Sign in to follow this  
Cloaker

Hooray. Upsilons on sale at Amazon for 12 bucks.

1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

The cheapest conversion kits are $21.99 + $4.57 shipping = $26.56 x 2 = $53.12, which isn't such a good deal.

Where are you finding them that cheap?! I’m seeing mid-thirties to forties through the usual suspects.

2 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Even with the interceptors at $9.16 apiece for $9.16 x 4 = $36.64, which sounds like a great deal...

The cheapest conversion kits are $21.99 + $4.57 shipping = $26.56 x 2 = $53.12, which isn't such a good deal.

But you buy full conversion kits, keep the Interceptor pieces, and sell the TIE Fighters, Phantoms, and Bombers to make money out of the deal!

10 minutes ago, XPav said:

But you buy full conversion kits, keep the Interceptor pieces, and sell the TIE Fighters, Phantoms, and Bombers to make money out of the deal!

That's a lot of time and effort to maybe save $25, if you can get buyers.  Most of us have families and careers where our time is worth far more than the costs absorbed. 

I always find it amusing when someone is like "this tournament was awesome, after I sell my prizes and cover my travel expenses I made $30!"   Like, okay, you invested an entire weekend of time into making $30... **** even working comparable hours as a starting level worker at McDonalds would have made far more than that... 🤣

29 minutes ago, kempokid said:

At $7, is the Hound's Tooth even worth it? 

I've yet to come across it in 2e. But it's one of the few Scum ships I don't have... just it and the jumpmaster.

If you’re already invested in Scum, and you’re not otherwise daunted by the prospect of having to store it somewhere, I’d say go for it. I mean, they’re practically giving the thing away. Even if it’s not amazing now, the pendulum will doubtlessly swing back—and it’s bound to be fun for a casual jank night.

12 minutes ago, kempokid said:

At $7, is the Hound's Tooth even worth it? 

I've yet to come across it in 2e. But it's one of the few Scum ships I don't have... just it and the jumpmaster.

I've used it a couple times using Moralo with title & docked Kaato, neither went very well though. I'd probably recommend getting it regardless of viability, at the very least you can use it for casual play or experimenting. Odds are it'll end up costing less points or get upgrades that make it more effective too. Maybe it'll get its 3rd Crew slot back without losing the Gunner and there'll be some super party bus Bossk or Moralo that'll tear things up, or Latts will get Weapons Engineer to really mess around with Target Locks.

I got 3 new YV-666s myself in preparation for Epic (I'm planning on running 4 TacScrambler Slavers as heavy guns / tanky meatshields for Drea + swarm to hide behind)

Someone bought like 2 Hounds Tooth, they're back up to $28.98.  

Upsilons are back up to $15.88.

Quadjumpers are super cheap at $5.29.

TIE Bombers, E-Wings, Kihraxz, and Interceptors also remain cheap. 

Quadjumpers are $5.

1e Hounds Tooths are cheap right now -- $13.10!

Bombers still cheap at $9

E-Wings all the way to $12

Upsilons at $16

Imperial Aces at $18

Rebel Aces at $20 is a good deal if you want models, but no flappy B-Wings

Phantoms at $10

10 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

Just got a Raider and Lambda, with amazon points, these three ships cost less than the initial Raider price of around $55 :D

I just broke down and got me one of those raider packs..  For 59 bucks.. the price can't be beaten.