Sign in to follow this  
Boom Owl

Over / Under

9 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

First Order:  

• Recoil - 59
  • First Order Test Pilot - 58

Honestly, both pilot just need a very small point cut. Like 2-3 points. Recoil sounds really good on paper, he's just held back by his I4, and his faction that makes him sometimes hard to plug into a list.

• Midnight - 44

Midnight was priced like she still had her 1.0 ability, but really she struggles to deals any damage now and will not often win 1v1 like she did before. If ComRelay makes a comeback maybe she'll be worth this much, but until then...

• Malarus - 41

Again, any 40+ tie-fighter that doesn't benefit the rest of the squad is hard to justify. Malarus can be really good for 2 turns if he has Juke, but the price increase on Juke makes me think he should drop down maybe just 1 point to be worth it.

• Scorch - 35

Extremely good ability with the dial to make use of it. Fanatical Scorch is a fantastic filler that hits way harder than his price suggest, and that can stay in the game a remarkably long time.

• Stridan - 63

A really good ability, but unfortunately only works on friendly ships. So he can use... Hux more easily? And Hux isn't that good either. Hard pass for the most costly Upsilon.

• Dormitz - 60

I don't think he's so much undercosted as he's the only one who makes a REALLY good use of hyperspace tracking, for way more than both upgrade and pilot cost, separately. Killing the combo is probably one easy way to make him go back to being properly costed.

Empire

• Maarek - 46

I mention him just because I think that with the point change, he's really affordable and well costed, yet people still seem reticent to play him? Change lag, or still overcosted

• Ved Foslo - 45

Incredible ability, the kind that any arc-dodgey ace would dream of, held back by Init, on a ship that NEEDS high init to work. If the Tie-advanced had an upgrade more like the long-range scanner, would probably be worth it.

• Storm Squadron - 40 

A x-wing that needs high Init to work properly, and is shut down by half of the Init range. Just a tad overcosted, as bringing more Tie-advanced would be a way to make them easier to fly (Can't dodge ALL of their arcs!).

• Black Squadron - 38
  • Sentinel - 34

In my opinion, Duchess is properly costed, and these two are overcosted, but maybe it's the other way around. Anyway, something doesn't add up here, when duchess is priced like a generic (Are you telling me that generic Duchess should be playable and would be 100% fair? Not sure.)

• Vizier - 45
  • Scarif - 41

Both the lower end reaper want to be cheap-ish crew carrier, since they fly so fast they usually ends up being right in the middle of the fight, yet can't survive more than a few good hit.

oh this is a nice exercise

First Order:  

• Kylo - 76 
  • Midnight - 44
  • Scorch - 35

Resistance: 

• Poe - 68
  • Ello - 56
  • Nien - 55
  • Temmin - 54
  • Lulo - 38
  • Tallisan - 35
  • Rey - 80
  • Han - 76
  • Chewie - 72
  • Sympathizer - 68

Scum:

I don't have enough HS experience with Scum. On glance they seem pretty much ok, I can see a bit of point drop form like of Kad Solus and non-boba non generic Firespray

Empire

• Ved Foslo - 45
  • Vermiel - 49
  • Feroph - 47
  • Vizier - 45
  • Scarif - 41

Rebels

• Wedge - 52
Edited by Sunitsa
wrong color on lulo and tallie

55 minutes ago, Sunitsa said:

Temmin - 54

Temmin is really cool. Could see him reduced slightly.

Out of curiosity why do you think Poe is overcosted? I have only tried him about 6 times but he seems solid. Or at minimum has great matchups against the entire hyperspace field.

Edited by Boom Owl

15 hours ago, MasterShake2 said:

So, I agree pretty hard on L'ulo. On that chasis with that ability and at that initiative, he's definitely at least a 40pt pilot, probably higher. I don't really agree with Tallie, though. Her pilot ability might as well read "I'm a cheap I5" because it does little else. In that respect, I don't think her being cheap is problematic and I do think there's not a lot of room to increase cost without making her unplayable.

14 hours ago, millertime059 said:

So I love A-wings. Problem is that rebel A-wings are strongly outclassed by Resistance ones.

I've only been on the receiving end of Resistance, so I feel less qualified to comment, but the Resistance A-wings do feel hellishly strong for their cost. 

Lu'lo and Tallie are both amazing - Tallie's ability by itself isn't that great but is a big part of "Invulnera-Vennie" which is probably my least favourite thing to see across the board from me right now. 

I'm always a big swarm player, so my acid test on a ship tends to be "what happens if I try to field a generic swarm". For the RZ-2, you can field six blue squadron recruits, all with Heroic.  Given the superior dial, action bar, arc of fire, and ship ability to a First Order TIE fighter, that feels too good on first impression.

