SpiderMana

Standing out from the Swarm Article

8 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

What's next, one in every 72 regular expansions has an alt-art foil card in it?

Paint Job isn't bad, I just don't like it on principle.  To each their own, I guess.

Alt art cards have been the norm for ages. This is just the next step.

I came to X-Wing from Heroclix, which had exclusive figures, not just repaints. As long as FFG stays away from that, I have no problem.

3 minutes ago, Darth 2Face said:

I came to X-Wing from Heroclix, which had exclusive figures, not just repaints. As long as FFG stays away from that, I have no problem.

That's where I'm at. As long as it is just different paint or art or tokens from fancy materials it is fine. Going the Heroclix LE route with things is an entirely different kettle of fish. 

40 minutes ago, Tvboy said:

Anybody know what one has to do at Adepticon to pick these up? I'm gonna be there but I'll be pretty busy playing in tournaments all weekend. Also quantity limitation?  

Not a clue. The article just says to go to FFG’s panel, but I can’t even find info on that.

This is no different from the alt-arts FFG has been doing for years, it's just alt-paintjob, purely aesthetic, no gameplay benefit for those that get it. FFG has been doing this for years at specific events like Worlds only promos.

3 minutes ago, Max Teranous said:

I'm now investigating how to chrome plate plastic......

You and me both buddy.  Best looking options I've seen so far are to glue on chrome foil, or to paint it in a high metal content paint of any colour, it just needs to be conductive, then electroplate it.

1 hour ago, Tvboy said:

Anybody know what one has to do at Adepticon to pick these up? I'm gonna be there but I'll be pretty busy playing in tournaments all weekend. Also quantity limitation?  

FFG employee on the mynock page clarified that you can buy it from the booth, no word on quantity limitation. 

1 hour ago, Darth 2Face said:

Eh.  I think it's a step in the wrong direction, tho.  But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

1 hour ago, mazz0 said:

You and me both buddy.  Best looking options I've seen so far are to glue on chrome foil, or to paint it in a high metal content paint of any colour, it just needs to be conductive, then electroplate it.

Chrome foil for modeling should work. I still have some!

1 hour ago, MegaSilver said:

It's being sold that their booth, not at the panel. 

Either I misread it before or they've edited the wording in the article, since 😜 

1 hour ago, jagsba said:

FFG employee on the mynock page clarified that you can buy it from the booth, no word on quantity limitation. 

The article does reflect this now, if it didn't before. Thanks!

40 minutes ago, Dwing said:

This is just like adding a buy "skin" to a pc game, hey kids, buy another vulture droid, you don't need it, but we know you want to be cool. Shiiiite...

Or, since nobody has their hands on vulture droids yet, they can just buy one less of the standard one they were going to buy and pick this one up instead.

If I was buying CIS, and if I was going to Adepticon, it’s what I’d do. But I’m not going, and for now I’m not buying another faction when I already have 4.

Edited by ScummyRebel

15 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Either I misread it before or they've edited the wording in the article, since 😜 

The article does reflect this now, if it didn't before. Thanks!

it was definitely ambiguously worded before to make it sound like the ship was at the panel and has since been corrected.