Jump to content

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, toffolone said:

And what is different form before? they simply wrote more clearly what was already been FAQED  months ago.

On the other side with WEapon disrupted I read the player using the vehicle chooses which half of the dice to use.

I.e. for the ATST I could use 2r + 1b (instead of 1r, 1b and 1w as it would look more more logic)

 

so i was a **** and emailed FFG about this for better clarification i hope they get back to us about this soon. also if yall can email them that might speed up a better answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

so i was a **** and emailed FFG about this for better clarification i hope they get back to us about this soon. also if yall can email them that might speed up a better answer.

clarification about what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

so i was a **** and emailed FFG about this for better clarification i hope they get back to us about this soon. also if yall can email them that might speed up a better answer.

What exactly needs to be clarified? You pick the dice you want to use, as long as you have the correct number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, manoftomorrow010 said:

clarification about what?

how do you determine which dice you keep from the attack pool, is base off the color or total dice and do you get to choose which dice to keep as the person said in the example atst normally has 2r , 2 b, 2 w as base attack. how do you choose which dice and how many of each. so in their example can they keep 2 r and 1 b or is it 1 r 1b and 1 w.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, azeronbloodmoone said:

how do you determine which dice you keep from the attack pool, is base off the color or total dice and do you get to choose which dice to keep as the person said in the example atst normally has 2r , 2 b, 2 w as base attack. how do you choose which dice and how many of each. so in their example can they keep 2 r and 1 b or is it 1 r 1b and 1 w.

It says "of any color". So for the ATST, since it normally rolls 6 dice you would cut that in half to 3 dice of any color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

how do you determine which dice you keep from the attack pool, is base off the color or total dice and do you get to choose which dice to keep as the person said in the example atst normally has 2r , 2 b, 2 w as base attack. how do you choose which dice and how many of each. so in their example can they keep 2 r and 1 b or is it 1 r 1b and 1 w.

it says "of any color, rounding up."

AT-ST: 2 red, 2 black, 2 white.

You choose any three of those six total dice, of any color you add to the pool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

how do you determine which dice you keep from the attack pool, is base off the color or total dice and do you get to choose which dice to keep as the person said in the example atst normally has 2r , 2 b, 2 w as base attack. how do you choose which dice and how many of each. so in their example can they keep 2 r and 1 b or is it 1 r 1b and 1 w.

it says "When adding that weapon to an attack pool, only half its dice can be added (of any color, rounding up)."  so i assume say my laser canon on the atrt gets disrupted, I can chose 1 b 1 R 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Zeph01 said:

it says "When adding that weapon to an attack pool, only half its dice can be added (of any color, rounding up)."  so i assume say my laser canon on the atrt gets disrupted, I can chose 1 b 1 R 

 

That's not "of any color".  The process we're given is roll half the dice rounding up of any color.  So half of 3 is 2.  Available dice is 2R 1B.  So 2R is definitely a possibility given the restrictions.  

 

Example, T-47 main gun Disrupted:  Generate half number of dice (6/2 = 3) of any color (available colors are 3R, 3B) so a pool of 3R lines up with all listed limitations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

 

That's not "of any color".  The process we're given is roll half the dice rounding up of any color.  So half of 3 is 2.  Available dice is 2R 1B.  So 2R is definitely a possibility given the restrictions.  

 

Example, T-47 main gun Disrupted:  Generate half number of dice (6/2 = 3) of any color (available colors are 3R, 3B) so a pool of 3R lines up with all listed limitations.

the laser AT-RT is one red, two black. Maybe just a typo at the end, but you can't have 2R as a possibility there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

the laser AT-RT is one red, two black. Maybe just a typo at the end, but you can't have 2R as a possibility there.

 

Yeah, typo, don't use it enough to remember the dice pool off the top of my head, but good catch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Attackmack said:

Was it really necessary to separate ARMOR and ARMOR-X as two different keywords, couldnt they have just added a row to the regula ARMOR entry about the X...

 

Well, this way it makes it clear that the keyword with a modifier has a limited effect with examples, as opposed to any potential misunderstandings by solely adding it as a row. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For disembark is it correct to say that "if vehicle moves ONE, unit transported can disembark and shoot BUT if vehicle moves TWO, unit transported can only disembark?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BRPort said:

For disembark is it correct to say that "if vehicle moves ONE, unit transported can disembark and shoot BUT if vehicle moves TWO, unit transported can only disembark?

Technically no. If the vehicle does 2 standard moves during the current turn,  a unit desembarking can only make that speed 1 move. But for example the Rebel Landspeeder can make its compulsory move, then a standard move action and if it doesn't make another standard move action, a unit can disembark and attack that same turn, even though the landspeeder performed 2 moves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×