J1mBob

Quick Build Decks for Printing!

This has been requested many times, and I finally completed it! 

http://infinitearenas.com/quickBuildDeck/#

The premise is simple: this site allows you to print or print-to-pdf ALL of the quick builds for any faction!

Note that it uses the FFG art made available through the official squad builder API.  I own none of the images, and neither do you! This is intended for your private home use.  With that said, FFG doesn't own the time I put into developing this tool! So feel free to visit my Patreon site if you are digging these cards... ;)

This is great! What an awesome tool! You have really done a lot of work for this format. Thanks! 

Supported on Patreon!

(Could I convince you to turn the image of Blue Squadron B-wing so it's not flying upside down anymore?haha, come on FFG!)

16 hours ago, TylerTT said:

Thank you so much for this. 

FFG needs to offer these things as participation prizes for quick build events.

I'd love to see FFG come out with official Quick Build decks for retail sale.  What I've made here is really just to fill that need, and I'd be happy to see it "retired" because FFG met this need instead.

3 hours ago, saturnflight said:

Now can we get a random quickbuild draft function?  Pull X number of those cards to build your squad.

I plan to implement that soon in my QBSB site. You pick a threat number, hit the Random button, and a number of quick build cards are randomly picked to fill up the threat number you entered. 

1 hour ago, saturnflight said:

That's cool! Can you include a Threat: Any?  I'd like to simulate shuffling a deck and dealing 10, 12, whatever cards to each player, then they craft a squad with those.

Ah, now I understand your request. Yes, that would be a very easy thing to set up. It’s now on the list of to-do’s.

43 minutes ago, papy72 said:

@J1mBob This is really nice.  I did notice that Academy Pilot has two different cards that are identical but with different costs.  I'm guessing that's a bug of some sort?

There is an Academy Pilot with a threat level of 1 and another Academy Pilot with a threat level of 2 with a note beneath the threat level stating “Paired with Academy Pilot”. Then there is yet a third Academy Pilot card with no threat level on it and then the “Paired with Academy Pilot” note. Cards with the “Paired...” note come together in pairs. So the two Academy Pilots are always taken together and cost 2 Threat. There is also a single Academy Pilot that can be taken for a single threat. 

The example is more clear if you look at pairings in the Rebel deck like Hera Syndulla in the VCX being paired with Ezra Bridger. Hera’s card has a Threat Level of 6 while Ezra’s card doesn’t list a threat level but states “Paired with Hera Syndulla”. Thus you get both cards as an inseparable pairing for the cost of 6 Threat. 

Hope this clears it up. If your view of the deck is different than I describe, please reply with details on what device and browser you’re using to view the cards so I can investigate. 

16 hours ago, J1mBob said:

There is an Academy Pilot with a threat level of 1 and another Academy Pilot with a threat level of 2 with a note beneath the threat level stating “Paired with Academy Pilot”. Then there is yet a third Academy Pilot card with no threat level on it and then the “Paired with Academy Pilot” note. Cards with the “Paired...” note come together in pairs. So the two Academy Pilots are always taken together and cost 2 Threat. There is also a single Academy Pilot that can be taken for a single threat. 

I do see the "paired with Academy Pilot" but don't quite get the concept.  If each Academy Pilot is worth one threat, why not just use two of the 1-threat cards? 

34 minutes ago, papy72 said:

I do see the "paired with Academy Pilot" but don't quite get the concept.  If each Academy Pilot is worth one threat, why not just use two of the 1-threat cards? 

It's less of an issue with Academy Pilots, but I know that - for example - the Planetary Sentinal turns up as a two-ships-for-three-threat, so the mechanic to 'link' quick build cards together needs to be in there.

33 minutes ago, papy72 said:

I think you do get the concept, because that is strange for that reason. That's why I talked through the Rebel pairs with VCX and Shuttles since it makes more sense.  I guess the 1 TIE for 1 threat vs 2 TIE's for 2 threat kind of matters for people that want to randomly deal themselves a squad...?

5 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

It's less of an issue with Academy Pilots, but I know that - for example - the Planetary Sentinal turns up as a two-ships-for-three-threat, so the mechanic to 'link' quick build cards together needs to be in there.

I just figured out my problem.  I was thinking these were pilot cards, and having one "pilot card" for two minis was causing my brain to short-circuit.

Posted (edited)

I'm finally printing these out! the export for my printing pipeline made a few things weird but still beautiful cards! 

Thanks so much for making these. I really hope FFG gets something available.

oh are there sleeves for this size of card?

Edited by TylerTT

1 hour ago, TylerTT said:

I'm finally printing these out! the export for my printing pipeline made a few things weird but still beautiful cards! 

Thanks so much for making these. I really hope FFG gets something available.

oh are there sleeves for this size of card?

You’re welcome, and I also hope FFG comes out with a quick build deck. Depending on your print settings, they’re about 7” x 3”. I don’t know of any sleeves that fit these.

On 3/17/2019 at 4:46 PM, TylerTT said:

also going forward it would be extremely helpful if you added Waves in addition to factions.  that way when wave 3 drops I can just print the new stuff.

Done! I don't quite have my code set up to print multiple factions in one go, but I do have the additional Wave 3 cards divided out from the rest per faction.

1 hour ago, gadwag said:

If you're updating the cards, do note that FFG has altered some threat levels and quick builds since they were first released

That's a good point.  I could include cards with updated threat levels as "Wave 3" cards... but I didn't keep notes on which ones changed. If there is a good archivist out there that knows which pre-Wave 3 cards have changed, please let me know and I'll separate them out for re-printing.

On 2/23/2019 at 4:32 PM, J1mBob said:

This has been requested many times, and I finally completed it! 

http://infinitearenas.com/quickBuildDeck/#

The premise is simple: this site allows you to print or print-to-pdf ALL of the quick builds for any faction!

Note that it uses the FFG art made available through the official squad builder API.  I own none of the images, and neither do you! This is intended for your private home use.  With that said, FFG doesn't own the time I put into developing this tool! So feel free to visit my Patreon site if you are digging these cards... ;)

I love these. You’re the guy who made the generator so we could make our own ship cards, right?