Wazat

TIE/sf with Veteran Turret Gunner + missile

This one came to me from a wiki question, and... I hesitate to ask, because it's the same sort of wording nightmare that's spawned venomous wars here before.  ;) So everyone please be civil.

The question boils down to "Does the TIE/sf's ship ability cause a missile attack to count as a turret attack? (not just changing the requirement, but the type of the attack itself)"  In other words, "Can you fire your primary and then use Veteran Turret Gunner to fire the missile?".

I don't know how to answer this.  My inclination is to take the reserved answer of "no, there isn't enough there to make that logical jump", just to avoid jumping the gun.

But if this is already a known and resolved issue, I'd love to hear the resolution.  TOs, how are you answering this question?

Why can't it equip VTG?  Because rotate is only a linked action?

edit: Yea, I just confirmed on the official squad builder.  Looks like it's a moot question, thanks!

Edited by Wazat

It's only mostly a moot question.  While it started with the not-legal Veteran Turret Gunner (which be a wicked cool Quickbuild), however it gets ruled would apply to stuff like Outmaneuver or other effects which require front-arc weapons.

Also, whether a Missile attack could trigger a Hotshot Gunner.  

I'd say an SF's missile counts as a mobile arc weapon for all purposes.  So Yes to Hotshot Gunner, it would be yes to Veteran Turret Gunner if it were allowed, but no to Outmaneuver.

18 minutes ago, darthmax1 said:

So would afterburners or general hux work on tie/sf ?  

Afterburners works on everything that can equip it, you don't have to have the boost action on your bar to equip or use it.

I'm not sure what you're askign re. General Hux - he can co-ordinate it to do any action on its bar, along with up to two other ships that he's coordinating to do the same action.