Still experimenting with 2-ship Ackbar. Thoughts on this? Wondering if I should have Projector team instead of Engine Techs to help supplement Mon Calamari Exodus Fleet. Its an expensive title but I like it.

Name: Double akbar v2.5
Faction: Rebel
Commander: Admiral Ackbar

Assault: Advanced Gunnery
Defense: Fire Lanes
Navigation: Sensor Net

MC75 Armored Cruiser (104)
• Bail Organa (7)
• Caitken and Shollan (6)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
• External Racks (3)
• Leading Shots (4)
• XI7 Turbolasers (6)
• Mon Calamari Exodus Fleet (5)
= 142 Points

MC80 Assault Cruiser (114)
• Admiral Ackbar (38)
• Major Derlin (7)
• Engine Techs (8)
• Early Warning System (7)
• Leading Shots (4)
• Quad Battery Turrets (5)
• Mon Calamari Exodus Fleet (5)
= 195 Points

Squadrons:
• Shara Bey (17)
• Tycho Celchu (16)
• 2 x VCX-100 Freighter (30)
= 63 Points

Total Points: 400

This looks interesting.  I would think about Walex Blissex over Derlin to spend your brace twice in a round with no real consequences (or up to four times with consequences.)

Shara + Tycho cost one point more than Jan + an X-wing/YT-1300.  Given the defensive nature of the A-wings, it might be good to use something that protects the VCXs from getting locked down.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

I am by no means a Rebel expert, being only a new defector... However, can I add to the above that maybe there's enough defensive upgrades there, including Walex, maybe you could switch out the Exodus title for Defiance (5) on the 80A for some more punch? Keep Eng Techs though - it makes an MC80A just a little bit more unpredictable when bringing that broadside to bear. Also, if the idea is to get the 75A up close and personal and already has Xrax, so perhaps add Aspiration (3) to it for two extra facing arc shields?

I really like Bail Organa as well... it can really catch your opponent off-guard with a sneaky First shot when you're second player which, with the right timing, could be potentially devastating. As you'll likely be 2nd player, your chosen objectives are solid too, especially Adv Gunnery. Just need to think through the execution of each of them to maximise your advantage.

Defiance is a very nice title but I think with this list being so easy to out-activate I fear that it is easy to dodge the extra dice, even though i admit it is very tempting to add another one in addition to QBT 😋 so I will try it.

Aspiration is nice and I haven't tried it yet so that is also on the bucket list.

The next step for this list is to abbandon the 2-ship setup all together and add 2 GR-75 transports with Ashoka and Leia respectively and Comms Nets.

throw in Redemption and two Repair crews... oh you wanted actual help... sorry. I like this list, but I do feel like your squadrons are not the best for a defensive fleet like this one. I do not think the VCXs work well, and I believe you would be better off switching to a biggs ball or something similar. 

12 hours ago, Cleto0 said:

throw in Redemption and two Repair crews... oh you wanted actual help... sorry. I like this list, but I do feel like your squadrons are not the best for a defensive fleet like this one. I do not think the VCXs work well, and I believe you would be better off switching to a biggs ball or something similar. 

The VCXs are probably there to token manipulate for fire lanes and sensor net unless I'm mistaken?  I think they are the right choice as it makes all of your objectives unappealing. It gives you the option of playing to the objective to force your opponent to come at you. I think though this strategy is more effective with FCT as you can double drag tokens with a Squadron command.

16 hours ago, Cleto0 said:

I want to try Redemtion! Im not sure it i fits and it requires too much point investment for what it brings to the list (51+8=59). I can drop shara and tycho but with the VCX's being pivotal to the list I'd have to drop 30 odd points in upgrades. Will certainly add it to a Leia MSU.

The repair Crews are not my favourites. Hard to use and with such a specifik window of use they are most likely I will mess up with them. So I save me some headache there :).

39 minutes ago, Cleto0 said:

The problem with your squadrons is that they will be ripped apart by any dedicated ball

If that happens then I guess you have to play to objectives or keep your squadrons close to your ships flak boxes. Can use EWS to force squadrons further into flak zones. For me the real risk is that with no bid you may be forced to pick a Squadron heavy lists objectives. I would much rather risk an early rush for sensor net and fire lanes with my VCXs and then make them come to me rather than try to chase their objective.

Posted (edited)
On 3/3/2019 at 1:49 PM, Frostweasel said:

If that happens then I guess you have to play to objectives or keep your squadrons close to your ships flak boxes. Can use EWS to force squadrons further into flak zones. For me the real risk is that with no bid you may be forced to pick a Squadron heavy lists objectives. I would much rather risk an early rush for sensor net and fire lanes with my VCXs and then make them come to me rather than try to chase their objective.

Yes, they can just choose second player and whip you with Pryce or something. Then you do not get any use out of the VCXs and you don't get bail's good ability, AND you are dead out-activated by most lists... major issue that need to be addressed, not just the squads, but I picked them because they do not change the Identity of the list. 

For your consideration... 

My band of memes:

MC75 Armored Cruiser (104)
• Admiral Ackbar (38) (can move to MC80, whichever you feel is safer..)
• Bail Organa (7) (we can use you now!)
• Gunnery Team (7)
• External Racks (3)
• Leading Shots (4)
• XI7 Turbolasers (6)
• Aspiration (3) (nice side arc!)
= 179 Points

MC80 Assault Cruiser (114)
• Strategic Adviser (4) Activations!
• Early Warning System (7)
• Leading Shots (4) 
• XI7 Turbolasers (6)
• Defiance (5) this or put TRCs on Redemption? or both?
= 147 Points

Nebulon-B Support Refit (51) Still can hit with Akbar, or with your "front" arc all the way around xD
• Projection Experts (6) I'll try moving shields to the MC75 on turn 1, that's a good trick!
• Redemption (8)
= 65 Points

Squadrons:
= 0 Points I decided to cut all of these just to throw it out there... Let me know if this interests you!

Total Points: 391

Edited by Cleto0

16 hours ago, Frostweasel said:

I would pick stuff with tokens that you get to pull around with the VCXs fire lanes and sensor net perhaps?

Of Course those objectives are anathema to the list with VCX,s. But i was wondering which objectives @Cleto0 would suggest if i was to drop the VCX.S.