SpiderMana

Standing out from the Swarm Article

Vultures get some love ❤️

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/2/15/standing-out-from-the-swarm/

WHOAH.

Limited edition metallic Vulture paint job at Adepticon. :D:D:D

((Sorry I know most people will miss on this but it's my first major X-Wing tournament so this is really really cool for me))

Edited by SpiderMana

1 minute ago, svelok said:

Style on your opponent with a full 8 limited edition Vultures swarm

I'm wondering what kind of quantity max there will be... Like if it's just one I get it, but also they're Vultures. Can I get at least two so they match? 😜

Yes! YES!

A uniquely colored vulture droid for my favorite faction will make me very happy indeed. I'm fortunate Adepticon isn't too far away.

Assuming they don't sell out in the first two hours of the first day... (*cough cough* Gencon 2017 Guns for Hire *cough cough*)

Edited by Derpzilla88

I would think these would sell out pretty fast.  If you want one, I'd get to their booth first thing. 

They should think of doing a limited run like this as prizes for a Systems Open or even something you could purchase as an event add-on like the alternate star maps. This would benefit those actually playing the game more, as opposed to those who might not care about X-wing at all, but will snag these just to re-sell.

5 minutes ago, DailyRich said:

If they keep it so that the ship cards and upgrades are all identical to the retail versions, I have no issue with them doing this as often as they like.  Let people who go to different cons get a nice souvenir ship.

the first paragraph:

If you're coming to AdeptiCon 2019, you'll be one of the few who has the chance to pick up this expansion pack, featuring a beautiful Vulture-class droid fighter miniature sporting a striking metallic paint scheme that's sure to stand out among your swarms of Separatist fighters. In addition to the miniature, those who purchase this Limited Edition expansion will also find five ship cards, five upgrade cards, and two Quick Build Cards, along with the rest of the components they need to add this one-of-a-kind fighter to their Separatist squadrons. (All of these cards and components are identical to the ones included in the standard Vulture-class Droid Fighter Expansion Pack.)

5 minutes ago, jagsba said:

the first paragraph:

If you're coming to AdeptiCon 2019, you'll be one of the few who has the chance to pick up this expansion pack, featuring a beautiful Vulture-class droid fighter miniature sporting a striking metallic paint scheme that's sure to stand out among your swarms of Separatist fighters. In addition to the miniature, those who purchase this Limited Edition expansion will also find five ship cards, five upgrade cards, and two Quick Build Cards, along with the rest of the components they need to add this one-of-a-kind fighter to their Separatist squadrons. (All of these cards and components are identical to the ones included in the standard Vulture-class Droid Fighter Expansion Pack.)

I read it as a general level statement.

Edit for clarity: I meant by that, as long as FFG continues to keep the contents the same, limited edition ships are fine

Edited by LagJanson

12 minutes ago, DailyRich said:

If they keep it so that the ship cards and upgrades are all identical to the retail versions, I have no issue with them doing this as often as they like.  Let people who go to different cons get a nice souvenir ship.

Right?

5 minutes ago, jagsba said:

the first paragraph:

I think he just meant if it continues to be like that, he's okay with it happening more often.

5 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Right?

I think he just meant if it continues to be like that, he's okay with it happening more often.

6 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

I read it as a general level statement.

Edit for clarity: I meant by that, as long as FFG continues to keep the contents the same, limited edition ships are fine

sure, just saw a couple people on FB that definitely didn't read that bit so wanted to make sure that everyone knows its just a paint job

FFG:  How do we make XMG stand out even more...
Wiz Kidz:  Please don't copy me, please don't copy me.
FFG:  Limited edition ships that are just repaints!
Wiz Kidz:  I hate you.

I know it's not exactly 100% copy of what Wiz Kidz did(still do) with Trek Attack Wing OP prizes but pretty darn close.

These are neat. I'm sure the second they do one that is in a faction I care about I'll get that "gotta have em all" itch that I most likely wont get to scratch since I don't go to many cons, but I'd love to see some fun alternate paint schemes on the Delta-7's or something like that. If they ever come near me with something like this I might go check it out. 

15 minutes ago, outerrimrebel said:

FFG:  How do we make XMG stand out even more...
Wiz Kidz:  Please don't copy me, please don't copy me.
FFG:  Limited edition ships that are just repaints!
Wiz Kidz:  I hate you.

I know it's not exactly 100% copy of what Wiz Kidz did(still do) with Trek Attack Wing OP prizes but pretty darn close.

Its not even close.  Its more close to Magic's foil FMN exclusives, or how you can only get a particular alt art at worlds.  This is almost exactly all the playmats from system opens a couple years ago leading up to Coruscant.  Functionally identical alt-arts.  

I like it!  It will be neat to see other colored ships on the board, similarly to how we have a couple different alt arts from 1.0 in the aces packs.  

1 hour ago, svelok said:

Style on your opponent with a full 8 limited edition Vultures swarm

style on your opponent with a full X limited edition vultures swarm plus grievous in a repainted metallic gold b-22

Boo no Republic special ship, FFG is a obvious Separatist supporter.

Hm, does this mean

A: Wave 3 will have an early release at Adepticon and be officially released in April

B: Wave 3 will be out by then and this is just an incentive to buy more vultures

Or is  March 28th the official release date for Wave 3?

Edited by KiraYamatoSF