Sign in to follow this  
Sergovan

Can Skilled Bombadier allow you to use a 0 template?

Skilled Bombadier

"If you would drop or launch a device, you may use a template of the same bearing with a speed 1 higher or lower."

If I drop with a straitght 1 template, can I lower it to a 0 template (placing it nub to nub)?

1 minute ago, Sergovan said:

Skilled Bombadier

"If you would drop or launch a device, you may use a template of the same bearing with a speed 1 higher or lower."

If I drop with a straitght 1 template, can I lower it to a 0 template (placing it nub to nub)?

Range 0 template does not exist so no, just as Skilled Bombardier does not allow you to simulate a "range 6" template if used with Trajectory Simulator.

Edited by Hiemfire

What @Hiemfire said.  When using any ability that lets you choose a different template than normal, you can still only choose from templates that DO exist.  That's why ships like Emon Azameen can't use Skilled Bombardier to drop bombs with a "Four-Hard-Turn" template, and Ved Foslo can't shift a maneuver into a "Six-Straight" or "Zero-Straight."

Card_Pilot_150.png   Card_Pilot_95.png

5 minutes ago, Sergovan said:

There is no 6 straight template but there is such a thing as no template. It's a subtle difference but I was looking to see if it had been discussed anywhere.

There is.  But you are instructed to use a template, that contradicts NOT using a template...

29 minutes ago, Sergovan said:

There is no 6 straight template but there is such a thing as no template. It's a subtle difference but I was looking to see if it had been discussed anywhere.

no. there is no template means that there is no template. just like nothing, it does not exist. that's the meaning of the word. no template isn't something, it isn't at all. :lol:

using a template means using a template, it does not mean using no template, or in other words, not using a template.

On 2/16/2019 at 1:18 AM, emeraldbeacon said:

If we're talking about dropping a bomb without a template... ;)

43d9a0555f719a4cbe1ffe905fd38c46.png

But does that mean that Finch can drop a bomb with a 1-speed template touching anywhere on his base with skilled Bombadier? 😛