Sign in to follow this  
Moon-beast King

TV and movie characters that would make great investigators

Sam and Dean Winchester. Sam would be a great seeker/ guardian and Dean would be a great guardian/rogue.  Buffy Summers would be a great guardian/survivor and Willow Rosenberg would be a great Mystic spell user.  Ash Williams would also make a great guardian/rogue.  Fox Mulder would mainly be a guardian/seeker. Dana Scully would be mostly a guardian.

It's hard not to mention the Blue Rose FBI agents from Twin Peaks.  Primarily Dale Cooper who would be some sort of Guardians/Mystic and Albert Rosenfield as some sort of Seeker/Guardian.  Also Gordon Cole as some sort of Seeker/Mystic maybe.  Maybe make Dale Cooper's investigator card double sided so he can flip over and become Dougie Jones as some sort of straight Survivor with 0s in all his skill totals, but absurd Health and Sanity. 

Jack Burton

Batman, The Shadow, or Green Hornet.

Seriously, I'm surprised there hasn't been a masked avenger investigator yet.  I've toyed with the idea.  It would be a Neutral investigator, who would be the secret identity.  They'd choose from a set of masked avengers they can be, each with a different signature card and predominant faction, so they could be The Purple Storm, The Green Ghost, The Blue Bandit, etc.

1 hour ago, CSerpent said:

Jack Burton

Batman, The Shadow, or Green Hornet.

Seriously, I'm surprised there hasn't been a masked avenger investigator yet.  I've toyed with the idea.  It would be a Neutral investigator, who would be the secret identity.  They'd choose from a set of masked avengers they can be, each with a different signature card and predominant faction, so they could be The Purple Storm, The Green Ghost, The Blue Bandit, etc.

It's all in the reflexes...

I love the Shadow-like masked investigator idea. I think it might be a little too comic-book for the Arkham Files theme though. Maybe someone could do a custom mystery-men scenario?

3 hours ago, MrDodger said:

I love the Shadow-like masked investigator idea. I think it might be a little too comic-book for the Arkham Files theme though. Maybe someone could do a custom mystery-men scenario?

It's not a Lovecraftian character, I agree there, but I think it's a perfect fit for the 30s pulp feel that FF goes for, along with the likes of Dexter Drake and Monterey Jack.

Hmm. If we go more into the Batman/Zorro direction, could I suggest something that is a sort of mix of Lola and Preston?

You have a primary rogue or neutral character, who can't take weapons, the Secret Identity. A much weaker version of Preston, who can use only rogue cards.

You start every turn as the Secret Identity. Then, once per turn, you can switch to your other role, the Mask, where you lose access to some options (allies, maybe, because a Lone Wolf?) and some rogue cards, but can also use guardian cards and maybe a limited access to Seeker. 

Could even have dual signature cards, that do one thing for your Bruce Wayne and another for your Batman. 

Edited by Eldan985

I think a viable masked crime-fighter could be based on Eisner's The Spirit (Denny Colt - The Vigilante), whose foe the Octopus must of course be a minion of the Big C.

Edited by Carthoris

Hellboy seems an obvious choice (I'm referring to the comic book version) as Mike Mignola draws heavily from Lovecraft's rich tapestry.

I made these when I was just getting into the game, and I would change them in several ways now.

HBAH.jpg

HBAH2.jpg

Edited by dearearthling

tumblr_static_1382059_658452647519777_13

Phryne Fisher from Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries is pretty much Jenny Barnes to a T (perhaps a little older?). She's a well-to-do Aussie settling back into her estate from time abroad and is basically independently wealthy, but can be regularly seen in the latest fashions, picking locks, crawling in windows, pulling a pocket revolver on people, and dabbling in several languages when necessary.  She even has missing little sister baggage (though her sister went missing when they were MUCH younger).

It's on Netflix if anyone likes murder mysteries set in the 1920's. 

Edited by Soakman