Jump to content
Deadshane

Han Solo is just too good...

Recommended Posts

He just rocks, sorry.  Not Broken but flat awesome.

Im using this list and it doesnt seem to get much better,  Maybe another med droid to keep the walking carpet happy, but we will see....


++  Standard (Rebel Alliance) [800 Points] ++

+ Commander +

•Han Solo [120 Points]

•Leia Organa [90 Points]

+ Operative +

•Chewbacca [122 Points]: Emergency Stims, Tenacity

+ Corps +

Rebel Troopers [80 Points]: 2-1B Medical Droid, Z-6 Trooper

Rebel Troopers [72 Points]: Rebel Trooper, Z-6 Trooper

Rebel Troopers [72 Points]: Rebel Trooper, Z-6 Trooper

Rebel Troopers [72 Points]: Rebel Trooper, Z-6 Trooper

+ Special Forces +

Rebel Commandos - Strike Team [46 Points]: DH-447 Sniper, Recon Intel

Rebel Commandos - Strike Team [46 Points]: DH-447 Sniper, Recon Intel

+ Support +

1.4 FD Laser Cannon Team [80 Points]: Barrage Generator

+ Command Hand +

Command Hand: Sorry About the Mess, •Coordinated Bombardment, ••Brains and Brawn, ••No Time for Sorrows, •••Notorious Scoundrels, •••Somebody Has to Save Our Skins, ••••Standing Orders

+ Battle Cards +

Condition Cards

Deployment Cards

Objective Cards

++ Total: [800 Points] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Push the middle objectives and keep Solo firing.  He just seems to amaze me every game.

I used to run just Leia for all the points.  Then Wonder Twins for netlisting, came back to Solo with Chewie release and never went back.

I just ran him with Luke and Chewie,and while luke was good...he was a points sink.  This list has 2+activations on that list, mobility with the scouts and still silly versatility with Han.  He plugs so many minis every game, just support him.  So reliable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be careful up against Fett, he'll take han down easy. Most empire players will do anything to engage han in hand to hand. I was killing 12 stormtroopers a game, minimum, until the empire players i was up against went all out to engage him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still haven’t tried the 1.4 Cannon but pairing it with two Snipers sounds like a pretty lethal gun line!

Have you found you’re able to get shots with just one Cannon or is it mostly area denial?

The AT-RT is my favorite unit and I’d be sad to leave it off the table but this list looks fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Han was not present in any top lists at LVO or any tourney for that matter. I would not use that medic on Chewie as bad dice save units are the worst possible medic target as they will just simply take another damage. Also running Z6 and medic in one squad plus other Z6 squads just makes your opponent focus the medic Z6 squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Han is a good valid option but not a "top commander" option for me. As it has been pointed out, Han is stomped by Fett because of range, sharpshooter, pierce and Fett´´ s maneuverability. Vs Luke he is in a bad place as well (immune to pierce, son of skywalker stomping the walking carpet, Luke´´´´ s jump and push for maneuverability...

I think Han shines vs not-grenade launcher ATSTs or Vader´´ s fist. The rest of the competitive lists can deal with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Deadshane said:

I dont understand the respect for Fett.  A little focused fire dispenses with him nicely every time.

More like a lot of focused fire. He's the strongest unit in the game, defensively. He's harder to kill than he is good at killing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you like to push the middle, try proton saboteurs. They pair well with Chewy and Reckless Diversion. This will keep the Emperor at bay if you wait to blow the charges.

 

I agree with keeping the Z6 and medic apart. Make your opponent need to choose a focal point. 

 

You’re right: focus on Fett and he’s dead or irrelevant by turn 3. Kill him and his command cards are gone too, but you can still get one of Han’s back with Notorious Scoundrels. Han lists are all about controlling the timing of what your opponent can do and I agree that Chewy elevates him tremendously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2019 at 1:05 PM, Deadshane said:

I dont understand the respect for Fett.  A little focused fire dispenses with him nicely every time.

A little focus fire? Are we talking about the same dude? The one in mandalorian armor with defensive surge and Jump 2? You need in average 15 hits vs Fett and that only if he is not in cover (Fett is almost always in cover). And his maneuverability means you are not going to shoot him with a lot of units either. He can come out last, shoot you to death from high ground twice and hide again. If you are lucky you can shoot him with 2 units and get almost nothing. And if you are lucky to get a pair of wounds, he can fly off to his medic droid and get healed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Senjius said:

A little focus fire? Are we talking about the same dude? The one in mandalorian armor with defensive surge and Jump 2? You need in average 15 hits vs Fett and that only if he is not in cover (Fett is almost always in cover). And his maneuverability means you are not going to shoot him with a lot of units either. He can come out last, shoot you to death from high ground twice and hide again. If you are lucky you can shoot him with 2 units and get almost nothing. And if you are lucky to get a pair of wounds, he can fly off to his medic droid and get healed.

