player3010587

Hyperspace Prize Support?

Do the retailers of upcoming Hyperspace Trials have their kits yet/know when they will have said kits? I'm not too concerned as to what's inside them (although it would be nice to know), but I'm concerned that the kits might come after a few of the events are hosted. For a lot of casual players I know, that would be inconvenient, and for tryhard players such as myself, it tests our patience. The first Hyperwave Trials in my area starts in just a little over two weeks. Time is ticking.

22 minutes ago, pyoinator said:

Wait a minute, this one is for the second wave of trials, what about the first wave of trials? Surely we have some information on those right?

Nope not a bit.

It puts the retailers in a predicament - they can't really postpone the event, so they're pretty much committed to sending out the prizes to attendees afterwards as the only realistic option. But postage cost times number of players is none trivial to say the least, and many stores can't suck that up. And they shouldn't have to, the dates were set by FFG, the stores adhere to them.

First UK one is in 5 days......

From what I understand those sales sheets are outdated.  According to my FLGS owner the kits support 64 players now instead of 32 and are significantly lower in price.  Hopefully FFG is on the ball with these and they will be out to LGSes by this coming Thursday since this Saturday is the first round of Hyperspace Trials.

FFG's track record with OP kits over the last year or so is part of the reason we scheduled our local Hyperspace Trial for the end of June, almost the last weekend of the season.