Sign in to follow this  
papy72

ARC-170

I have heard that some tournaments might not accept it as it's the rebel colours but not for casual play.
Of course if did a custom paint job on your rebel and republic Arcs and then got the official dial holders and painted them too for a set you could happily swap them out into either faction provided you have the pilot cards.

11 minutes ago, kempokid said:

I can't see anyone having an issue with you using the newer model as long as you're not mixing factions with the pilots and upgrades.

2 minutes ago, TheJustWiseSage said:

I have heard that some tournaments might not accept it as it's the rebel colours but not for casual play.

The tournament regulations allow using the ship/dial as long as the full ship name is identical - which is the case, for the ARC. So it's fully tournament legal to fly a Rebel ARC with the Republic model/dial, or the reverse.

Honestly I was having a "duh" moment and thought the ARC might have been flip-flopped to Republic only at some point (like they did to the Firespray for Imps).  I don't actually own the Rebel CC and wasn't sure if it was in there.

1 hour ago, papy72 said:

Honestly I was having a "duh" moment and thought the ARC might have been flip-flopped to Republic only at some point (like they did to the Firespray for Imps).  I don't actually own the Rebel CC and wasn't sure if it was in there.

I don't think a Hyperspace Rebel ARC is likely for some considerable time yet. I think the various comments about every ship might not get a re-release as being at least vaguely aimed at Rebel ARCs. For Extended it seems unlikely they'll take it away from Rebels though. 

6 hours ago, TheJustWiseSage said:

Of course if did a custom paint job on your rebel and republic Arcs and then got the official dial holders and painted them too for a set you could happily swap them out into either faction provided you have the pilot cards.

Alternate paint schemes on otherwise identical models are perfectly legal for tournament play. It's when the models are different (like the different satellite dish on the 3 falcons) that things start to get tricky.

On 2/15/2019 at 1:29 PM, Tvboy said:

Alternate paint schemes on otherwise identical models are perfectly legal for tournament play. It's when the models are different (like the different satellite dish on the 3 falcons) that things start to get tricky.

And I still maintain that anyone that had an issue with me using the rectangular dish in Rebel lists is a massive tool, and basicallly someone I would tell to go pound sand and never play again.

And if it was the TO doing it? I’d never go to an event they were running again.

55 minutes ago, Slipjoint said:

I'm still waiting for some generic Rebel pilots for the ARC-170. The named ones are cool, but it always feels incomplete when you see a ship that ONLY has named pilots. 

Doesn't seem likely. There were no generic pilots in 1.0 either, to emphasize that they were rare (in the rebellion era).

48 minutes ago, millertime059 said:

And I still maintain that anyone that had an issue with me using the rectangular dish in Rebel lists is a massive tool, and basicallly someone I would tell to go pound sand and never play again.

And if it was the TO doing it? I’d never go to an event they were running again.

Same. My resistance model is at my desk at work because I magnetized it. So if I get a Resistance convert kit, I'm gonna hope that nobody has an issue with me running a "Rebel" one.  Honestly, the models have 0 effects on the game. You can play the entire game with just the bases. The only exception is maybe the U-Wing and X-wing, but you still have the config cards to designate if wings are open or closed.  In fact, it would be easier to play the game without actual ship models. It just wouldn't look as cool.

I think the consensus is that, while the Falcons are all technically separate models, anyone enforcing the rule on the Falcon is a total *****.

ARC-170, however, are unequivocally 100% legally interchangeable ships.  I'm kind of excited: with two ARCs, I'll be able to fly 3x Republic ones, between the Rebel conversion kit dials,* and the sufficient number of Republic ship base tokens in the expansion.

*Cardboard dials.  There is not currently a requirement to use Republic dial covers.

Edited by theBitterFig

2 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I think the consensus is that, while the Falcons are all technically separate models, anyone enforcing the rule on the Falcon is a total *****.

ARC-170, however, are unequivocally 100% legally interchangeable ships.  I'm kind of excited: with two ARCs, I'll be able to fly 3x Republic ones, between the Rebel conversion kit dials,* and the sufficient number of Republic ship base tokens in the expansion.

*Cardboard dials.  There is not currently a requirement to use Republic dial covers.

But did you, a loyal son of the Republic, paint your Rebel ARC in its original colors back when you picked it up? Not a question of legality, but one of being Dedicated.

15 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Fortunately the local stores I play at don’t tend to have people of that persuasion! When the Lando’s Falcon came out people were running them at tournaments for Rebels (using the correct dials, of course). And it was fine.

Which is why I play at those stores, it’s a good group who, while competitive, does tend to be very chill about things.