Thalandar

Reconfigure question

So, if i upgrade my pathfinders to the reconfigurable weapin card, do i still have access to the base weapon?

Example: pathfinders base range weapon 2 white dice at 1 to 3?

Indeed. In order to override your base weapon choices, an upgrade would have to have the sidearm keyword. Edit: Thanks, @YuriPanzer

I get why it's a bit confusing, though, since the upgrades are worded such that it seems like three different configurations of the same gun. But in practice, it's more like one gun that can switch between two secondary attachments.

Edited by Squark

Ideally if the idea was for the Armament upgrade to replace the base A-300, then the A-300 should have ALSO been an Armament upgrade for the Pathfinders, and the unit card should not have had a ranged weapon on it, like FFG is doing with Jyn.

Yeah, with Jyn she has to use the pistol or rifle or nothing if not equipped (probably why hers is free) - with Pathfinders they probably didn't want to cause any weirdness where they could only punch people - so they have the "default" A-300, then the Arsenal upgrade for configs but technically you still always have your two white to fall on. 

6 hours ago, Squark said:

Indeed. In order to override your base weapon choices, an upgrade would have to specifically say it replaces one. As of yet, no such upgrade exists.

I get why it's a bit confusing, though, since the upgrades are worded such that it seems like three different configurations of the same gun. But in practice, it's more like one gun that can switch between two secondary attachments.

Actually it is, the Electrostaff for Royal Guards, it prevent it to use the regular Force Pike. The Keyword is Sidearm

RRG page 53

image.png.34d191e33d7ec8a4e2879db421c3a61c.png

7 minutes ago, YuriPanzer said:

Actually it is, the Electrostaff for Royal Guards, it prevent it to use the regular Force Pike. The Keyword is Sidearm

RRG page 53

I doubt we will see Sidearm: Ranged on any Armaments for units with Heavy ranged or Grenade upgrades, since that would lead to a situation where the unit would be completely unable to make use of some of the upgrades it can buy. 

5 minutes ago, YuriPanzer said:

I also doubt it @Caimheul1313 , but he keyword exists :)

Anyway I completelly agree on what you stated, that if they wouldn't you use the "base config" when using the new Armament, would did the same as they have done with Jyn's gun.

Fair point, it was more of a general observation as to why "Sidearm" would have been a VERY bad thing to apply to this Armament upgrade. 😁

As an aside, people have been seeing email from Alex Davy regarding that the rules for Armaments have been almost entirely left out. Technically by the rules as written, Armaments are an upgrade you can take, but they have no effect, as only Grenades and Hardpoints add weapons to a unit. But email confirms that was an oversight which they hope to rectify when they can. Rules changes, even ones seemingly very obvious, are subject to the slow, grinding wheels of bureaucracy. 

Yeah, I heard this in reference to X-Wing FAQs, but I assume it applies to all Star Wars stuff, that technically Lucasfilm has to eyeball and approve them. Given how they treat other license holders (coughEAcough) I'm sure they don't get into details of the actual game, but somebody at a desk still has to see it and make sure no terrible typo or hidden message slips out with the LFL logo on it.