dadocollin

Predictions for Toronto

30 minutes ago, dadocollin said:

After five rounds, five lists remain unbeaten: 3 Rebel, 1 Resistance, and 1 Empire.

Luke, Wedge, Dutch and their P-torps are in the lead.

I flew Luke Wedge Dutch PTorp at a store tourney last week and got murdered by Drea and 3 Scurggs.  

The problem obviously can’t be next to the table of course.  

1 minute ago, XPav said:

I flew Luke Wedge Dutch PTorp at a store tourney last week and got murdered by Drea and 3 Scurggs.  

The problem obviously can’t be next to the table of course.  

There is one of those Drea triple Scurrg lists at 4-1. 

Every released faction is represented in the top 16... except for Scum.

The only large base in the top 16 appears to be a single Upsilon.

(reminder not to ring alarm bells over one event, let alone the first new points event)

Quick faction count on 6-0 and 5-1 lists from Day 1:

Rebel: 6

Resistance: 3

Empire: 2

First Order: 2

Scum: 0

(One unidentified)

Clearly the Rebels are back in action. One other interesting note: The top First Order list is Kylo/QD/Null.

Edited by dadocollin

3 minutes ago, svelok said:

🤨 You have the app? I'm stuck with just the stuff they choose to make public (IE a "Galactic Republic" squad is at 14th???).

Edited by Hiemfire

2 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Yes. Lost to that Vader/3 Imdar list. It was pretty neat. Vader kicked my butt.

Grats. You did allot better than not making day two. Was there actually a Republic list being run or are the organizers trolling?

2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Grats. You did allot better than not making day two. Was there actually a Republic list being run or are the organizers trolling?

Somebody is trolling hard. Sounds more likely that somebody trolled at sign in and the list wasn’t checked, if true. There were no mobs discussing lynching the Republic player, so unlikely.

3 hours ago, svelok said:

And it appears to be because nobody brought any. 

At a quick count: there were three VCXs, two in the same list. One person brought both Dengar and Scum Han. Two people brought the Resistance Falcon. Around seven brought the Rebel Falcon. I don't think I see a single Decimator at the event.

To emphasize, this is ignoring placing. It's not that they showed up and did poorly. Nobody even put a Decimator on a table. I might've miscounted some of these, but it sure looks like Toronto wasn't impressed by the points change.

132 players. i count 18 scum sqds. 5 of these are drea based sqds, either with mining guilds or scurrg bombers. a few with hired gun, drea and two scurrg. 

looking at the imperial and rebel lists that were 4-2 or better im thinking the low init pilots for these scum squads had a hard time vs the highly mobile aces commonly played by rebels and imperials. Luke, Wedge and Vader can run circles around y-wings and lok revenants. Resistance has Poe, same issue.  the two best placed scum squads at 20 and 23 were both 3x Lok Revenant/Drea squads. 

brobots with 4-Lom went 4-2 and place 22. Boba/fenn squad went 4-2 placing 31. good going in this new meta but outside top 16.