Sign in to follow this  
Jagos

Deciwhisper in 2.0

I used to play Deciwhisper a lot in 1.0. I enjoyed it more than any other list, going through all the changes that hit TIE Phantoms in the mean time.

With January changes I started building lists with RAC once more and came up with this:

VT-49 Decimator, Rear Admiral Chiraneau

Darth Vader, Grand Inquisitor, Dauntless, Hotshot Gunner, Shield Upgrade

TIE Phantom, Whisper

Fifth Brother, Collision Detector, Juke

I have played one tournament with this list and I am participating in a 14 player league. So far I am 5-4 in the league and I went 4-0 at the tourney, losing in the top cut. I love the way the list is played.

RAC with Grand Inquisitor is just silly. Almost a no brainer. You don't care about Initiative as you activate your action when last player reveals his dial. Or if the initiative is lower you activate it first and then do a blue maneuver. It almost always has two actions, and with a shield upgrade and reinforce it soaks up insane amounts of damage.

Only problem I faced is that Whisper, more often than not, dies very quickly. Sometimes it is dice, sometimes I just cannot avoid focused fire, despite two evades, force and focus. Combo of Vader, Hotshot and Juke Whisper is great, but phantom sometimes just cannot survive long enough to use it multiple times

I want to play an ace next to RAC, could you please give advice how to change the list to make it better?

6 hours ago, Jagos said:

I used to play Deciwhisper a lot in 1.0. I enjoyed it more than any other list, going through all the changes that hit TIE Phantoms in the mean time.

With January changes I started building lists with RAC once more and came up with this:

VT-49 Decimator, Rear Admiral Chiraneau

Darth Vader, Grand Inquisitor, Dauntless, Hotshot Gunner, Shield Upgrade

TIE Phantom, Whisper

Fifth Brother, Collision Detector, Juke

I have played one tournament with this list and I am participating in a 14 player league. So far I am 5-4 in the league and I went 4-0 at the tourney, losing in the top cut. I love the way the list is played.

RAC with Grand Inquisitor is just silly. Almost a no brainer. You don't care about Initiative as you activate your action when last player reveals his dial. Or if the initiative is lower you activate it first and then do a blue maneuver. It almost always has two actions, and with a shield upgrade and reinforce it soaks up insane amounts of damage.

Only problem I faced is that Whisper, more often than not, dies very quickly. Sometimes it is dice, sometimes I just cannot avoid focused fire, despite two evades, force and focus. Combo of Vader, Hotshot and Juke Whisper is great, but phantom sometimes just cannot survive long enough to use it multiple times

I want to play an ace next to RAC, could you please give advice how to change the list to make it better?

I'm unsure how the synergies are supposed to work; care to explain?

Imo, your problem isn't the builds themselves, but only having 2 ships. You can put just Juke on Whisper and just Tua on RAC and have 54 points for a 3rd ship, all 3 being very functional! Soontir with Predator, Sai with Title, a gunboat, etc etc

4 hours ago, Stefan said:

I'm unsure how the synergies are supposed to work; care to explain?

Ok, so if the opponent has lower Initiative than 5, which both of my ships do, I do a Grand Inquisitor action for picking arcs, then a blue maneuver to clear stress and then regular action for Reinforce. If the opponent has higher Initiative, I move, do action, and when opponent reveals his dial I choose if I want to turn the arcs, so I am sure I can shoot. Grand Inquisitor is amazing.

As for the synergy, Vader removes the token or pushes the wound. If the opponent chooses to keep the focus, RAC shoots first, after which the focus token will be removed due to Hotshot Gunner. Whisper with Juke is then free to shoot at will as there is no focus left to mess with Juke. Usually a significant amount of damage will go through with this combo. If the opponent chooses to remove focus, both RAC and Whisper will get better shots. If the opponent has both focus and evade, Vader will choose to remove evade so that Hotshot Gunner will remove focus, leaving tokenless ship to defend against Whisper.

8 hours ago, Jagos said:

Ok, so if the opponent has lower Initiative than 5, which both of my ships do, I do a Grand Inquisitor action for picking arcs, then a blue maneuver to clear stress and then regular action for Reinforce. If the opponent has higher Initiative, I move, do action, and when opponent reveals his dial I choose if I want to turn the arcs, so I am sure I can shoot. Grand Inquisitor is amazing.

As for the synergy, Vader removes the token or pushes the wound. If the opponent chooses to keep the focus, RAC shoots first, after which the focus token will be removed due to Hotshot Gunner. Whisper with Juke is then free to shoot at will as there is no focus left to mess with Juke. Usually a significant amount of damage will go through with this combo. If the opponent chooses to remove focus, both RAC and Whisper will get better shots. If the opponent has both focus and evade, Vader will choose to remove evade so that Hotshot Gunner will remove focus, leaving tokenless ship to defend against Whisper.

Thanks a lot!