MegaSilver

Rebel Captive is Back! Stress-Sith!

Can anyone think of a single point that you'd ever want to flip to Sidious? I'm drawing a blank. It's not like either Seps or Reps are fielding ships replete with green on their dial (barring R4 droid usage) is it? Whereas being able to Rebel Captive things that want to target either your Infiltrator or supporting ARC-170 feels like it's always going to be more useful.

12 minutes ago, Mward1984 said:

Can anyone think of a single point that you'd ever want to flip to Sidious? I'm drawing a blank. It's not like either Seps or Reps are fielding ships replete with green on their dial (barring R4 droid usage) is it? Whereas being able to Rebel Captive things that want to target either your Infiltrator or supporting ARC-170 feels like it's always going to be more useful.

Letting your I6 7B lock, recharge force, evade AND roll, for a stress, when all 1- AND 2-speed moves are blue, seems pretty strong.

Edit: So basically, with Sidious in an ARC and Anakin in a 7B, you could

• Move ARC, coordinate to Anakin.
  • He can can either focus or recharge force, and then lock/boost/roll or spend 1 force to evade, and then gain 1 stress.
  • Then he uses his R4 to do a blue 1-turn, sheds stress, takes a lock/boost/roll/evade, and may spend 1 force to boost or roll.

And this guy flies a decently hard hitting ship at I6. An ARC takes a little while to deal with, but until you do, Anakin is nuts.

Edited by Okapi

12 minutes ago, Mward1984 said:

Weirdly, I think Sidious works way better on the Republic side. 

The Delta-7 doesn't really care about stress all that much, and has a solid dial anyway. But the Jedi pilots on it are going to be burning through Force tokens like nothing else. 

Getting a free action plus regenning a Force on those ships is going to be really valuable. It'll let them double reposition and get a crap ton of dice mods or access to Force power upgrades.

13 minutes ago, Mward1984 said:

Double actions for one force?  Three actions on one ship for one force?  Sign me up.

It seems strong, but it'll take planning and skill to use, so it's definitely not an every-game thing.

21 minutes ago, Mward1984 said:

The current crop of Sep ships isn't hurting on stress clearing maneuvers either, they're in odd spots for some of them but they all have a good number of options. A Focus/Calc + Calc sharing on the lead droid looks to be worth the stress.

It is certainly circumstantial but the option to get additional actions or a force regen for a stress is pretty solid. Any ship that gets a bonus for being stressed when defending or attacking likely won't mind an extra action and an extra focus or force. 

Other have hit on the main points but it is also very "fluffy." The Sith coming out of the shadows at the appropriate time.

Darth Sidious side also allows those Jedi to take that purple evade action and regain a force back right after. For those concerned about spending a force charge for an evade, here's your solution. 

7 minutes ago, Ablazoned said:

Sidious also allows droids to get a focus token if that becomes degenerate in any way.

It potentially allows a droid to use Barrage Rockets, but that's it, assuming they have the slots anyway>  it doesn't give them the focus action on their bar, so they can't equip Composure, and those are the only two generic things in the game that care I think?

Don't forget one think that I just thought: you can flip it only once, since darth sidious can't come back as chancellor.

It's an interesting way to play. Having the benefits of the first side of the card, and if you see more possibilities, flipping it to gain the other, but lose the first sides possibilities.

Edited by Silver_leader

1 hour ago, thespaceinvader said:

It potentially allows a droid to use Barrage Rockets, but that's it, assuming they have the slots anyway>  it doesn't give them the focus action on their bar, so they can't equip Composure, and those are the only two generic things in the game that care I think?

Well it would allow a ship to keep it's calculate for sharing with friends. Coordinate a calculate and get a focus as well. More mods is usually good. Your vultures equipped with energy shell charges probably like Sidious. Calculate as the ship's action, Coordinate a reload, and have a focus for shooting?

swz31_energy-shell-charges.png

Edited by Frimmel

6 hours ago, Mward1984 said:

It's not like either Seps or Reps are fielding ships replete with green on their dial (barring R4 droid usage) is it?

We haven't seen all their ships yet, but the hyena bomber has blue hard 2s (white banks though). The actis will probably have a lot of blue

4 hours ago, It’s One Of Ours said:

I really like this card.  I think it makes a lot of sense thematically, especially because it can be taken by either Republic or Separatist.  I’m already thinking of running Palpatine with Anakin and clone pilots, and naming the list “Order-66”.

Every time you use it....

Running Separists. “Execute Order 66”

Running Republic. “All who gain power, are afraid to lose it”

13 hours ago, gadwag said:

We haven't seen all their ships yet, but the hyena bomber has blue hard 2s (white banks though). The actis will probably have a lot of blue

The other thing I hadn't considered is that you can give droid ships focus tokens using this. I'm still not entirely comfortable with it being MANDATORY that any ship you coordinate with Sidious HAS to take a stress, if it was optional I'd be 100% on board with it. It's going to be finicky to work out when is the best time to flip Palps over.

16 hours ago, Silver_leader said:

Don't forget one think that I just thought: you can flip it only once, since darth sidious can't come back as chancellor

I keep hearing the Robot Chicken version of Palpatine.

"Buahaha! Little did you know I am actually.....Darth Sidious!"

"Yes, we knew.  You were wearing a hood. And we've all seen Revenge Of The Sith."

"Oh. I kind of thought this would be more of a dramatic shock. You know. Gasp! No! That's Impossible! That sort of thing."

"Nope. Literally no-one is surprised by this."

21 hours ago, Marinealver said:

It has been reduced to range 2. The old one had a range up to 5 (but huge ships ignored stress anyways). 

On the other hand, you get to choose which attacker gets stressed instead of just stressing the first attacker.

Also you can stress multiple attackers if you have more than 1 force point.

Hm. People are talking about the benefits of never flipping to Sidious, but a thought: Would Sidious make it easier to justify using Purple actions on Aethersprites? Coordinate the purple evade, but they get to keep their force charge and only take stress, which they can probably clear and still get their normal action. Or something more like this:

• Coordinate Anakin from whatever ARC Palps is on
  • Anakin uses Battle Meditation to spread the love to said ARC and another generic somewhere
  • Anakin takes a stress, gets a focus or his force charge back from Battle Meditation, whichever you prefer
  • Anakin moves blue and gets his normal action, and/or the boost/barrel roll from his ship ability, and still has two or three force charges active.