Sign in to follow this  
shadowswalker

Playmats at Adepticon

Does anyone know the procedure for getting the system open playmat at Adepticon this year? When I signed up last year, there was an option to purchase a playmat, but I didn't see anything about that this year. I tried contacting OP, but never received a response.  

7 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

This year there's an option to buy a limited edition vulture dropped with shiny paint. 

No seriously I'm not kidding, it's a real thing.

And it's really stupid.

1. There’s still an option to buy a mat, unless they changed how they will be destributing them.

2. What do you have against that droid fighter? I thought it was a decent idea. I can’t weigh in on the specific paint job because I haven’t seen it.

Edited by ScummyRebel

I don't like that they do those event exclusives that aren't prizes. I could go get one, it's a day trip practically, but I won't because my job has me work weekends, so I'd have to call off, and this close to the event there's not much time to plan. But one of the driving reasons for getting into the game, and indeed recommendation of it for so long, was that it DIDN'T follow the WizKids prize out designs. But now there's all these playmats and soon a Vulture that I'll never really have access to buy. I could get it on eBay, sure. But I feel for all our players who live abroad like Europe Asia and Australia, that's a huge unfairness for them. It just grinds my gears.

It would be a whole different matter if anything you could pick up as a promo was available retail months later or by special order, and the only benefit of getting it asa promotional item was that you paid a reduced price or got it for free and early.

2 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

I don't like that they do those event exclusives that aren't prizes. I could go get one, it's a day trip practically, but I won't because my job has me work weekends, so I'd have to call off, and this close to the event there's not much time to plan. But one of the driving reasons for getting into the game, and indeed recommendation of it for so long, was that it DIDN'T follow the WizKids prize out designs. But now there's all these playmats and soon a Vulture that I'll never really have access to buy. I could get it on eBay, sure. But I feel for all our players who live abroad like Europe Asia and Australia, that's a huge unfairness for them. It just grinds my gears.

It would be a whole different matter if anything you could pick up as a promo was available retail months later or by special order, and the only benefit of getting it asa promotional item was that you paid a reduced price or got it for free and early.

It's just a painted, oversized mousepad and a different color Vulture Droid. No unique cards, abilities, upgrades, etc. No one is missing anything by not being able to get these, and you can repaint the ship yourself for $4 worth of paint and a cumulative half hour spread across three days.

Unique aesthetics are a great idea for conventions. 

Playmats for the System Open and the Destiny Galactic Qualifers will be available at AdeptiCon.  Last year we knew the different mat designs well in advance to put together a survey and collect pre-orders.   They just recently announced the Destiny mats for this season.  We might yet put together a survey but most likely this will be handled onsite.