactly where this would be available.

Life isn’t fair. Get over it. It doesn’t negatively impact you in any way. Your alternative was it didn’t exist, which is the same end-of-the-day reality for you who cannot go as it is today. Don’t be so upset someone else gets a neat souvenir.

It's the same discussion over and over again. Yes corporations do "exclusive" stuff for events to push hype. They are (in most cases) cosmetic variants with most value to collectors. It's no game changer in any way, shape or form and the overwhelming majority of players will never see that mini in real life.

Yes it would be nice to have model variation but no one is stopping you from remodelling your Vader.

So take a deep breath, relax and prepare for the next regular release for everybody.  ;)

**** the hate wtf.. i just putted a simple question about the figure, not that it would change the game . i just liked how he looked and would like to get it that's why i asked..
Jesus this days everything turns to pointless discussions

1 hour ago, Tirion said:

It is the same rules just a cosmetic dlc for Vader. 

Mostly, but not 100% the same. With that ground he has below he should be taller than the one from the core set, making it harder for him to get cover and easier to see through some terrain while throwing his lightsaber

28 minutes ago, gmcc said:

**** the hate wtf.. i just putted a simple question about the figure, not that it would change the game . i just liked how he looked and would like to get it that's why i asked..

A FFG staffer could break into peoples homes and take a leak on people's collections and somebody would defend it.

I am surprised to see how strong the reaction has been not from people who want the figure, but the people getting quite so passive aggressive fanboy 'defending' it.

Edited by Arbitrator

22 minutes ago, Arbitrator said:

A FFG staffer could break into peoples homes and take a leak on people's collections and somebody would defend it.

I am surprised to see how strong the reaction has been not from people who want the figure, but the people getting quite so passive aggressive fanboy 'defending' it.

We SHOULD expect a tempered reaction to such a reasonable example. 😛

Edited by KalEl814

1 hour ago, gmcc said:

6757347.gif

3 hours ago, gmcc said:

Will it only be released at Celebration ?

Kinda unfair for people who can't go  there.. 

1 hour ago, Arbitrator said:

Ummm, multiple criminal offenses is hardly the same as them releasing a unique sculpt that doesn’t actually change your life in any meaningful way.

Nobody on the forum is going to defend ffg actually committing criminal acts. Even unethical actions. 

3 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

2 weeks ago: "Vader sucks.  Why would you even bother with him when you could use Palpatine?  He is not worth putting on the table."

Today:  "I will ******* burn my collection if I can't have that new vader mini!!!"

I'd much rather you ship me your collection and burn a picture of it instead.

5 hours ago, Arbitrator said:

No, the reaction from people complaining has been significantly worse.  The only way the multiple threads claiming an inability to acquire a cosmetic is somehow an affront to whatever is if you're willfully ignoring how much complaining has happened both in the threads here and the X-Wing thread about that fairly mediocre repaint of a vulture droid that's also a con-exclusive.  Hating FFG is apparently a sport and people are really reaching for some high scores on this con exclusive thing.

But's it's okay buddie, just keep telling yourself that everyone who doesn't care is some kind of fanboy and the outrage about not being able to get a piece of plastic that is mechniaclly identical to another piece of plastic is in any way shape or form justified.

Regardless of whether anyone feels it does/doesn't matter that someone cannot get an exclusive and feels irritated about it, one thing is for sure, it's caused arguments and resentment from a portion of our community and that's a shame. Exclusives are always divisive and annoy or frustrate a subset of your customers. Offering a key figure in the game when there's not already a few sculpt alternatives on sale, was bound to upset some. Perhaps in the end the marketing benefits outweigh the annoyance caused to those people, but it's a shame it has to happen at all.

I hope FFG do not later release this sculpt for purchase though. As it has been billed as a con exclusive, that would mean they've not only annoyed people over it been exclusive to start with, but risk annoying some of those who went to the con and bought what they thought was an exclusive rather than a time limited exclusive. From what I've read FFG do not have a history of doing that though? Fingers crossed they don't change that.

Hopefully they release a different Vader and Luke sculpt in the future for anyone to buy.

I honestly don't care about "cosmetics" so this doesn't impact me other than it's another example of exclusives annoying a subset of a community.

That said it could be far worse, they could have adjusted the card stats, that would have annoyed me and I imagine many others.

We are all consumers, and the negative feedback from the community is feedback FFG can choose to ignore or embrace.

I'm not sure the exclusive Vader being sold globally will upset people going to the event as this was announced after tickets sold out I think, and therefore was not an incentive for the purchase of that ticket in the first place, just a perk.

For me and many people in the community, the hobby aspect is a big part of collecting Legion, so missing out on what looks to be a much better sculpt to paint for the most iconic character in SW is a bit of a kick in the gonads. I expect everyone here understands there is no advantage to owning this product at all but this US exclusivity is not great for their global brand.

Stop defending FFG, people are entitled to voice their opinion on the choices FFG has made, this kind of feedback is invaluable for any company so stop trying to throttle community members for voicing their wishes.

Don't get me wrong this is not the biggest issue that needs addressing in the world, my life or even in Star Wars Legion, but that does not mean people should not express there opinion.

If this would come into retail i'd gladly buy it, sick sculpt and all. I'm not too bothered though if i don't get it either haha.

AND as it's made in resin anyway, so 'eff that shiz, not a big fan of resin minis.

When I saw it very first thing to come to mind was; why in the world is it on a elevated base, last thing vader (predominantly melee unless has light saber throw) needs is to be a walking T-47 everyone can see and shoot at lol. 

The sculpt looks great, I unfortunately won't be able to own it since I live way too far to travel for it when it doesn't come with anything different other than cosmetics. Yet I won't lose any sleep over it.

Edited by Tokous

12 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Nobody on the forum is going to defend ffg actually committing criminal acts. Even unethical actions. 

Yes we will defend it. Because it wasn't ACTUALLY illegal or unethical if you READ the news story and think for yourself ONE SECOND instead of just believing what the internet whiners say! [insert long detailed defense of illegal unethical behavior]