MrHedgehogMan

Selfless Rebels

I have a Hyperspace event coming up and I wanted to try a Selfless Rebels list. I have cobbled this together, but I'm not sure it's right (choice of pilots etc.) Biggs has a regen droid as he will be pulling more fire from other ships. Saw is there as his ability will start proccing once ships have used Selfless/Biggs. Evaan is there to give Biggs an extra agility (though that might be a waste). Not sure I need the Ion turret, but in my testing it was handy to have more than one arc.

Selfless Rebels (199/200)
=====================
T-65 X-wing: Biggs Darklighter (48 + 4)
    + R2 Astromech (4)
    + Servomotor S-foils (0)
T-65 X-wing: Red Squadron Veteran (43 + 3)
    + Selfless (3)
    + Servomotor S-foils (0)
U-wing: Saw Gerrera (52 + 7)
    + Selfless (3)
    + Leia Organa (2)
    + Tactical Officer (2)
    + Pivot Wing (0)
Y-wing: Evaan Verlaine (35 + 7)
    + Selfless (3)
    + Ion Cannon Turret (4)

I don't think Evaan is worth her points tbh. I'd roll up with naked Biggsy Boy, Selfless Red Squad Vet, Selfless Garven, and Saw with Leia and TacOff. People are a little more threatening this way around, especially with the potential extra focus from Garven.

3 hours ago, Greebwahn said:

I don't think Evaan is worth her points tbh. I'd roll up with naked Biggsy Boy, Selfless Red Squad Vet, Selfless Garven, and Saw with Leia and TacOff. People are a little more threatening this way around, especially with the potential extra focus from Garven.

If I take Garven instead of Evaan then it means that I can't get Selfless on Saw. I think 3 copies are needed for best performance. 

Bumping the Red to Garven and dropping Biggs's mech means that I can keep Evaan and pass Garven's focus to her if needed. It means that I can keep the list at 3 copies of Selfless.

I’ve got a similar list I plan to test this weekend!

Naked Biggs

Gold Squadron Y-wing x2 w/ Selfless, Ion Turret, and Veteran Turret Gunner

Saw w/ Selfless, Leia, and Tac Officer

The hope is to spread damage while letting the Y-wings try and get as much value out of Saw’s ability with their double-tapping, at the same time hoping to Ion-Lock ships out of the game.

35 minutes ago, Innese said:

I’ve got a similar list I plan to test this weekend!

Naked Biggs

Gold Squadron Y-wing x2 w/ Selfless, Ion Turret, and Veteran Turret Gunner

Saw w/ Selfless, Leia, and Tac Officer

The hope is to spread damage while letting the Y-wings try and get as much value out of Saw’s ability with their double-tapping, at the same time hoping to Ion-Lock ships out of the game.

I was thinking about something similar, but with Magva (so everyone is Init 3) without TacOff instead of Saw, and add an R2 to Biggs.  Magva might be better against Proton Torpedoes (does anyone even run them anymore?), but Saw seems like a potentially great damage buff.  I bet almost any squad which starts with Biggs and two Selfless VTG Golds is going to be decent.

6 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I was thinking about something similar, but with Magva (so everyone is Init 3) without TacOff instead of Saw, and add an R2 to Biggs.  Magva might be better against Proton Torpedoes (does anyone even run them anymore?), but Saw seems like a potentially great damage buff.  I bet almost any squad which starts with Biggs and two Selfless VTG Golds is going to be decent.

At a 16 person event on Sunday I was the only person running Proton Torpedoes (But there were a handful of Imperial lists w/ Homing Missiles) so between that little sample (More data needed...) and the fact that mods on both shots for the Golds will be nice, I’m leaning Saw.

5 hours ago, Innese said:

At a 16 person event on Sunday I was the only person running Proton Torpedoes (But there were a handful of Imperial lists w/ Homing Missiles) so between that little sample (More data needed...) and the fact that mods on both shots for the Golds will be nice, I’m leaning Saw.

Saw is probably the way to go. It messes up your opponent's targeting priority more than Magva I think.

18 minutes ago, MrHedgehogMan said:

Saw is probably the way to go. It messes up your opponent's targeting priority more than Magva I think.

As if the list didn’t do that already haha! 

“Okay you’re shooting Ship #1? So Ships 2-4 each take 1 damage. Okay cool.”

My buddy put together a similar list, but slotted Wedge in. You can run Biggs, Wedge, Magva or Saw (w/Leia), and a selfless X-Wing or Selfless VTG Y.

I had some pretty good luck with it. I think it's a strong archetype for Hyperspace. I have not tried it vs triple Us, but I suspect it will stack well. Should be able to spread damage, and 4 ships shooting w/at least 1 mod should burn down an Upsilon in two turns.

The nice thing is Wedge will give the Upsilons 0 agi, meaning they could not spend evades from hyperspsace data vs his attack.