dsnowak

2019 Armada US Grand Championship (and side events) at NOVA Open!

On 2/19/2019 at 6:02 AM, BiggsIRL said:

Is no one else going to point out the elephant in the room - that 2020 Worlds is going to be invitation only?

yep..unsure how I feel about this... If regionals gives top two, or possibly top four a reserved seat then I'm ok...if regionals only gives winner reserved seat BUT they at least double if not triple the regionals I'm ok... If they keep it to 40ish regionals on the planet and one grand per country I'm squeamish... And irregardless, they need to do something about winners who have reserved seats already not passing on ticket to second place, third, and so on.

But yeah comms is supposed to be better on this stuff in the coming year so we shall see... We shall see...

1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

How does parking work at NOVA? Assuming I have a car but am not staying at the Hyatt.

There are multiple garages nearby. I recommend getting there semi-early, as most of them have commuter rates if you get there before a certain time.

1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

How does parking work at NOVA? Assuming I have a car but am not staying at the Hyatt.

If you're coming up the street that the hotel is on and round the corner and there it is (don't bother trying to get a spot at the hotel if you're not staying there) hang a left at the light, drive down and you'll see a parking garage just past a little Italian joint on the left.  It has pretty good rates (I've parked there every time I've not stayed at the hotel)

For anyone still on the fence, half of the Grand Championship tickets are now sold!  We still have plenty of seats for Pirate Furball, but only six left for the Team Tournament.  Don't wait too long!

Just now, grim259 said:

Do you have any information on prizing?

FFG is in charge of the GC prizes, and I’ll know what those are when everyone else does.  There will be prizes for the side events, but those depend on what we get from NOVA sponsors (including FFG).  Aside from that, all I can say is there will be full prize support for all events, including crash prizes.

UPDATE: Team Tournament is now SOLD OUT.  You can sign up for the waiting list.  There are still 22 seats for Day 1 of the Grand Championship, but only 9 seats left for Day 2.  Pirate Furball is over half full, with just 15 seats left.