9 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Temmin is really cool. Could see him reduced slightly.

Out of curiosity why do you think Poe is overcosted? I have only tried him about 6 times but he seems solid. Or at minimum has great matchups against the entire hyperspace field.

I think all unique t70s are overcosted by a couple of points.

Poe specifically starts at 70 points (R4 is basically needed to use his ability, other options usually raise his base cost way higher) and he has an hard time to repay himself. He is the most expansive small base ps 6 (Fenn is right there, but Fenn has the unique gimmick of 5 reds at r1 which can't be overlooked) and, unless you invest in him further, he is somewhere between being a jouster and an arcdodger, but for the former he has the non negligible issue of stressing himself for the latter he has S-foils which are unreliable and prone to disasters. All of that while being relatively frail, being a shield upgraded xwing.

I'm not saying he's bad, just that I would see him a little bit cheaper (along other t70s)

First Order:  

• Quickdraw - 45
  • Backdraft - 41
  • Omega Squadron - 36
  • Zeta Squadron - 34
  • Kylo - 76 
  • Blackout - 64 
  • Recoil - 59
  • Midnight - 44
  • Malarus - 41
  • Scorch - 35
  • Longshot - 33
  • Null - 31
  • Omega Squadron - 31
  • Epsilon Squadron - 28
  • Stridan - 63
  • Tavson - 62
  • Dormitz - 60
  • Starkiller - 56

Overall I think the First Order is in good shape, but the Silencer still seems slightly overcosted. I'd like for Stridan to see more use, but his problem is the lack of appropriate crew upgrades, which I'm sure will be addressed in future expansions.

Resistance: 

• Poe - 68
  • Ello - 56
  • Nien - 55
  • Temmin - 54
  • Pava - 52
  • Black Squadron - 50
  • Bastian - 48
  • Expert - 48
  • Rookie - 46
  • Lulo - 38
  • Tallisan - 35
  • Green Squadron - 34
  • Blue Recruit - 32
  • Rey - 80
  • Han - 76
  • Chewie - 72
  • Sympathizer - 68
  • Finch - 66
  • Edon - 66
  • Ben - 63
  • Vennie - 62
  • Cat - 59
  • Cobalt - 58

Lulo and Talissan are cheap enough to make all the other pilots (and especially the generics) completely redundant. A 1-2 point increase should suffice though.

Scum:

• Fenn Rau - 68
  • Old T - 56
  • Kad Solus - 54
  • Skull Squadron - 50
  • Zealous - 44 
  • Han Solo - 54
  • Lando - 49
  • Freighter Captain - 46 
  • Lando - 29
  • L337 - 26
  • Boba - 86
  • Emon - 76
  • Frost - 71
  • Bounty Hunter - 66
  • Proach - 32
  • Seevor - 30
  • Ahhav - 30
  • Yushyn - 26
  • Surveyor - 25
  • Miner - 24

For the most part I think Scum is fine too, but the Fang has poor internal balance. I'd keep Fenn and the Zealot where they are, and up Teroch by 1-2 points and decrease Joy, Kad and the Skull by 1-2 points.

Empire

• Vader - 65
  • Maarek - 46
  • Ved Foslo - 45
  • Storm Squadron - 40 
  • Duchess - 42
  • Sabacc/Countdown - 44
  • Black Squadron - 38
  • Sentinel - 34
  • Howl/Iden - 40
  • Scourge/Mauler - 32
  • Wampa/Hask - 30 
  • Night Beast - 26
  • Black Squadron - 26
  • Vermiel - 49
  • Feroph - 47
  • Vizier - 45
  • Scarif - 41

Every non-Vader Advanced x1 is still weak, but I think there is a deeper problem here than just points cost. The design is just bad. Rather than keep making them cheaper, I'd attempt to design a mod, config or sensor that would work well with low initiative ships.

The Black has the same problem as the Skull Squadron Pilot, the Saber and most I3-4 generics with a talent slot: There are very few talents worth taking (Juke, Selfless and Fearless are decent but expensive; Heroic and Fanatical are the only obvious ones) and I3-4 in itself has limited value in a mostly 556 meta. +2 points, or possibly +3, make more sense than +4 in these cases.

