clanofwolves

Falcon and Poe counter

4 hours ago, clanofwolves said:

So in your experience, what the best squad vs. the new hotness? Well, the Falcon and Poe squad; it’s strong.

....thanks in advance.

Lots of arcs. This list will survive by dodging arcs. Multiple turret ywings, even resistance awings, etc.

2 green dice and 1 green dice, keep putting shots on them and they will fall.

20 hours ago, Estarriol said:

My advice is to fly the squad yourself, you’re more likely to find weaknesses and how your opponent will try and counter them if you get some tabletime.

Don't have any of that stuff, so..... I can't.

15 hours ago, wurms said:

Lots of arcs. This list will survive by dodging arcs. Multiple turret ywings, even resistance awings, etc.

2 green dice and 1 green dice, keep putting shots on them and they will fall.

I have only the FO 2.0 set, so there is that. So, it trying to get the better Initative pilots would be nuts and a fool's errand. So what about the Zeta Squadron Survivors that run 34 points each.  That means you can run 5 at the same I and choose which one to keep options open (and always first) with 30 points left over to fill the list out. Sound OK? What should I add into them?

1 hour ago, Samurai33 said:

Is the new hotness Han/Wedge or Han/Poe? I'm confused.

Neither... two ship lists are too fragile!

And if you’re struggling to take them down, you’re doing something wrong.

53 minutes ago, DexterOnone said:

Neither... two ship lists are too fragile!

And if you’re struggling to take them down, you’re doing something wrong.

2 ships can be amazing if you're a good flyer, and the best players often take out larger multi ship lists with ease. 

I wouldn't say someone is doing something wrong if they can't beat a particular list (or number of ships), maybe suggest what you would do to play against it.

22 hours ago, clanofwolves said:

So in your experience, what the best squad vs. the new hotness? Well, the Falcon and Poe squad; it’s strong.

....thanks in advance.

I don't see this list much now after the points changes, Hyperspace wise I see the triple T70 lists and 4x Ywing list (that's doing very well now). As always I'd suggest flying what you love and know, so if that's 4/5 ships I'd say tackle that Falcon head on, almost ignoring Poe, usually you'll know where the Falcon will be so it's easier to pin down with multiple ships. If you prefer 2/3 ships then you'll have to be a lot more patient with your approach, maybe bait and switch a lot to try and get some 2on1 shoots against Poe. 

Good luck

20 minutes ago, xwingMinty said:

I wouldn't say someone is doing something wrong if they can't beat a particular list (or number of ships), maybe suggest what you would do to play against it.

In these cases it’s pretty straightforward to find the weaknesses;

Poe or Wedge will typically evaporate under concentrated fire - give yourself plenty of shots and focus them down.

Rebel Han wants to stick close to the rocks to enable his ability, so his flight will be relatively easy to predict for blocking, and you stand a good chance of landing him on a rock in the process.

The Resistance Falcon tends to rely on its forward arc for mods, so getting behind it and blocking its ability to s-loop is key.

The Falcon, while it only has one green dice, tends to be a little more resilient than the X-Wing, due to it being more likely to have defensive mods, so you probably want to take out the X-Wing first.

8 hours ago, clanofwolves said:

I have only the FO 2.0 set, so there is that. So, it trying to get the better Initative pilots would be nuts and a fool's errand. So what about the Zeta Squadron Survivors that run 34 points each.  That means you can run 5 at the same I and choose which one to keep options open (and always first) with 30 points left over to fill the list out. Sound OK? What should I add into them?

“Backdraft” (41)
Fanatical (2)
Advanced Optics (4)

Zeta Squadron Survivor (34)
Advanced Optics (4)

Advanced Optics (4)

Advanced Optics (4)

Advanced Optics (4)

Total: 199

I've been running trip ps1 resistance Awings with optics and they are mean. With both arcs and never blanking on attack dice as long as a focus is there, the opponent has to survive on green dice and we all know how that usually ends. Just keep the arcs in back and you have a bunch of mini firesprays. 10 arcs is hard for Poe to dance around.

As has been previously said, a 4 ship list(firepower 3) flown well should be able to focus fire them down.

I am guessing you are an imperial player. 

In hyperspace option you don’t have much in the way of good options, maybe 5x tie advanced with fire control system.

pick a target and dont let go, use your token for defense unless you have a range 1 shot and you know you will survive to shoot.

21 hours ago, clanofwolves said:

Vassal. Fly casual. TTS. Proxy. Borrow. Heck, if you can find your opponent ask if you can switch lists to see how it works!

11 hours ago, Rettere said:

I would focus on Han first unless you can guarantee a kill on Poe. If you don’t finish Poe off right away he will escape and regen. And get those blocks in!

I think if poe took a regen droid thats a mistake. I think poe wants R4 so hes a real ace or a bb astromech.