Sign in to follow this  
shamp

When will someone make this?

38 minutes ago, Direach said:

I believe this has been done, @drainsmith took the time to collate this information:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Am2tG8-iIXGdgd5P6WMs-9mN--0CBw

I'm not certain that is the most recent version, but I believe it is.

While this is certainly great (thank you, totally saved!) . It is not nearly as accessible as the link in the OP. The OP Link is a searchable site with adjustable minion stats, places to account for wounds and strain shift. Colorization of NPCs as well as having multiple tabs for easy access. Just not quite the same unless my PDF-fu is really really lacking. There are clearly work arounds for PDFs like this--multiple PDFs open, search feature, snipping tool, etc. But still won't compare.

10 minutes ago, shamp said:

This is all very good stuff. However--its nothing like what I asked about.  These are dropboxes and pdfs--not interactive webpages.

It seems that the answer to your question is something to the effect of "There are 900 adversaries in the indicated SW database which represent a single universe. Genesys is a multi-genre/universe game that in is in its infancy and such things are still in development. There are not enough opponents, regardless of genre, to warrant such an effort as such opponents are numbered in the dozens, not hundreds. However we will kindly share with you the best that will be available for the foreseeable future. Perhaps consider re-skinning opponents in STOOGOFF database to better suit your purposes". However I may be reading too much in the provided responses.

24 minutes ago, lyinggod said:

It seems that the answer to your question is something to the effect of "There are 900 adversaries in the indicated SW database which represent a single universe. Genesys is a multi-genre/universe game that in is in its infancy and such things are still in development. There are not enough opponents, regardless of genre, to warrant such an effort as such opponents are numbered in the dozens, not hundreds. However we will kindly share with you the best that will be available for the foreseeable future. Perhaps consider re-skinning opponents in STOOGOFF database to better suit your purposes". However I may be reading too much in the provided responses.

I am most thankful for the resources. And I do understand that Genesys is mutli-genre. I just figured that since its starting out its even easier to see if someone could get this going. Just as Stoogoff has different methods for narrowing down opponents the same could be done with Genesys by genre. I totally agree that many of the character's can just be reskinned.  I just hope that in future such a site like Stoogoff could be made for Genesys! 

13 hours ago, Seam said:

How can I print the NPCs from Stoogoff's site? First time I stumble upon it.

Your best bet is to use the snipping tool, and transfer the image of the stat block onto a word doc (or google doc). 

On 2/18/2019 at 5:33 PM, shamp said:

Star Wars FFG has this site made--when will someone make something similar for Genesys? List of all published (and some unpublished) NPCs with super easy access. Minion adjustment. Colored tabs for tracking enemies/opponents. If Genesys had this it would make GMing it so much easier.

http://swa.stoogoff.com/#accomplished-mechanic

Here's his information. https://github.com/stoogoff   https://www.stoogoff.com https://twitter.com/stoogoff  Get ahold and ask him, maybe he can pop in here and give you an idea, or anyone disposed to doing so, how to make one in Genesys.

Edited by 2P51

So I get it that Genesys isn't SWRPG, but there seems to be very little a Genesys GM couldn't leverage from stoogof's site with minimal effort.  I agree a PDF isn't the same as a searchable database with a web front end-  different strokes for different folks.  I actually use both, and would benefit from both! 

edit: ouch, stoo is a little behind here. 

Edited by themensch

I started playing around with this a few months ago. I'm no good at web design or Javascript, but I figured I could at least enter in some adversaries. It's probably not too hard to just tweak the colour scheme, too.

If you want to help, you can contribute adversary stats in the right format, like I've attached for Darth Maul. Entering in the name, description, abilities, etc, in the right format is the tedious part (unless someone very clever could write a script to take the official stat blocks and convert them to this JSON format). Then you'd need similar data for the weapons, abilities, etc.

Then you can add tags to make it more easily searchable.

Then someone will need to host it (or we ask stoogoff to add it to his site somehow).

I think it would be worth doing, but unless there are quite a few volunteers, I think it's too much work for one person when there are already quite a few good adversary resources.

Adversary Example.json

6 hours ago, dipicacyx said:

I think it would be worth doing, but unless there are quite a few volunteers, I think it's too much work for one person when there are already quite a few good adversary resources.

If anyone is actually going to do the work of hosting an adversary site, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I can save anyone ALL of this work. I have all the adversaries and can export them in whatever format is desired (json, xml, mysql, etc).