Da_Brown_Bomber

Scum post points adjustment... now what?

with no new scum ships arriving anytime soon, where do the latest points adjustments leave scum? 

Boba is hurting from nerfs to marauder and han gunner. Slave title is cheaper but with proton torps going up its questionable if its worth the points.

Fang fighters didnt change so they are looking strong for scum as aces, namely fenn and old t. i personally think fangs will be popular in hyperspace format but less common in extended.

Jakku gunrunner is still good at 32pts.

Mining Guild ties are not bad. Filler ships mostly. Seevor is turning into the scum filler ship of choice and is cheap at 30pts.

Escape Craft is perhaps scums most underrated ship, or used to be until coordinate shennanagins started popping up in half of the competitive lists being played. Even with slight points increases the escape crafts are still super good and undercosted.

4-Lom is still really good, the increased price of adv sensors hurts though.

Palob is still worth it even though Moldy Crow went way up. 58pts for the starter Palob seems about right. Just harder to fit in more than two wingmates now.

Y-Wings are officially good. veteran turret gunner and your choice of dorsal or ion turret r really good and both got cheaper. YYYYY and YYYY squads are here and are an archetype that you should plan for.

Drea who was already strong gets some heavy hitting wingmates with the now cheaper generic scurrg... add on VTG and a turret and u have yourself a hard hitting double tapper. Capt Nym is still a bit pricey for my tastes but some here are going to put him into a winning squad... I just prefer the Lok Revenant as a tanky brawler.

Drea with mining guild ties seems ok. not really top tier imo but might be better than it seems on paper. I dont think so tho.

Ventress got slightly cheaper and might get played but im not of the opinion she is worth all those points.

Guri is still Guri... dangerous in the right hands but eats lots of points to be playable.

Jumpmasters are still bad. Dengar is playable but only just.

Brobots!  forgot about them. They seem likely to make a comeback. 3 bots or 2bots fully loaded or more likely 2bots and palob or 4-Lom... that looks solid.

Scum falcon still looks undercosted and remains scums most customizable ship... im expecting to see more falcons about, rebel, resistance falcons as well.

...so where does this leave scum for the immediate future?

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

Sadface at the lack of Scyk. They dropped in points a couple, as did the cannons - Serissu with a Tractor Beam is now only 42 pts, a  Tractor Beam at I5 is a very handy tool in the toolbox and his ability is great. I just wish the blues on the dial weren't total trash. not tried the other Scyks yet.

Edited by Max Teranous

I've been playing this list with some success (only lost one game that was a close call):

198 points

Palob Godalhi — HWK-290 Light Freighter    40
Lando Calrissian (Scum)    8
Moldy Crow    18
Ship Total: 66
Half Points: 33 Threshold: 3

4-LOM — G-1A Starfighter    49
Advanced Sensors    10
Tobias Beckett    2
Mist Hunter    2
Ship Total: 63
Half Points: 32 Threshold: 5

Captain Seevor — Mining Guild TIE Fighter    30
Trick Shot    2
Ship Total: 32
Half Points: 16 Threshold: 2

Jakku Gunrunner — Quadrijet Transfer Spacetug    32
Pattern Analyzer    5
Ship Total: 37
Half Points: 19 Threshold: 3

4-Lom is the star of the list, you need to play a lot of games with him to maximise his efficiency.

losing the third crew slot on the YV-666 hurts less than I thought it would, and now it finally has a gunner.

For me, one of the coolest things to happen was the decrease in cost of the vet turret gunner and the addition of a gunner slot to the Scurrg ;) 

17 minutes ago, HealOverTime said:

losing the third crew slot on the YV-666 hurts less than I thought it would, and now it finally has a gunner.

For me, one of the coolest things to happen was the decrease in cost of the vet turret gunner and the addition of a gunner slot to the Scurrg ;) 

Agreed with the above.  The Gunner slot on the YV-666 opens up a lot of options given the range of Scum gunners - and in particular it makes Bossk a lot more usable now that he can equip BT-1.

Likewise, the Gunner slot on the Scurrg is a huge deal.  You can get three VTG Loks with Dorsals and a Dorsal+Hull Upgrade Drea in 200 points.  That's a lot of firepower if you can keep them all on target.

Edited by Jarval

I feel like Ketsu is in the range of playable now. Add title and cheap crew (Zuckuss maybe) and you got yourself a fast jouster with good utility softening up targets. 

27 minutes ago, flooze said:

I feel like Ketsu is in the range of playable now. Add title and cheap crew (Zuckuss maybe) and you got yourself a fast jouster with good utility softening up targets. 

Ketsu, + Fearless + Maul + Title (Shadowcaster) is very fun and strong and almost immune to bumping.

I've been trying to make Serissu work, but her potential might end up wasted on the Scyk. She has been one of my favorite Scum pilots since launch, but she needs at least a couple green heavy wingmates she can actually fly at range 1 with. I have had fun pairing her with Seevor at least. 

I think about Serissu in an Imperial faction Ln and wonder if even Serissu + Howl + Iden could bring the swarm back. Guess it only leaves room for two or three filler TIE though, so I guess those three ladies might not be the ticket either

6 hours ago, Max Teranous said:

Sadface at the lack of Scyk. They dropped in points a couple, as did the cannons - Serissu with a Tractor Beam is now only 42 pts, a  Tractor Beam at I5 is a very handy tool in the toolbox and his ability is great. I just wish the blues on the dial weren't total trash. not tried the other Scyks yet.

