imprezagoatee

Sith Infiltrator Preview

Just now, thespaceinvader said:

I very much doubt they can block, they're Devices not ships.

So you think a ship will go through it, completing its maneuver as if nothing happened, but the droid will have to roll the attack die? That's a fair guess. 

On the other hand, I'd absolutely risk rolling an eye if this thing does keep ships from completing its maneuver/taking an action. It does seem too good for what it will likely be worth. The ability to block adds, I'd say, maybe 8-10 points to the cost of the upgrade. 

Just now, kempokid said:

So you think a ship will go through it, completing its maneuver as if nothing happened, but the droid will have to roll the attack die? That's a fair guess. 

On the other hand, I'd absolutely risk rolling an eye if this thing does keep ships from completing its maneuver/taking an action. It does seem too good for what it will likely be worth. The ability to block adds, I'd say, maybe 8-10 points to the cost of the upgrade. 

Yup.  I'd be prepared to bet like, several pennies that it won't block or bump.

Being able to block would add well more than 8-10 points, that's a really strong ability to put on a low init ship especially if it has a Gunner slot.

Just now, thespaceinvader said:

I very much doubt they can block, they're Devices not ships.

They have a hull value, agility, and movement. 

There is no precedent I know of for a device with these stats, can I move it under a ship during the system phase? That seems wierd especially since ffg seems to let fluff affect rules like Leebo(yt2400) losing his crew slot for a fluff reason despite him having 0 playtime even without this nerf.

1 minute ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

They have a hull value, agility, and movement. 

There is no precedent I know of for a device with these stats, can I move it under a ship during the system phase? That seems wierd especially since ffg seems to let fluff affect rules like Leebo(yt2400) losing his crew slot for a fluff reason despite him having 0 playtime even without this nerf.

This is a very weird thing to insist on, one way or another without:

• knowing the cost of the upgrade
  • seeing the updated rules that we obviously need
  • understanding how the device works, seeing as it's not on a base nor is it a standard device/obstacle since it moves during play

Interesting. Actually to have the full effect of Dooku crew you might want to have him on a pilot with few force tokens, which has easier to fulfil the requirement of all force tokens full. There is no such force user in the Seperatists (yet?). Maybe that's ojne way to balance him.

As for the probe droid. The idea for deploying devices which then move and effect the board state was asked for years ago. Nice, that it comes now, finally.

2 hours ago, MegaSilver said:

Yes, Palp will come in this pack.  It was already spoiled before in a Polish card spread. Besides they wouldn't spoil a card here if it wasn't availble in that pack.

Do we know that the 2 preqel Palps have the same designator and card texts?

2 minutes ago, Managarmr said:

Interesting. Actually to have the full effect of Dooku crew you might want to have him on a pilot with few force tokens, which has easier to fulfil the requirement of all force tokens full. There is no such force user in the Seperatists (yet?). Maybe that's ojne way to balance him.

He gives the a ship he's on a force rating of one, so the best way to use him is probably on a ship with a crew slot and no native force at all.

1 minute ago, svelok said:

At a minimum, the probe droid enables low initiative CIS ordnance to have locks the first round of combat pretty easily. Really opens up non-Energy Shell options for Vultures.

And Hyenas. :)

2 minutes ago, svelok said:

At a minimum, the probe droid enables low initiative CIS ordnance to have locks the first round of combat pretty easily. Really opens up non-Energy Shell options for Vultures.

Yeah, the lock spotting seems really strong.  Good for low init lock-spotting for force carriers generally, o enable double modded opening shots.

3 minutes ago, svelok said:

How easy is it, though?  Just working through, you'll go a 3-speed move (deployed in the end phase), followed by a 2-speed move (in the system phase).  Since a Vulture can easily do a 3-speed move themselves, that'll only be an extra 2-speed move's distance over what you'd normally be able to do with a Vulture. I guess I'd need to play around with it, get a sense of the on-table geometry.

2 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

How easy is it, though?  Just working through, you'll go a 3-speed move (deployed in the end phase), followed by a 2-speed move (in the system phase).  Since a Vulture can easily do a 3-speed move themselves, that'll only be an extra 2-speed move's distance over what you'd normally be able to do with a Vulture. I guess I'd need to play around with it, get a sense of the on-table geometry.

Plus the base width, plus potentially the extra speed from Skilled Bombardier.

Just now, theBitterFig said:

Plus the width of the token, twice, which looks like it's about the size of a maneuver dial, and can move sideways or whatever (it's a pentagon). And all that is off whatever location the Infiltrator is in, which is potentially quite different from where the vultures are.

10 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Forgot to check earlier, but it's cool that the Probe isn't limited to Infiltrators. I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with this baby on a Hyena for a nice little Ordnance Swarm. :D

How did I miss that.... Only one of the upgrades per list though, so max of 2 probe droids on the table per side. Dang it, now you have me drooling over possibilities with pure droid swarms again... :)

I think this also gives us an idea on how the _____ Discord Missiles from the Vulture expansion will work. They seem to have a similar deploy mechanic, although the token for them suggests a much more limited ability to move them. 

swz31_spread.png

5 minutes ago, svelok said:

Plus the width of the token, twice, which looks like it's about the size of a maneuver dial, and can move sideways or whatever (it's a pentagon). And all that is off whatever location the Infiltrator is in, which is potentially quite different from where the vultures are.

Especially as the Infiltrator could well have Cloaked at setup and Decloaked in the first system phase...

4 minutes ago, J1mBob said:

I think this also gives us an idea on how the _____ Discord Missiles from the Vulture expansion will work. They seem to have a similar deploy mechanic, although the token for them suggests a much more limited ability to move them. 

swz31_spread.png

😈I'm dreaming of Droid swarms with large numbers of smaller droids supporting them. This'll be interesting. 😈

12 minutes ago, matt.sucharski said:

Also, dropping or launching in the End Phase rather than the System Phase allows the opponent some counterplay when setting dials. Very cool.

It also means you can't decloak and then launch it, which is very significant.