Sign in to follow this  
xero989

Armada Monday Minutia, Roguey Wings

9 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

I think his point is that either way, the "u" is in the wrong place.

I see it now sorry I am legitimately Dyslexic, I have slowly gotten better though practice, but still struggle with certain things. These short write ups are half self improvement half to just give the community content, so thanks for helping me see the error it has been fixed.

Edited by xero989

@xero989, that is an interesting article! I have some criticism, a suggestion, and a thank you.

Let us start with the criticism: I think that the range advantage of E-Wings is nothing to call home about. Range 4 for flying + 2 for snipe is not more than the range  of an A-Wing (5+1). The generic E-Wing does not have even more dice for such a snipe attack than an A-Wing has. Clearly this is far from the range advantage that Squall does give to a Tie Defender or to a Tie Interceptor (2+5+1). And because  you want to activate via Rogue that means that even AFFM! cannot change the situation.

Nevertheless, the E-Wing does have some benefits over the A-Wing: obviously more hull, bomber, snipe does ignore counter, and if snipe is not used they have a die more. But beyond those, I want to highlight two further advantages: Thanks to snipe they can be closer too YOUR fleet while attacking. And this means that it is more likely that they are in Toryn and activation range than an A-Wing. But most importantly: while sniping they are not engaged. That means, after your Bail driven second snipe attack they can jump back to your fleet! Why should they want to do that. Well, first of course to get enemy squads in FLAK range when retaliating.

However, and here comes my suggestion, they  should jump back to get into safety: to the Galent Haven bunker. I would recommend to add the title to the AFMK2. This will annoy an enemy squad centered fleet like ****: with rogue you leave the bunker, snipe terrorize the enemy squads, snipe terrorize thanks to Bail a second time, and finally jump back into the bunker where  your squads are annoyingly hard to kill (especially when Jan is close).

So, thank you for your inspiration and ideas. Your blog article made me think!

Edited by Darth Veggie

Just wanted to jump in and say that between this and the Steel Squadron Garm article I've been feverishly writing bizarre lists along these lines, cos it sounds like a lot of fun! Recently using Imperial lists with Saber Squad has me pretty impressed by what Snipe has to offer, so will be good to try out a Rebel equivalent.