So much this! This guy as so many options, I wish I was playing Imperial! But with Sabinecoming  I will get something similar...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first time I used Fett (days after he came out) he got killed with 11 suppression token on him. Wasn’t a super serious game and my opponent wanted to see what it took to kill him in heavy cover with regular troops. If he’s rolling well, he’s really difficult for non-sharpshooter or hero units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2019 at 6:05 AM, Deadshane said:

I dont understand the respect for Fett.  A little focused fire dispenses with him nicely every time.

100% agree Fett is my least favorite unit in the game to use. He can't do anything at all. His attack is so weak and so then he can't kill any units nearby so they all just get a few shots in on him and take him down easy. On paper, second best defender. On the board he just stinks. That said love running rebel against him as it's so fun to watch my opponents surprise when the unit they thought was supposed to roll perfect blocks rolls...nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, bllaw said:

100% agree Fett is my least favorite unit in the game to use. He can't do anything at all. His attack is so weak and so then he can't kill any units nearby so they all just get a few shots in on him and take him down easy. On paper, second best defender. On the board he just stinks. That said love running rebel against him as it's so fun to watch my opponents surprise when the unit they thought was supposed to roll perfect blocks rolls...nothing

You've been lucky. Numbers don't lie, he is just as good if played well as his numbers say. This is the same as people who've been unlucky and had him defend against all of their hits saying "he's invincible, the sky is falling!"

Edited by arnoldrew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, bllaw said:

100% agree Fett is my least favorite unit in the game to use. He can't do anything at all. His attack is so weak and so then he can't kill any units nearby so they all just get a few shots in on him and take him down easy. On paper, second best defender. On the board he just stinks. That said love running rebel against him as it's so fun to watch my opponents surprise when the unit they thought was supposed to roll perfect blocks rolls...nothing

Of course, top Imperial players in LVO always took him because he is so bad he cannot kill anything. He "only" has Arsenal 2, sharpshooter 2, 2 black pierce 1, 2 black impact 1, a red flamethrower, a 3 red rocket launcher... And that is only "on paper". Put him in a table with scenery and you will never know what hit you. Well, you will know, it was a mandalorian nightmare.

Edited by Senjius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bllaw said:

100% agree Fett is my least favorite unit in the game to use. He can't do anything at all. His attack is so weak and so then he can't kill any units nearby so they all just get a few shots in on him and take him down easy. On paper, second best defender. On the board he just stinks. That said love running rebel against him as it's so fun to watch my opponents surprise when the unit they thought was supposed to roll perfect blocks rolls...nothing

Did you use his Command Cards? The rockets make him deal an averager of 3 wounds on range 3, ignoring cover. The flamethrower wipes an entire unit and the 1-pip card imobilizes one unit (hello Luke!). And during the rest of the game he reliably kills 1 trooper (range 3) or 2 troopers (range 2) and then there is the bounty. His save is good but you are not supposed to move him in the open and wait for him to be shot. You stay away or in cover and if need be "guard" or heal him. In my opinion he is the second best model in the game, only topped by Luke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the most valuable unit in the game is the basic stormtrooper unit. What do they do against Fett in cover? Well, a complete squadron with DLT shoots 5 white and 2 red dice. That is 1.25 hits and 0.625 crits for the white dice and 1.5 hits and 0.25 crits for the red dice. A total of 2.75 hits and 0.875 crits. Aply cover and you get 1.625 hits vs Fett. You get 0.54 wounds Vs Fett.

What does Fett do Vs the same stormtroopers in heavy cover? Well, the first turn can be a rocket+carbine shot for 3 red dice and 2 black dice. That is a total of 2.625 for the rocket and 1.25 for the carbine. 3.875 hits which ignore cover. Aplying pierce 1 that means 2.94 dead stormtroopers. 

What if Fett is shoot at and then he flies to burn his enemies? Ok, carbine + flamethrower = 2 black dice+6 red dice= 1.25+5.25=6.5. After saves and Pierce 1 you get 4.25 dead stormtroopers.

What if Fett "has no weapons"? 4 black dice with pierce 1 equals 2.5 hits=2.25 dead stormtroopers after saves and pierce 1.

Two of this units are more expensive than Fett and they can do one wound to Fett in turn 1 and less in next turns due to casualties. Boba can kill 7 stormies in the first 2 rounds and laugh at the rest of them in the next turns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe its just the choices in my list.  Sure Fett is a threat.  Thats why he never makes it past turn 3 against me.

"LVO players blah blah..."  Whoopee doo!

I was talking about commanders, but if we wanna switch gears and talk Operatives who also kill crap...Chewbacca.

Obvious synergy with Han picking up just about everything he lacks.  Awesome complimentary cards.  Rips arms out of sockets, and shields important characters.  Back him up with stimms, a med droid and Emperor forbid Leia, and you have an Operative that can be tougher than an ATST.

While you are busy killing Chewie, Han will be plinking those precious stormtroopers everyone loves so much.  4 a turn.

