gmcc

Never played it so..

What is the possibility of this game getting sequels / prequels content ?

I saw it's getting Rebels content wich brings hope of seeing Thrawn and Maul in future content , but what about the rest?

U guys that play think it's possible to see Obi-Wan or Yoda or Kylo Ren or prequel characters in this ? since it's more a wargame and not like Imperial Assault..

Btw not sure , but is possible to have more of the same character but with different moves like IA Luke ? I really prefered to see a RoTJ Luke version

I think the chances of seeing Clone Wars content for every Star Wars game in the FFG lineup is a given now.

In regards to characters you are limited to fielding no more than one of each character by name. However, since every character can be customized with upgrades and various command card selections there is nothing to stop you from building your Luke to suit the RotJ Style. If it is the model himself you speak of, hit up the painting forums for inspiration on alternate paint schemes and conversions to make your luke RotJ style. 

Prequel/Clone Wars content, as some have already said is very likely (almost guaranteed).   

As for the sequel content, while I would LOVE to see it, it isn't too likely at this point.   This has nothing to do with the quality of the films, so please go elsewhere to discuss that, but more so there is not quite enough to draw on material wise at this point.

Now the First Order could happen, they have Stormtroopers,  heavy stormtroopers, Snowtroopers, Flametroopers as a generic heavy upgrade, Astromechs, AT-ST, that speeder used by Finn and Rey (plus deleted scene), Phasma, Kylo Ren, Executioners, etc.   But there is a finite amount.   Also, as much as I like the look of the First Order, they don't have enough currently to set them apart from a reskinned empire faction.   Perhaps, episode IX will give more units.

Of course, If they did just do a reskin of models, I would likely but them as I do really enjoy the First Order Aesthetic.

Resistance has, I think, even fewer ground units so far.   

I think after episode IX, and a few more seasons of Resistance, we could get these factions, but currently, there isn't enough.

1 hour ago, gmcc said:

didnt know that about CW , that's good news :)  oh yeah just wanted more unique characters or factions for the game... forgot about jabba too

The clone wars stuff will be represented as 2 new factions. 

18 hours ago, gmcc said:

What is the possibility of this game getting sequels / prequels content ?

I saw it's getting Rebels content wich brings hope of seeing Thrawn and Maul in future content , but what about the rest?

U guys that play think it's possible to see Obi-Wan or Yoda or Kylo Ren or prequel characters in this ? since it's more a wargame and not like Imperial Assault..

Btw not sure , but is possible to have more of the same character but with different moves like IA Luke ? I really prefered to see a RoTJ Luke version

It's high. It's very high.

Clone Wars is certainty.

Sequel trilogy era stuff is less likely - it’s possible in premise, but they just lack the unit types to make a good game compared to the OT or prequel era. I’d call it a maybe, but not for a while.

Alternate models/sculpts of heroes sounds pretty cool in my opinion. Luke of the core set is very clearly Luke before losing his hand (as the card lists the lightsaber as Anakin’s). I wouldn’t mind seeing an updated card for a more powerful Luke that is in line with RotJ. We’ve seen no evidence it’s coming outside of FFG putting multiple pose options in the latest announced heroes (Sabine and Bossk).

12 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Clone Wars is certainty.

FFG could be liquidated by then. Disney could pull their license between now and then. Noting is certain till it's on store shelves. I've seen it happen with announced products before. But the probability of getting Clone Wars stuff is very high!

I wouldn’t mind seeing an updated card for a more powerful Luke that is in line with RotJ.

I think to alleviate some of the pain of switching scales on us, FFG is intentionally making the characters in different costumes than they were in Imperial Assault, wherever possible. Hence I suspect Lando will turn up in his general's uniform or skiff guard disguise, 2nd Luke will be on a tauntaun (I can dream!), Thrawn will be in his costume from the cartoons, etc. etc.

As for sequels... on a long enough timeline they'll release miniatures of everrrrrrythinnnnnng as long as sales keep up.

Edited by TauntaunScout