dadocollin

Predictions for Toronto

Ok, so everyone likes to speculate about what’s the best since the points change, but let’s see who has the real pulse of the meta. The Systems Open in Toronto is this weekend. Give me your predictions for Extended Top 4 and Hyperspace lists that qualify (go undefeated).  Just ships or even list archetypes are fine.

I’ll kick things off. My guesses for Extended top four:

1. Four phantoms (minus one Juke) - I still think this list is very good.

2. Triple Upsilons - Yes, people will prep for this, but those playing it will have gotten better.

3. 4 ship Boba - Boba returns with all new creative upgrade combos. Either two quads or two Tie accompany him with one more buddy that’s not Palob. 4-LOM didn’t take a points cut.

4. Luke, Wedge, and 2 support. Probably at least a U-Wing. Two B-wings with buddies could also be a popular list and fill this slot.

Other predictions: Deathrain sees more table time and Resistance A-wings show up a lot more in both formats. Wondering how much the double-tap Ys will emerge.

For Hyperspace, I would probably say no one goes undefeated that isn’t flying at least two Upsilons. But people will be prepared for this, so maybe someone with excellent flying and some dice luck.

These are just my guesses - interested to hear yours!

3 minutes ago, Cr0aker said:

Han is back.  Been running him with the 2 tubes bro's.   Watch for rebel falcon.

I’m hoping Rebels are the most surprising faction this time around. It feels like Scum and Imps will dominate again (putting aside the Upsilon combo, which is the Dash of this season). I love Resistance and think they’re the most fun. I’m just not sure any Resistance combo has what it takes to do more than squeak into the second day of Extended.

Tripsilons will be all over hyperspace. Probably will win again. Or a really good Tavson/Kylo.

For extended:

Imp Aces: Something like Soontir/Whisper/Vader

Drea + 3 scurrgs or 2 scurrgs and a Y.

Doubletap Vennie + A + X

Scum Four: Palob/4Lom/ two friends still good too

I dont see rebels winning, but they will be seen alot. I think their ships rely too much on synergies and when that gets screwed up by bombs or a stronger jousting list, their plan goes into the toilet and not many of their ships survive well on their own. I like their chances more in hyperspace.

26 minutes ago, wurms said:

I’ve been playing around with Two generic Scurrg, a generic Y and Drea. You can fit Ion turrets on all of them with VTG. Once you survive the original salvo, that list could have a lot of fun with Triple Ups.

6 minutes ago, bydand said:

InVennicible

Tripsilons will flop (because it's not actually THAT good), and people will start an uproar about VTG lists and Vennie lists.

I love running Vennie with L’ulo, Tallie, and Zari. It’ll be so much sweeter now with my three A-Wing dials in flourescent orange dial covers.  This would definitely be my Hyperspace list.

In Extended I think it's going to be Rebel Han vs Quad Phantoms being the best lists, but with Day 2 appearances by Poe, Boba, Sloane, and probably (sadly) Triple Upsilons. The Upilons purely because I would expect a decent number of people who play them in Hyperspace figuring h*ck, I'll play Extended and if I don't make Day 2 I'll just play the same list in Hyperspace because frankly, thats a really solid strategy overall.

Hyperspace I think will be Rebel Han, Rebel 4 ship with a U-wing carrying Leia, and Triple Upsilons being the best lists. You'll see a few Poe/Nien/Lulo lists do ok, maybe a Tie Swarm, maybe a Boba list emerges but I would not be surprised if literally half of X-1 and better lists are Rebel with a decent number of the rest being Dormitz based lists.

6 minutes ago, Smudger13 said:

Anyone know the FO list currently running in second place? 

Just checked BCP. Looks like two generic Upsilons and two generic Tie/sf. 

Nice faction mix right now. The only faction without an undefeated list after three rounds is Scum.

1 hour ago, dadocollin said:

Just checked BCP. Looks like two generic Upsilons and two generic Tie/sf. 

Nice faction mix right now. The only faction without an undefeated list after three rounds is Scum.

Thanks! Looks like a fair few FO lists doing ok. Is that a triple Silencer list on 3 wins as well!? 

On 2/21/2019 at 2:59 PM, wurms said:

Tripsilons will be all over hyperspace. Probably will win again. Or a really good Tavson/Kylo.

For extended:

Imp Aces: Something like Soontir/Whisper/Vader

Doubletap Vennie + A + X

Scum Four: Palob/4Lom/ two friends still good too

This^^ esp. Drea with Scurrgs. I personally like the YY+2 scourge variant.

8 minutes ago, dadocollin said:

Dion just lost a close one with his four phantoms against another FO list - Dormitz, Starkiller Upsilons and Quickdraw. Round 5 just ended.

Dormitz, 1 fat as heck SKB and a lightly kitted QD with SF Gunner.