Everything else in the list killed Fett a turn ago.

Fett...unimpressed.  Rebel synergy wins over Imperial bluster.

/trashtalking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Deadshane said:

Maybe its just the choices in my list.  Sure Fett is a threat.  Thats why he never makes it past turn 3 against me.

"LVO players blah blah..."  Whoopee doo!

I was talking about commanders, but if we wanna switch gears and talk Operatives who also kill crap...Chewbacca.

Obvious synergy with Han picking up just about everything he lacks.  Awesome complimentary cards.  Rips arms out of sockets, and shields important characters.  Back him up with stimms, a med droid and Emperor forbid Leia, and you have an Operative that can be tougher than an ATST.

While you are busy killing Chewie, Han will be plinking those precious stormtroopers everyone loves so much.  4 a turn.

Everything else in the list killed Fett a turn ago.

Fett...unimpressed.  Rebel synergy wins over Imperial bluster.

/trashtalking

Hehehehe, i do not know if you are joking or just trashtalking. 

Or maybe you are a big fish in a fish tank because things like “the rest of my list deal with Fett” does not happen without a mediocre opponent. Fett can jump out of LOS as he wants and the “activate last, jump in, shoot, activate first, shoot and hide” is pretty basic and makes almost impossible to shoot Boba with more than 1 unit a turn.

In the other hand, Han killing 4 stormies a turn? Yeah, of course. IF you have 2 units in range you get 1.5 hits and 0.25 crits. Aplying cover you get 0.5 hits and 0.25 crits. Aplying pierce you kill 1 stormtrooper per shoot IF you are lucky.

Your comment about using medic droids to heal the walking carpet sounds like a poor choice. Chewie has white defence die with no surge. Use your medical droids with red defence die troopers (or at least white with surge).

Finally, Chewie being compared to Fett in “killing skills”… i just do not see it. In close combate Fett can wreck a unit with boots/flamethrower with 8 red dice while Chewie hits with four (five with tenacity). At range Chewie hits with 2 red 2 white for a total of 1 crit and 1.5 hits. Aplying cover and pierce is just one wound per shot. Mr. Fett laughs in Shyriiwook.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what you are saying is that Empire has more Powerful (expensive) characters?  What does one say to that?  "I know"?

Its part of the reason you get the good shots and opportunities on mobile units like Fett.  I got more troopers/snipers in scout 3 positions/and cannons on standby in the case of heavy Terrain.  More tactical options on deployment and more move options. 

You can armchair quarterback it all you like.  Im sure Fett runs roughshod over entire armies just like you say in your locale.  Like you say, Big Fish....

Im still unimpressed.  But I make it my business, I make sure Fett dies quick and he is about as useful in the game as he was "badass" in the movies.  i.e. did nothing.

Also, two things.

1.Im not sure how you go first against Solo run list holding a zero pip card, prolly waiting for Fett to Jump with a solid shot like a barrage/uplink FD.

2.Also, Rebels are not known for their red defence dice.  Chewie is designed to tank damage...unlike pretty much anything else in the arsenal.  I.E. med droid.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of that is saying "Fett sucks" of course.  Obviously you have to be ready for him.

He is ALMOST enough reason to bring a Speeder...which can swat him fairly easily if run and supported right.

Almost, but not quite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Deadshane said:

So what you are saying is that Empire has more Powerful (expensive) characters?  What does one say to that?  "I know"?

Its part of the reason you get the good shots and opportunities on mobile units like Fett.  I got more troopers/snipers in scout 3 positions/and cannons on standby in the case of heavy Terrain.  More tactical options on deployment and more move options. 

You can armchair quarterback it all you like.  Im sure Fett runs roughshod over entire armies just like you say in your locale.  Like you say, Big Fish....

Im still unimpressed.  But I make it my business, I make sure Fett dies quick and he is about as useful in the game as he was "badass" in the movies.  i.e. did nothing.

Also, two things.

1.Im not sure how you go first against Solo run list holding a zero pip card, prolly waiting for Fett to Jump with a solid shot like a barrage/uplink FD.

2.Also, Rebels are not known for their red defence dice.  Chewie is designed to tank damage...unlike pretty much anything else in the arsenal.  I.E. med droid.

 

Even in the ideal situation where Boba jumps out in the open, gets shot by the FD with barrage and aim twice before boba jumps out again, he gets 3 wounds and still survives and can hide the rest of the game. But since Boba is not stupid, he would at least take heavy cover, reducing the damage to barely 2 wounds. If he is a clever dude, he even brings medics and/or guards and takes 1 wound (if even) and is perfectly save.

When I'm playing Boba and there is Chewbacca on the other side, I'm very likely to do some happy dance. There is no easier Bounty than him. every hit translates into wounds (he even takes wounds when shooting at other stuff), he runs towards action and mid game even loses suppression-cover. The tricky part is to not kill the carpet with something else before Fett can do it 😆.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...