Sign in to follow this  
JediPartisan

The SSD?

I know that Armada players have a Yoda level zen calmness about them in their patience, but I am the worst at waiting and have no patience whatsoever. So it seems weird to me that there is no news about the SSD. According to the only article we have, the SSD is supposed to come out, “...early in the first quarter of 2019...”. Now I think “early” has already passed us by, but if they still want it out in the “first quarter” there are only about six weeks left. I haven’t noticed FF being too bad with release dates, ie, they get the product out close to when they said. So what’s the deal? Has there been a delay? Are they waiting to release it with other news (maybe about Clone Wars)? Has anyone heard anything (maybe from a particular Spanish site)?

Sorry for the impatience, but I’m a Legion player, so I’m spoiled rotten with new releases. Waiting just seems so wrong to me.🤪😳

1 minute ago, JediPartisan said:

I know that Armada players have a Yoda level zen calmness about them in their patience, but I am the worst at waiting and have no patience whatsoever. So it seems weird to me that there is no news about the SSD. According to the only article we have, the SSD is supposed to come out, “...early in the first quarter of 2019...”. Now I think “early” has already passed us by, but if they still want it out in the “first quarter” there are only about six weeks left. I haven’t noticed FF being too bad with release dates, ie, they get the product out close to when they said. So what’s the deal? Has there been a delay? Are they waiting to release it with other news (maybe about Clone Wars)? Has anyone heard anything (maybe from a particular Spanish site)?

Sorry for the impatience, but I’m a Legion player, so I’m spoiled rotten with new releases. Waiting just seems so wrong to me.🤪😳

We'd heard some rumblings in late nov early dec that it might have gotten pushed back into very late Q1 or early Q2. There wasn't really any substance to those rumblings so they were taken with salt but right now it seems like that's the most likely timing. FFG has missed targets before, especially with armada(although, as Dras points out, it was largely due to a massive explosion in China) so I wouldn't get my hopes too up. late march is my "goal" currently, I've paid in full on thewarstores site so I'm just waiting for the box to show up on my porch. 

12 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I placed my bet that the Amazon "April 30th" date is probably the closest. Any way you look at it, we're waiting. 

My experience with amazon and release dates particularly with Armada releases is that they go pretty far out not to mention it was recently changed from end of march to end of April so if I had to wager a guess FFG thought it would be out early February, and it was delayed to early/mid March, that is just guess work on my part but if I had to pin a date on it I would say march 21st is when FFG anticipates it to hit stores so Amazon is playing it safe and is putting it out to April just to be safe.

3 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

Sorry for the impatience, but I’m a Legion player, so I’m spoiled rotten with new releases

🤪😳

Yes. Yes you are.

(Is ok I'm joking. :P no I'm not jelly or anything, really I'm not)

(On the other hand, so many releases but no sight of ewoks. I'd dive into Legion if they did)

7 minutes ago, Muelmuel said:

Yes. Yes you are.

(Is ok I'm joking. :P no I'm not jelly or anything, really I'm not)

(On the other hand, so many releases but no sight of ewoks. I'd dive into Legion if they did)

I tell you, if they came out with Ewoks or Gungans, I would max out on those units instead of getting my usual one of each.😁

As far as us Legion players being spoiled, there is actually no end in sight. It’s taken them a year of two units per month and they’re finally at a place where there are enough different units to offer strategic choices. Now they have to do that all over again for Clone Wars.😳

At this point I’m going to go through some horrible withdrawal when the stop the one release per month!😳🥺

Even as primarily a Legion player, I’d rather see at least a little love thrown toward Armada.🤔 If they don’t have enough content for more ships, then start new factions (clone wars). As they release CW content, that would give the new movies and TV shows time to show off or come out with more new content.

A U.K. store said Feb 14th. Which clearly didn’t happen. Their website now says March 14.

I take this to actually mean no one has any real clue. Which I’m putting down to yet another fine example of FFGs excellent communication skills...

28 minutes ago, ISD Avenger said:

A U.K. store said Feb 14th. Which clearly didn’t happen. Their website now says March 14.

I take this to actually mean no one has any real clue. Which I’m putting down to yet another fine example of FFGs excellent communication skills...

Attribute it where you wish, but in this instance - FFG only communicates transit and release data when they physically have the product in their warehouse...  in fact, their previous Canadian distributor admitted FFG were famous in giving 2 days notice of full truckloads of product crossing the border, which they’d have to scramble to make room for.

So basically, FFG doesn’t know, because it’s (most likely) somewhere between China and their warehouse, in many of the stops and holdups and questionable parts they have no control over, AND, because they have no control over, Don’t bither communicating about... They’ve Taken the cheap bulk transit option. They get what they pay for.

If we base it on how often we get news articles, I think we are expecting it next year early Q1. Clearly the original date was a minor typo, and the writer has been fired, as well as the person who fired him because he hired him.

The new news articles will now be written in a entirely new style then the previously aforementioned writers and hires at great expense and last minute.

Edited by Zeoinx

3 hours ago, Zeoinx said:

If we base it on how often we get news articles, I think we are expecting it next year early Q1.

I have basically come to terms with the fact that FFG has bamboozled us with this. At this point I wouldnt be surprised if it doesn't come out. At least I will be pleasantly surprised IF it ever does

16 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

In the spanish site it doesn't even appear!! so for now there is nothing indicating that the SSD will be out soon, we'll have to keep waiting ☹️

24 minutes ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

In the spanish site it doesn't even appear!! so for now there is nothing indicating that the SSD will be out soon, we'll have to keep waiting ☹️

That's because there will be no spanish SSD, nor a french or german SSD. This huge ship speaks only english (british accent I suppose).

4 hours ago, Zeoinx said:

If we base it on how often we get news articles, I think we are expecting it next year early Q1. Clearly the original date was a minor typo, and the writer has been fired, as well as the person who fired him because he hired him.

All this made me think of is Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

"We apologise again for the fault in the Super Star Destroyer release date.  Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked."

The SSD is most likely ready to ship but the Rebel release and a potential campaign box are delaying it. Or Rebel scum have bombed the dockyard, erased the plans, and they have to start over from scratch.

5 hours ago, Admiral Calkins said:

All this made me think of is Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

"We apologise again for the fault in the Super Star Destroyer release date.  Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked."

Oh good, someone did get the joke... I was afraid I was being to subtle.

16 hours ago, Zeoinx said:

The new news articles will now be written in a entirely new style then the previously aforementioned writers and hires at great expense and last minute.

Those responsible for sacking the writers have been sacked.  The news articles will now be written by llamas.