Sign in to follow this  
SithTimmy

StarFortress Hyperspace Build

Big fan of the Resistance Bombers and would like to give one a chance in hyperspace.  Looking for feedback and opinions.

Ben Teene - Rose Tico, Paige Tico, VTG, Trajectory Sim and Proton Bombs

2x Blue sqdn Rookies with adv Optics

My idea was Rose for TL's, Paige for rotating turret as needed and engagement phase bomb drops, VTG for double tap,Trajectory Sim for throwing bombs in the path of oncoming ships.  The Rattled condition might proc once a game... is that worth the crit?  The 2 T-70 with adv optics take a focus block ahead of bomber and shoot targets of opportunity. 

I think my weakness would be endgame.  one thought is to drop Trajectory sim and upgrade a T-70 to Ello.

Your opinions are appreciated.

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Resistance&d=v5!h!292:114,-1,173,90,189,-1,69,-1:;258:-1,-1,175,186,-1,-1:;258:-1,-1,175,186,-1,-1:&sn=New Squadron&obs=

After testing a lot of combinations this is my preferred config for the starfortress: 

Hyperspace RoseFinn

(58) Cobalt Squadron Bomber
(6) Veteran Turret Gunner
(10) Finn
(2) Fire-Control System
(9) Rose Tico
(5) Pattern Analyzer
Points 90

So good against low agility ships. with Pattern you can perform focus action despite red manouvers and the Finn+Rose+VTG+FCS gives a well modified red dice output.

Get Pattern Analyzer on your bomber. That card is so **** good on their dial with hard 1s and stops. Your ideal situation is to line up shots in your primary arc so paige can turn turret and double tap same target, and hard 1s and stop are how you will do it.

Ben is 'Meh', not as good as Vennie and even just points saved with a Cobalt is better.

If you are running only two friends, i dont think two blues are worth it. Get a good i5 ship in there just so you have some type of help. Many lists have taken Lulo + Bastian w/ m9g8. Could flip it to Nein and a ps1 Awing.

Joph is a good carrier of m9g8 cause he cant easily be focused down and killed quickly. That gives your Bomber lots of turns with rerolls.

Thank you for your feedback.  I will finish the list and try it out.  I like the idea of Paige and VTG for the double tap... and yes,the rotate turret if needed is really nice. I will post results when I get them.

12 hours ago, SithTimmy said:

Thank you for your feedback.  I will finish the list and try it out.  I like the idea of Paige and VTG for the double tap... and yes,the rotate turret if needed is really nice. I will post results when I get them.

There are a couple of threads dealing with this combo on the forums:

This fellow is a hard hitting beasty tank. 

Vennie (62)    
    Fire-Control System (2)    
    Perceptive Copilot (8)    
    Rey (14)    
    Veteran Turret Gunner (6)    

Ship total: 92  Half Points: 46  Threshold: 6    

Total: 92    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Resistance&d=v5!s!294:113,-1,54,187,90,-1,-1,-1:&sn=Unsaved Squadron&obs=

Find myself wondering if Finn/Veteran Turret Gunner might work well. If you can get your nose pointed at someone, that's a 4-dice attack followed by a 3-dice attack - you just need to figure out how to rack up dice modifiers to make it work.

A buddie X-wing with M9-G8 might be a good start, combine with a Perceptive Copilot and Advanced Optics and you're probably there. 

Nowhere near as tough as Vennie but that's some serious firepower. If you can concieve of a way to get mines out front then Cat could even make it 5 dice and 4 dice....

Yeah there just doesn't seem to be enough points to make a bomber that can bomb and also have double-tap turret shenanigans.  I think the turret combos are the best options for the bombers right now.  I like running double-tap Vennie with three named A-wings to help his ability.

I do really like the feel of the bomber, though.  It kind of wades into the fight and gets burnt down first nearly every time, which is exactly what happens in the movie.  There are a lot of good options with the crew and gunners now to make it hurt before it flames out.  Your endgame is going to depend on how well you can fly what you have left over after the bomber is gone, so choose ships/options that you like to play and are familiar with.

I ran the following build in two games this last weekend.  The double tap bomber was very effective against 1 defense ships (Chewbacca Falcon). and the A Wings were able to stand toe to toe against the 3 defense ships.  Heroic triggered 3 times in the 2 games, Adv Optics triggered 4 times, PA was used once a game, and Paige rotated the turret 2 times. 

I am considering 3PO instead of Perceptive CoPilot, that brings me to 197...  if i could wrangle one more point i would add shield upgrade.

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Resistance&d=v5!h!294:-1,206,54,90,189,-1,-1,-1:;301:172,-1,186:;301:172,-1,186:;301:172,-1,186:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

On 2/26/2019 at 7:05 AM, SithTimmy said:

I ran the following build in two games this last weekend.  The double tap bomber was very effective against 1 defense ships (Chewbacca Falcon). and the A Wings were able to stand toe to toe against the 3 defense ships.  Heroic triggered 3 times in the 2 games, Adv Optics triggered 4 times, PA was used once a game, and Paige rotated the turret 2 times. 

I am considering 3PO instead of Perceptive CoPilot, that brings me to 197...  if i could wrangle one more point i would add shield upgrade.

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Resistance&d=v5!h!294:-1,206,54,90,189,-1,-1,-1:;301:172,-1,186:;301:172,-1,186:;301:172,-1,186:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

That is the list I run, but i use rose crew and no heroic on the blues, opted for a seismic on vennie to threaten trying to fly around him. 4-1 with it. Only loss was a vader/soontir/whisper list where vader refused to not roll blanks. Two or three shots a round on vader but could never get into his hull.

Love the list, and is my top running list for trials at the moment.