Sign in to follow this  
Cloaker

Hooray. Upsilons on sale at Amazon for 12 bucks.

You see now why FFG did not nerf the Upsilons, they have so much stock left over that low demand pushed the price to that of a small base ship expansion.

I bet a few moths ago they had a meeting at the headquarters about how do get rid of all the stock.
Someone probably had the idea to allow for a powerful combo to be Hyperspace legal!
If that does not work though someones head is on the line probably. 😛

Edited by tsondaboy

You guys are Hilarious! The sky can fall when Trip Ups starts winning Major events. So Far its show up to all the major events and not even made the cut...

Its a nasty one trick pony Jack in the Box list that if you dont know how it works will generally mess you up but once you know its trick and counter play it, its just not that effective. Annoying yes, possibly un fun and the dreaded Negative Play Experience probably. What it is not is an Over Powered unbeatable list that is going to dominate the top tables.

28 minutes ago, infyrana said:

One day the UK will catch up to these great discounts on Amazon, currently way too pricey for us here.

it's not just you guys, here in Canada we get screwed as well

4 hours ago, Arttemis said:

Quadjumpers are under $7!

Armada Interdictors and Neb Bs are super cheap, too.

Don't do armada or scum.  But let me know if they ever get tie aggressors down that cheep..

9 minutes ago, PanchoX1 said:

I can see these low prices make the list appear more frequently at Hyperspace trials and system opens between now and June.

All for the glory of SNR Luke's + Kylo's, Y-Wings, Resistance A-Wings, Fangs, and boosting turrets!

-Edit- But seriously, if the meta gets boring, you can scale Dormitz' cost and the cost of Hyperspace tracking data relative to the number of Upsilon's in your list (which is cool, because 2U + Ace is some good fun, or non-Dormitz UUU). 60 if he is the only one, 65 if there is another one, and 80 if you have 2 upsilon's already. Hyperspace Tracking data still costs only 2 if it is the only one in your list, but bumps to 6 if you already have a copy in your list, and jumps to 12 if you already have 2 in your list.

Edited by player3010587

On 2/16/2019 at 3:29 AM, tsondaboy said:

You see now why FFG did not nerf the Upsilons, they have so much stock left over that low demand pushed the price to that of a small base ship expansion.

I bet a few moths ago they had a meeting at the headquarters about how do get rid of all the stock.
Someone probably had the idea to allow for a powerful combo to be Hyperspace legal!
If that does not work though someones head is on the line probably. 😛

This. I’ve penned something similar in a post....agreed 😉

10 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

I wouldn't go crazy. FFG is going to nerf the list to death.

No, they will not; this is the new triple Intel jumpmaster list; it’ll never win or make top tables. They need weird boogie men that can be beat by the big names and fairly easy to fly tough lists. It’s logical. And the ships look waaaaaay cooler than those d**n toilet seats 😝

Edited by clanofwolves

14 minutes ago, clanofwolves said:

it’ll never win or make top tables

Irrelevant. If it pushes ships, or even whole factions,completely out of the meta, it’s a problem.

And it does that.

When you show up with named Strikers, to basically auto lose to this, it doesn’t matter if it doesn’t win. You lost simply because you brought a ship with no chance against this.

13 hours ago, millertime059 said:

Irrelevant. If it pushes ships, or even whole factions,completely out of the meta, it’s a problem.

And it does that.

When you show up with named Strikers, to basically auto lose to this, it doesn’t matter if it doesn’t win. You lost simply because you brought a ship with no chance against this.

Not irrelevant; check FFGs history.

They never hit triple Intel Jumps, so historically we must conclude they'll not hit this. My opinion I know... but it's their track record.