Rebels

• Luke - 62
  • Wedge - 52
  • Thane - 48
  • Biggs - 48
  • Red Squadron - 43
  • Norra - 41
  • Dutch - 39
  • Gold Squadron - 33
  • Gray Squadron - 31
  • Han - 82
  • Lando - 80
  • Chewie - 73
  • Smuggler - 69
  • Saw - 52
  • Magva - 50
  • Tubes - 47
  • Renegade - 43

While I don't mind Wedge all that much at his current cost, he sort of makes Thane and the I4 pilots redundant unless you want a second non-Luke pilot. +2 should suffice to make the choice less obvious.

Edited by Okapi

First Order:  

• Quickdraw - 45
  • Backdraft - 41
  • Omega Squadron - 36
  • Zeta Squadron - 34
  • Kylo - 76 
  • Blackout - 64 
  • Recoil - 59
  • Midnight - 44
  • Malarus - 41
  • Scorch - 35
  • Longshot - 33
  • Null - 31
  • Omega Squadron - 31
  • Epsilon Squadron - 28
  • Stridan - 63
  • Tavson - 62
  • Dormitz - 60
  • Starkiller - 56

Resistance: 

• Poe - 68
  • Ello - 56
  • Nien - 55
  • Temmin - 54
  • Pava - 52
  • Black Squadron - 50
  • Bastian - 48
  • Expert - 48
  • Rookie - 46
  • Lulo - 38
  • Tallisan - 35
  • Green Squadron - 34
  • Blue Recruit - 32
  • Rey - 80
  • Han - 76
  • Chewie - 72
  • Sympathizer - 68
  • Finch - 66
  • Edon - 66
  • Ben - 63
  • Vennie - 62
  • Cat - 59
  • Cobalt - 58

Scum:

• Fenn Rau - 68
  • Old T - 56
  • Kad Solus - 54
  • Skull Squadron - 50
  • Zealous - 44 
  • Han Solo - 54
  • Lando - 49
  • Freighter Captain - 46 
  • Lando - 29
  • L337 - 26
  • Boba - 86
  • Emon - 76
  • Frost - 71
  • Bounty Hunter - 66
  • Proach - 32
  • Seevor - 30
  • Ahhav - 30
  • Yushyn - 26
  • Surveyor - 25
  • Miner - 24

Rebels

• Luke - 62
  • Wedge - 52
  • Thane - 48
  • Biggs - 48
  • Red Squadron - 43
  • Norra - 41
  • Dutch - 39
  • Gold Squadron - 33
  • Gray Squadron - 31
  • Han - 82
  • Lando - 80
  • Chewie - 73
  • Smuggler - 69
  • Saw - 52
  • Magva - 50
  • Tubes - 47
  • Renegade - 43

On 2/27/2019 at 11:50 AM, MasterShake2 said:

Ello and Nien, I'm more on the fence on. I've been playing both pretty consistently for the last few weeks and they do tend to spend a lot of the game with basically no pilot ability. Then, they'll do something bonkers that your opponent can't really hope to keep pace with, but that's been averaging about 2-3 uses a game for me. I'm not sure if they're undercosted based on your average turn-by-turn performance.

"2-3 procs per game is amazing" -blackout

Um.

It's been less than a month since the last point cost adjustment and I haven't played this game enough to even BEGIN to try to evaluate this discussion yet.

I've run one team this month (yep it's still February) and I've been beaten soundly by opponents that I should have beaten and destroyed teams that should have smoked me.  This week I destroyed a team that was undefeated for the month.

Much to learn there still is (for me).  ;)

On 2/27/2019 at 1:29 PM, Brunas said:

@Boom Owl they changed the core game mechanics to use colors that people could distinguish, but here you are still using green and red.

🔔SHAME🔔

Yeah because if you're color blind Red looks black so it's a good thing that they discontinued using Red on their black turn dials . . .

While Blue & Green both appear to be "white" on a dark background.  (Highlight it).

Yep.  All fixed for the less than 1% of people who are color blind.  :rolleyes:

19 hours ago, Mark Caliber said:

Yeah because if you're color blind Red looks black so it's a good thing that they discontinued using Red on their black turn dials . . .

While Blue & Green both appear to be "white" on a dark background.  (Highlight it).

Yep.  All fixed for the less than 1% of people who are color blind.  :rolleyes:

I have a friend with red/green colorblindness that I had to frequently help with reading his dials in 1.0, but the 2.0 changes solved all his issues.  There are multiple kinds of colorblindness and I'm certainly not an expert in the field, but it was definitely useful in this case.

First Order:  

• Quickdraw - 45
  • Backdraft - 41
  • Omega Squadron - 36
  • Zeta Squadron - 34
  • Kylo - 76 
  • Blackout - 64 
  • Recoil - 59
  • Midnight - 44
  • Malarus - 41
  • Scorch - 35