Wrecker01

Rebel Tie/ln Fighter

Since the release of 2.0, we do not see many rebels Tie on the game mats.
Maybe the ship need a points reduction or more upgrade slots to be interesting and competitive. 

In 1.0, the ship had access to a crew and illicit slots, having those slots back would be interesting, or maybe a gunner slot? 
What do you think?

12 minutes ago, Wrecker01 said:

Maybe the ship need a points reduction or more upgrade slots to be interesting and competitive.

No.

In 1.0

No.

maybe a gunner slot?

No.

What do you think?

In 1.0 you saw Rex everywhere in that TIE because his ability and price made him good and competitive in the runaway dumpster fire that was 1.0 meta. We really don't want to return to that in 2.0, and Rex has been relegated to jank abilities. I'm ok with this. Rebels really shouldn't need to be throwing that stolen TIE in all their forces.

So, you're not seeing it? Could be because for hyperspace legal events, that TIE isn't legal, so people don't use it. You also have a LOT of changes in a short period of time, so people are using what interests them most in other ships. I admittedly put Sabine TIE on the map in the fall, simply because it's cheap and ridiculously fun to use.

You want to see the TIE? Use it.

IMHO, it kind of sucked when Rex was good in 1e, so I'm glad he's gone.

Zeb remains a decent-enough filler.  He's 1 point more than a Tala Z-95 at the same init, and his ability is kinda nice.  If he was the same 25 as a Tala, he'd be more likely to be played, but he's also fine.

Sabine probably compares pretty well to any RZ-1 A-Wing.  It would be super cool if she had a bomb slot, though. 

Ezra... I guess he's fine.  Might be better as more force talents emerge.  But with no-upgrades, he's probably still a decent little filler ship.  TIE with a force charge for 32 points doesn't seem that bad.

So the Rebel TIEs all seem like pretty decent filler.  But little 2-red filler ships are... not that good in general?  I don't think they need any extra perks, just a recognition that it's a niche role for a ship.

59 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

In 1.0 you saw Rex everywhere in that TIE because his ability and price made him good and competitive in the runaway dumpster fire that was 1.0 meta. We really don't want to return to that in 2.0, and Rex has been relegated to jank abilities. I'm ok with this. Rebels really shouldn't need to be throwing that stolen TIE in all their forces.

So, you're not seeing it? Could be because for hyperspace legal events, that TIE isn't legal, so people don't use it. You also have a LOT of changes in a short period of time, so people are using what interests them most in other ships. I admittedly put Sabine TIE on the map in the fall, simply because it's cheap and ridiculously fun to use.

You want to see the TIE? Use it.

Wow, don't you think you'r overreacting? The ship was used in more or less one single meta list back then. I don't see why adding a illicit slot to that ship would brake the game, it was just an idea.

6 minutes ago, Wrecker01 said:

Wow, don't you think you'r overreacting? The ship was used in more or less one single meta list back then. I don't see why adding a illicit slot to that ship would brake the game, it was just an idea.

Don't read my answer as though I were screaming at you, because really, I wasn't. Anyway, Rex appeared elsewhere as well, as people tried various combinations of Rebel "no" to lesser effect.

It was just an idea, and my response was just an answer.

Seriously, if you want to see it played more, you put it on the table. The are some decent and certainly fun pilots there, even if they aren't meta defining. A lot of people just don't want to use a TIE Fighter.

Sabine is quite fun, as she is extremely mobile. Makes a good deviation (wrong target priority if the opponent goes after her), can be used as blocker against pure I4/5/6 ace lists. She is also somewhat of a flanker, albeit hitting like a wet noodle (which makes her a bad end-game piece). And you know it's a l/n Tie, reliant on green dice....

She got more expensive now, so less incentive to field her.

Just now, LagJanson said:

Better paint job? Comics used to have some good ones.

51Tqf7uzelL.jpg

I guess I should just be happy Sabine didn't capture a Lambda, and view its clean, pristine white as a "blank canvas" for her to ugly up.

This is precisely why we fight those Rebel scum!

On 2/15/2019 at 7:58 AM, Wrecker01 said:

Since the release of 2.0, we do not see many rebels Tie on the game mats

ea582baa005aeb56ed46063ebe3e9351c5edd5e7

Sabine has been called the one to take for rebels if you didn't pick Luke. The only reason why you don't see them on the table is they are not in a little format called Hyperspace.

IMHO The Rebels should have gotten the Shuttle Tydirum before they got a TIE Fighter. But that is what FFG went with so that is what we got.

TBH I miss 1e Tie Fighter Ashoka. She was janky and fun.  I wish they’d brought her into 2.0, make her ability charge or force based.( I know we’ll never get scavenger crane+Sabine+VI+ion bomb again, but at least Ashoka and her pilot ability back) 

Ashoka could also work in an Rz-1 as well, actually I would prefer that.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:58 AM, Wrecker01 said:

Since the release of 2.0, we do not see many rebels Tie on the game mats.

In 1.0, the ship had access to a crew and illicit slots, having those slots back would be interesting, or maybe a gunner slot? 
What do you think?

Now we all know what Order 66 really is: "The Rebel stolen TIE was and is an abhorrent cancerous pile of bile covered vomit on our otherwise beautiful game. That is reason enough for it to quickly endure a violent removal from all starfields immediately and pitched in the bin."

Well i like the paint job on that ship and i think all ship should be played competitively, at least a little. I'll try to add Rex or Sabine in my next rebel list just to see how it goes.

Thanks for all your comments and advices.

Edited by Wrecker01

1 hour ago, Wrecker01 said:

Well i like the paint job on that ship and i think all ship should be played competitively, at least a little. I'll try to add Rex or Sabine in my next rebel list just to see how it goes.

Thanks for all your comments and advice.

Rex is a low initiative shot magnet, just a fair warning. Most of your opponents will not want his ability triggering so he's going to die quick. Plan around that and you should get some mileage out of a list including him.

12 hours ago, Marinealver said:

ea582baa005aeb56ed46063ebe3e9351c5edd5e7

Sabine has been called the one to take for rebels if you didn't pick Luke. The only reason why you don't see them on the table is they are not in a little format called Hyperspace.

Not everyone's play groups have the same meta.  There have been many times where people have talked about particular ships showing up every other game, and no one in my local group uses it at all; or vice-versa.

On 2/18/2019 at 11:58 AM, Hiemfire said:

Rex is a low initiative shot magnet, just a fair warning. Most of your opponents will not want his ability triggering so he's going to die quick. Plan around that and you should get some mileage out of a list including him.

Thanks for the advice, i'll try to use it in a list with other juicy targets. It always fun when your opponnent don't know what ship should be his primary target.

On 2/17/2019 at 9:24 AM, JJ48 said:

I guess I should just be happy Sabine didn't capture a Lambda, and view its clean, pristine white as a "blank canvas" for her to ugly up.

This is precisely why we fight those Rebel scum!

622346_md-Bomber,%20Custom,%20Firespray,

I'll just leave this here...