Ion Cannon Cartel Spacer is something folks are sleeping on.  Not saying it's top-tables, but it's not bad.  Cheapest ship with 3 red dice, and more toughness than the competition (3 Agi/4 HP, compared to 3/3 or 2/4 on Interceptors and Strikers).  4x Scyks + Fenn Rau feels good through a few early reps.  Lots of dice to throw, and a lot of arcs to dodge.  Ion effects come in handy.  It's not to hard to put an Ion token on something like a X-Wing or a Y-Wing.  Nien Nunb is a lot less scary if he's on Ion moves, and Fenn Rau is a great ship for pouncing on predictable opponents.

Edited by theBitterFig

8 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

I’ve been testing a Ventress build with Maul and Hate. I’ve been liking the results and think it’s in the ballpark of right price, though more testing might reveal its not worth the full 90 pts.

I have tried her with Hate and Zuckuss and felt like I got good value.  I haven't been sold on the cost of Maul yet though.

Just now, Burius1981 said:

I have tried her with Hate and Zuckuss and felt like I got good value.  I haven't been sold on the cost of Maul yet though.

The extra force token is really nice. Plus his help with regening Force when you take minimal damage can be very advantageous. 

I do need to try Zuckess on her, though. The lower cost and boost to offense is appealing.

23 minutes ago, Micanthropyre said:

Are we even sure Boba with Marauder and Han Gunner is dead?

I suspect it’s still viable. We’ll hopefully see some more variety in Boba builds, but I don’t think Han/Marauder will still have a place.

1 hour ago, Micanthropyre said:

Are we even sure Boba with Marauder and Han Gunner is dead?

Boba with Perceptive Co-pilot, Slave-1 & Proton Bombs comes in at 101 and feels more useful - at least in Hyperspace. That's what i'm trying right now anyway.

4 minutes ago, Max Teranous said:

Boba with Perceptive Co-pilot, Slave-1 & Proton Bombs comes in at 101 and feels more useful - at least in Hyperspace. That's what i'm trying right now anyway.

That’s about what I’m trying, minus the bombs. Feels real nice. Haven’t gotten that much use out of Slave 1 yet, but I feel that was due to the match ups and for 2 points, I can live with it being a “sometime” upgrade.

9 hours ago, DaProfezzur said:

I've been playing this list with some success (only lost one game that was a close call):

198 points

Moldy Crow    18

Advanced Sensors    10
Tobias Beckett    2
Mist Hunter    2

Trick Shot    2

Pattern Analyzer    5

4-Lom is the star of the list, you need to play a lot of games with him to maximise his efficiency.

You're 3/4s of the way there.  Trim the upgrades back for a Kimo with R5-P8 and you've got 3.5 Horsemen.  It's very good.

https://imgur.com/gallery/j79DQam

Edited by TheCeilican

8 hours ago, DaProfezzur said:

198 points

Moldy Crow    18

Advanced Sensors    10
Tobias Beckett    2
Mist Hunter    2

Trick Shot    2

Pattern Analyzer    5

I like the look of this squad. feels like pattern analyser could be 0-0-0 either on jakku or 4-Lom but I can see how it would be quite useful left as is. Beckett is very underrated by ppl imo. esp when u have effects like tractor.

9 hours ago, Jarval said:

The Gunner slot on the YV-666 opens up a lot of options given the range of Scum gunners - and in particular it makes Bossk a lot more usable now that he can equip BT-1.

Likewise, the Gunner slot on the Scurrg is a huge deal.  You can get three VTG Loks with Dorsals and a Dorsal+Hull Upgrade Drea in 200 points.  That's a lot of firepower if you can keep them all on target.

This^^

I've been testing this sqaud,

Drea/Ion, Hired Gun/Ion/VTG/Squad Leader, 2x Lok/Dorsal/VTG (199pts)

The 2 Ion Cannons could probably be on any of these 4 ships. Close or even mid range double taps from the Loks are brutal. If you can ion something it sets up a KO from the Scurrgs the next turn. Squad Leader for 6pts adds coordinate to allow you to give focus to a Lok that bumps or give red barrel roll to another ship (blocking and repositioning) but mostly to give TL to a Lok with focus.

The squad is called Dreagon Punch. 

images.jpeg

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

I really want to try a Scurgg with the title, FCS, an R3 Astromech and a Veteran Turret Gunner with Ion or Dorsal. Take two target locks. You can either focus fire on the same target with a single reroll for each shot through FCS, or get full rerolls on both shots.

11 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Guri is still Guri... dangerous in the right hands but eats lots of points to be playable.

Is there any "standard" or "consensus" guri build? 

I had my head wrapped around five ship builds where guri won't fit because points are spread thin. So I didn't think about our favorite star viper pilot for a while

48 minutes ago, flooze said:

I had my head wrapped around five ship builds where guri won't fit because points are spread thin. So I didn't think about our favorite star viper pilot for a while

Adv. Sensors is the main upgrade then after that it's up to you on hoe cheap you want her, Debris gambit is nice for a R1 focus/evade combo this also allows you to bump and still get focus/evade.

57 minutes ago, flooze said:

6 minutes ago, K13R4N said:

Adv. Sensors is the main upgrade then after that it's up to you on hoe cheap you want her, Debris gambit is nice for a R1 focus/evade combo this also allows you to bump and still get focus/evade.

Dare Devil is also an option to make her final position even harder for your opponent to predict.

13 hours ago, Max Teranous said:

I use Scyks a lot.  The 2-banks becoming white was initially disheartening for me.  But the more I’ve used them in 2nd edition, the less it’s bothered me.  Scyks really don’t need a lot of blue maneuvers, because they don’t have linked actions, and their pilot abilities aren’t fueled by stress or performing blue maneuvers.  The only red maneuvers they have are the K-turns, so you generally don’t need to worry about stress unless you perform a K-turn or took a Talent/Mod that gives them stress somehow.  There’s a case to be made for Quinn Jast and Overseer Yushyn, but meh.

Once I realized that, I learned to not worry and just enjoy the Scyk for the chummy little fighter it is.