Sign in to follow this  
Zeoinx

Squadron Reprints! Video Included

If there is as much demand for the squadron I packs as it appears there might be, how long before these reprints sell out?

I plan on buying 4 of each and playing with them all. There must be several others like me, and also those that would buy many packs just to resell on eBay...

I feel like there are some miscalculations happening at FFG these days, and I think that is (in some way) good news about the health of the community.

Once Rebel Squadron I and Imperial Squadron I packs are in stock again, there will be three expansions that are out of stock. Imperial Squadron II (which I assume is because so many people run Phantom swarms ;)), Chimaera, and Profundity.

So it seems like FFG based their print run size for those last expansions on diminishing sales of older products. I think they underestimated the demand. People are playing this game, but that won't register as new sales until you give them something to buy! We all have heard stories of the community shrinking, and yet the game is in a healthy enough state to sell out of the last two expansions.

I think there will be a shock to the "in-stock" status of a lot of expansions this year. The SSD expansion along with the Sector Fleet rules may cause the Armada fan base to expand their collections. I am an example. I had been hemming and hawing over getting a second ISD expansion since Chimaera came out. The Sector Fleet rules encouraged me to pull the trigger (and I _had_ to have another MC30c expansion to balance things out a bit!). Now I am looking at another Interdictor ($12 on Amazon? really?) and maybe another Liberty (who doesn't want another Spinal Armament, after all?).

Edited by RobertK

On 2/25/2019 at 7:55 AM, thestag said:

If there is as much demand for the squadron I packs as it appears there might be, how long before these reprints sell out?

I plan on buying 4 of each and playing with them all. There must be several others like me, and also those that would buy many packs just to resell on eBay...

I'm guessing about 3 days. (Not really).

I was super lucky and when starting Armada CSI had some Rebel 1 packs in stock, but I was foolish and only got 2. So I'm thinking 2 more of those and 4 Imperial 1 packs. I don't think I will need more than that for most fleets. I think 3 of each would probably be good but this may be the only chance to get them.

Are these reprints already out of stock again? They showed “in stock” with FFG a few days ago. I contacted my FLGS to order. He told me last night they were “out of stock”. I checked back to order directly from FFG and now they are showing “out of stock”. 

The "Upcoming" section of the FFG website shows that both Squadron 1 Packs are "Shipping Now", updated yesterday (2/28). Usually it takes a day or two for the status to be updated on the product page. I hadn't seen whether they had been listed as "In Stock" before that.

49 minutes ago, RobertK said:

The "Upcoming" section of the FFG website shows that both Squadron 1 Packs are "Shipping Now", updated yesterday (2/28). Usually it takes a day or two for the status to be updated on the product page. I hadn't seen whether they had been listed as "In Stock" before that.

When I checked the “Products” page Wednesday, both showed “in stock”. When I checked again yesterday, Imperials were “sold out” yet Rebels were “in stock”. Last night, both were “out of stock”. FLGS said they were also “out of stock” at his supplier. Who knows!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, drail14me said:

When I checked the “Products” page Wednesday, both showed “in stock”. When I checked again yesterday, Imperials were “sold out” yet Rebels were “in stock”. Last night, both were “out of stock”. FLGS said they were also “out of stock” at his supplier. Who knows!

Huh. Well, I'd be surprised if items that are currently shipping (as of yesterday!) had even arrived at distributors yet. So it certainly wouldn't be surprising to me that a distributor would say they weren't in stock yet.

Having seen some of the inner workings of smaller volume operations of other game companies, it usually takes a couple of days for a warehouse to even finish shipping to distributors once a shipment of new product arrives. I wouldn't worry just yet.

Edited by RobertK
glaring typo

They are shipping to customers who managed to order before the stock was depleted.

FFG keeps stock to sell from thier website.  Whether or not game stores (and amazon or whatever) will be getting any to sell is the question.

1 hour ago, daggertx said:

They are shipping to customers who managed to order before the stock was depleted.

FFG keeps stock to sell from thier website.  Whether or not game stores (and amazon or whatever) will be getting any to sell is the question.

“Shipping now” means just that- off to distributors for local stores.

I just got an e-mail alert from Miniature Market that Squadron 1 packs are back in stock. They list 20+ of rebels and imperials. I grabbed a few for myself. Can't wait to get them!

2 hours ago, Captain Ordo N-11 said:

Unless I saw it wrong they are out of stock at CSI. I ordered mine 11 min after the email went out, guess I got lucky. I think FFG underestimated the demand.

It's also possible that retailers have underestimated demand. We don't know how many CSI or MM ordered. There is always a possibility that FFG has more at their warehouse and these e-tailers can still order more to sell. Amazon lists them for pre-order at a price above MSRP, for what that's worth. Also I see they are listed for sale through FFG. So they're still out there, just hard to tell how long that will last.

Posted (edited)

Change FFG to “Alliance”.

Its their job to distribute for and order from FFG. (At least in the US 😁)

Plus again, dealing with a situation where, due to Asmodee policy, pure Brick and Mortar stores get more preference than hybrid online stores who in turn get more preference than online only stores...  So online retailers are inherently at the lower end of stock priority - if anyone is getting shorted in the first instance it’s them, and there may be a ton out on the market through those other channels.

Edited by Drasnighta

Just to note, the FFG website as of this moment still lists the Squadron 1 Packs as "Shipping Now" under "Upcoming". Also, under the products page, both Squadron 1 Packs are currently listed as being available from the FFG website.

From my limited experience with (admittedly, much smaller) game companies, that likely means that their shipping to distributors is complete, and they have now updated their own inventory for direct sale purposes. Order away. The green "Add to Cart" button is calling your name! ;) 

1 hour ago, Dauerv said:

Boardlandia is sold out as well. Bummer. Here's hoping I can add a second pack of each squadron to my collection in 2021!

Have you tried ordering direct from FFG? :)