Fuzzywookie

What ship have you not used in a long time?

I have never actually played a game with my Pelta, as every time I finally get close to finding a home for it in a build I just think "is this really better than an MC30?" and end up scrapping the build.  For similar reasons, I also never flew my Arquittens.

But it's been a long time since I've flown a Victory-class, an AFKII, a CR90, or a Raider.  Have never felt like I got enough out of those ships to justify putting them on the table.

2 hours ago, Fuzzywookie said:

For me it a victory. Maybe I’ll try a VSD II soon. Hmmmm. 

I have only been playing for a little over a year and am curious why the VSDs see so little play? 

17 minutes ago, codytx2 said:

I have only been playing for a little over a year and am curious why the VSDs see so little play? 

They are just not flexible, raw stats/cost wise they are actually one of the best ships in the game but in practice they bumble around and generally get picked apart by smaller and cheaper ships/ absolutely decimated by large ships and ripped to shreds by bombers.

1 hour ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I've played one game with my pelta. 2 weeks after it dropped. Never again. 

25 minutes ago, TheWampa said:

My Pelta. Actually, I have never flown it. Just always seems too slow, costly, and fragile.

Give one a chance in CC or Sector Fleet. They can be amazing in higher point games.

44 minutes ago, Admiral Calkins said:

Give one a chance in CC or Sector Fleet. They can be amazing in higher point games.

Might have to try that in the future. I'm just super annoyed that this basically means "no fleet commands for rebels!"

8 minutes ago, TheWampa said:

Might have to try that in the future. I'm just super annoyed that this basically means "no fleet commands for rebels!"

Well @RikkiP took one to the World’s semifinals last year, so they can be pretty good at 400 points for those that know how to use it.

2 hours ago, TheWampa said:

This is really funny to me. I always thought of it the other way round. To get the most out of the fleet commands you want as many ships as possible (except for entrapment formation). But if you already have to take an ISD to get the fleet command there really isn't a lot of room left for other ships to benefit from the fleet command. Making me always think "no fleet commands for the empire!" xD

Pelta and MC75 haven't been in any of my lists for a while, but got a couple of not-my-usual-style lists to try soon, so should be giving at least one of those two another shot tonight!

Edit: just realised I've used both the Pelta and the MC75 once each in the past few weeks cos I was already thinking of doing some different stuff! But prior to that they've not seen much play so still going to be giving them a good chance to prove themselves now. 

Edited by Akhrin

Raiders... Don't mind them just haven't really wanted anything from them... If I took one it would be an HIE DCAPS II... Or a naked raider I lifeboat...

Got into AF and actually bought a second last week...their pretty good with Ackbar n squads...