Animewarsdude

Mel's Imperial Assault Options

Saw his post on boardgamegeek. I'd love to buy some of those, but I have no idea of the quality. Price is high as well. Smaller than Legion, but more expensive? I guess due to the base? Even shipping is high.  Thought about trying it out, but at $32 USD for one miniature of unknown quality shipped ... 

Guess I'll wait till there are no more releases before buying the "missing" miniatures. That Cad Bane is tempting though.

Always seen these and thought I'd love some, but the high cost for unknown quality and shipping, just makes them too high to consider. Maybe one day

Edited by 54NCH32

I’ve purchased Legion scaled minis from Mel’s and they are awesome. My only problem is that thin parts such as lightsaber blades or pole arms can break a bit too easily.

Dont blame Mel for the cost. Shapeways did a price increase which makes it seem like a lot. My solution was to buy all the miniatures I wanted at once and pay only one shipping fee since they weigh practically nothing. 

@melminiatures so glad you brought your Legion miniatures to Imperial Assault.

Not Mel’s but still somewhat on topic: Just got me the Professor Moxi (it’s really Dr. Aphra) file from Skullforge on shapeways.com to try on a friend‘s 3d printer (it‘s actually an industrial printer so I‘m very optimistic). Would you guys be interested in the result?

I'm holding out hope for Kyle Katarn & Jan or Jyn Erso and crew to use as custom heros. Also gender swap versions of the existing heros would be nifty as well.

For those who haven't bought any of Mel's stuff before I own some of his Armada ships and love the detail.