Sign in to follow this  
Darth Seridur

Talon Roll Ruling required, FFG

To be fair, the official ruling has clarified  FFG’s talon roll execution procedure. It doesn’t change the poorly worded Rules Reference that caused the decision that could legitimately be interpreted multiple ways, thus this thread - doesn’t mean it was a wrong decision based on RAW (although I would not have ruled it that way), it means that they’ve fixed the glitch.

Edited by dsul413

3 minutes ago, Tharcas said:

So it looks like there is STILL a debate here.  It looks like we need an official ruling...  FFG?

This was answered in March in the Official Rulings thread right here in this very forum:

Q: While a ship executes a Tallon Roll maneuver, if it cannot be placed at the middle position (center line aligned to the center line of the template), is it able to fully execute the maneuver?

A: Yes, provided there is a valid position at which to place it. While executing a Tallon Roll, if a ship can be placed in at least one of the three possible positions (center line aligned to the front, middle, or back of the template), it must choose one of the valid positions, and it fully executes the maneuver. If a valid position exists, it cannot choose an invalid position to partially complete the maneuver. As with a barrel roll, while resolving this, the player may attempt to place the ship at the front, middle, and back before choosing a valid position.

33 minutes ago, Tharcas said:

Ah.  Well call me dumb!  I didn’t see that and I let a friend convince me it was not answered!

Thanks!

No worries!  The "Official Rulings" thread is not an obvious place to go looking for answers, since it's not mentioned in the Rules Reference or Tournament Regulations documents (which is, in my opinion, a mistake on FFG's part).