Sign in to follow this  
Rune Taq

interdictor INSANITY!!!

Hello community,  I Just bought a third interdictor... I know what your thinking... What took you so long.  I know, I know, how couldnt I not have three already or more. Haha all kidding aside I could pass up the $12.50 opportunity.  

Ok to the point.  In honor of my robbery of amazon I want to see the craziest, silliest, meta breaking... est list you guys can come up with that include 3 interdictor.

GO!!!

Edited by Rune Taq

Standard (Imperial Navy)

[396pts]

Interdictor Suppression Refit [167pts]:

Disposable Capacitors, G-8 Experimental Projector, Heavy Ion Emplacements, Projection Experts, Targeting Scrambler, •Captain Brunson, •Grand Moff Tarkin, •Interdictor 

Interdictor Suppression Refit [114pts]: 

Disposable Capacitors, High-Capacity Ion Turbines, Projection Experts, Targeting Scrambler, •Grav Shift Reroute [

Interdictor Suppression Refit [115pts]:

Disposable Capacitors, G7-X Grav Well Projector, Heavy Ion Emplacements, Projection Experts, Targeting Scrambler ++

Total: [396pts] 

13 hours ago, dominosfleet said:

look up "nose break" that dras has posted, it's a solid list. it's a gimmick, but it's still solid. 

“Nose punch” I think. But, yes, it’s all bent towards one gimmick that can be really good when it works, and certainly surprising.

Three G7s and you’ve basically told your opponent to start at speed 0, wherever they go.

The onus in on you to find a way to capitalize on that, at that point 😁. The good news is, you’ve got 3 Interdictors to nothing but Eng and NotDie 😁

Name: 3 Dictors and an ISD
Faction: Imperial
Commander: Darth Vader

Assault: Opening Salvo
Defense: Planetary Ion Cannon
Navigation: Minefields

Interdictor Combat Refit (93)
• Disposable Capacitors (3)
• G7-X Grav Well Projector (2)
• High-Capacity Ion Turbines (8)
= 106 Points

= 106 Points

Interdictor Suppression Refit (90)
• Projection Experts (6)
• Targeting Scrambler (5)
= 114 Points

Imperial II (120)
• Darth Vader (36)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
• Heavy Ion Emplacements (9)
• XI7 Turbolasers (6)
= 178 Points

Squadrons:
• Soontir Fel (18)
• Tempest Squadron (13)
• 2 x TIE Advanced Squadron (24)
• TIE Fighter Squadron (8)
• TIE Interceptor Squadron (11)
• 2 x TIE Bomber Squadron (18)
= 92 Points

Total Points: 596

So this is what I came up with for a 600 point cap.  Could be more creative with the squads and maybe Thrown would be better but I think it would be fun to run. And I think it would be a pain in the *** to play against.

For me double Interdictor was a novelty but three of them is just a very niche combination.

I wish they created more titles for the Interdictor so that multiple ships could have titles.

Having said that can someone clarify the title of Interdictor for me, can you un-exhaust your upgrade card ?

11 minutes ago, LostFleet said:

For me double Interdictor was a novelty but three of them is just a very niche combination.

I wish they created more titles for the Interdictor so that multiple ships could have titles.

Having said that can someone clarify the title of Interdictor for me, can you un-exhaust your upgrade card ?

You exhaust the Title upgrade card to un-exhaust another upgrade attached to the ship, such as Targeting Scramblers or Captain Brunson.

Edit:  Important to note that this occurs when "a" ship activates, not necessarily the Interdictor.

Edited by Admiral Calkins

18 hours ago, Rune Taq said:

Name: 3 Dictors and an ISD
Faction: Imperial
Commander: Darth Vader

Assault: Opening Salvo
Defense: Planetary Ion Cannon
Navigation: Minefields

= 106 Points

= 106 Points

Interdictor Suppression Refit (90)
• Projection Experts (6)
• Targeting Scrambler (5)
= 114 Points

Imperial II (120)
• Darth Vader (36)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
• Heavy Ion Emplacements (9)
• XI7 Turbolasers (6)
= 178 Points

Squadrons:
• Soontir Fel (18)
• Tempest Squadron (13)
• 2 x TIE Advanced Squadron (24)
• TIE Fighter Squadron (8)
• TIE Interceptor Squadron (11)
• 2 x TIE Bomber Squadron (18)
= 92 Points

Total Points: 596

So this is what I came up with for a 600 point cap.  Could be more creative with the squads and maybe Thrown would be better but I think it would be fun to run. And I think it would be a pain in the *** to play against.

The Suppression Refit is so much better though.  Equivalent damage, and double the experimental retrofit slots so you can bring a second targeting scrambler and grav shift reroute.  Scrambler, Brunson and the title make an amazingly tanky build that can be a great flagship.  Also Gunnery Team on the ISD.

8 hours ago, Admiral Calkins said:

You exhaust the Title upgrade card to un-exhaust another upgrade attached to the ship, such as Targeting Scramblers or Captain Brunson.

Edit:  Important to note that this occurs when "a" ship activates, not necessarily the Interdictor.

Whoa, I fly the Interdictor all the time and I had never notice the “a”, just assuming  “this”. Thanks!

Also, Screed loves HIE Interdictors and he’s cheaper than Vader.

Edited by CommanderDave

4 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

The Suppression Refit is so much better though.  Equivalent damage, and double the experimental retrofit slots so you can bring a second targeting scrambler and grav shift reroute.  Scrambler, Brunson and the title make an amazingly tanky build that can be a great flagship.  Also Gunnery Team on the ISD.

But I like my long range questionable red dice rolling... Fine I guess your right. But with Vader refills I get to go for that double more often.  I know you right but I am stubborn. I'll have to play it both ways and see it for myself.  Then I can stop living in red dice dream land.

4 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

Whoa, I fly the Interdictor all the time and I had never notice the “a”, just assuming  “this”. Thanks!

Oh man you're in for a treat!

One time I caught my opponent by surprise when he activated his ISD and I readied my Targeting Scramblers.

3 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Oh man you're in for a treat!

One time I caught my opponent by surprise when he activated his ISD and I readied my Targeting Scramblers.

Yeah, I have often delayed my Interdictor activation in order to get the double Brunson use, but no such constraint anymore!