Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ThumperLOLZ

Leia, Han and Chewy

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

What do you think of the following list? If anything I think it could do with some more activations but I only have 1x Commandos box, I'd change out the grenades and esteemed leader but not great amounts I could do with the points and I don't care about point bidding.

 

My main thoughts are that Han and Chewy can wreck some units with the right turn build up and their ability to take down a character is strong with both having Hunter and Peirce. With Hans reckless diversion played at the perfect time I can aim to move up the troopers to a position with range 1 of a unit and then the grenades come into their own. AT-RT's going Rotary Blaster to cover both units and armour, I was thinking both flamers to save points but decided it would make armour a lot tougher to deal with.

Points (800)

Leia Organa 90
Esteemed Leader,


Han Solo 120
Improvised Orders, Hunter, Emergency Stims,


Rebel Troopers 40
Z-6 Trooper, Concussion Grenades,


Rebel Troopers 40
Z-6 Trooper, Concussion Grenades,


Rebel Troopers 40
Z-6 Trooper, Impact Grenades,


Fleet Troopers 44
Scatter Gun Trooper, Recon Intel, Impact Grenades,


Chewbacca 110
Hunter,


AT-RT 55
AT-RT Rotary Blaster,


AT-RT 55
AT-RT Rotary Blaster,

Commands:
Sorry About the Mess, Coordinated Bombardment, Reckless Diversion, Turning the Tide, Notorious Scoundrels, Turning the Tide, Covering Fire, Standing Orders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why but you have Turning the Tide listed twice in your Command hand. Personally I would drop it and take No Time for Sorrows along with Reckless Diversion. That extra Speed 1 move can win you the game and unless your troopers are right next to your AT-RTs, AND your AT-RTs are alive, Turning the Tide won't have too large of an effect.

I would also drop at least one of the grenades and swap out Hunter for Duck and Cover on Han. Tenacity on Chewie might be useful as well since you would get 5 red dice in melee instead of 4.  Maybe drop another grenade to give Chewie Emergency Stims to keep him around an extra turn.

I would also think about swapping Esteemed Leader and Improvised Orders between Han & Leia. Leia will generally want to hang back while Han advances to make the most of his Reckless Diversion so having the ability to dump wounds from Han to both Chewie and the trooper units keeps Han alive that much longer as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Tenacity on Chewie, if you're planning to use him and Han offensively? It's only 4 points, and if you're looking to setup a big turn with the two of them, it would make Chewie able to possibly wipe a full corps with 5 red dice on a charge.

Also if you're worried about armor, you could make 1 AT-RT the laser cannon. It still is good vs troopers, 1 red + 2 black is good, and at longer range, so if there's a lack of armor, you can still pop corps from distance. I just started running a triple AT-RT list and played it last night, with 2 Rotary and 1 Laser, and honestly, having the Laser cannon was very helpful, even after I took down my opponent's Airspeeder. That AT-RT could safely lob shots at corps units with still solid dice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leia Organa 90
Improvised Orders,


Han Solo 120
Esteemed Leader, Hunter, Emergency Stims,


Rebel Troopers 40
Z-6 Trooper,


Rebel Troopers 40
Z-6 Trooper,


Rebel Troopers 40
Z-6 Trooper,


Fleet Troopers 44
Scatter Gun Trooper,


Chewbacca 110
Hunter, Tenacity, Emergency Stims,


AT-RT 55
AT-RT Laser Cannon,


AT-RT 55
AT-RT Laser Cannon,

Commands:
Sorry About the Mess, Coordinated Bombardment, No Time for Sorrows, Reckless Diversion, Notorious Scoundrels, Covering Fire, Standing Orders,

 

39 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

I would also drop at least one of the grenades and swap out Hunter for Duck and Cover on Han. Tenacity on Chewie might be useful as well since you would get 5 red dice in melee instead of 4.  Maybe drop another grenade to give Chewie Emergency Stims to keep him around an extra turn.

I am not a big fan of duck and cover, whilst it really helps han I don't like the balance of suppression, especially when he will be the main target most times. I wanted tenacity on Chewie and after reworking some points I could afford it and Stims!

 

41 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

Not sure why but you have Turning the Tide listed twice in your Command hand. Personally I would drop it and take No Time for Sorrows along with Reckless Diversion. That extra Speed 1 move can win you the game and unless your troopers are right next to your AT-RTs, AND your AT-RTs are alive, Turning the Tide won't have too large of an effect.

I thought Turning tide seemed useful but after thinking it through and changing them to laser cannons I decided you're right and they will be out of range of troopers.

42 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

I would also think about swapping Esteemed Leader and Improvised Orders between Han & Leia. Leia will generally want to hang back while Han advances to make the most of his Reckless Diversion so having the ability to dump wounds from Han to both Chewie and the trooper units keeps Han alive that much longer as well.

Good shout!

41 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

Also if you're worried about armor, you could make 1 AT-RT the laser cannon. It still is good vs troopers, 1 red + 2 black is good, and at longer range, so if there's a lack of armor, you can still pop corps from distance. I just started running a triple AT-RT list and played it last night, with 2 Rotary and 1 Laser, and honestly, having the Laser cannon was very helpful, even after I took down my opponent's Airspeeder. That AT-RT could safely lob shots at corps units with still solid dice.

I think you're right, although I've always felt AT-RT's are best in pairs with the same weapon to allow concentrated fire. So I have upgraded both to Laser Cannons, which can easily deal with an AT-ST, and therefore no longer need the grenades.

38 minutes ago, Zeph01 said:

I am gonna run a similar list tomorrow with two flame AtRts, I normally dont use grenades, they are tough to use and are very situational.  

My main thought with grenades is than Han could easily cover troopers whilst they got in range, although after thinking it through I think the changes I've made outweigh the requirement for the blast keyword on the whole dice pool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think Han or Leia need any upgrades when escorted by Chewie...

my list...

 


++  Standard (Rebel Alliance) [800 Points] ++

+ Commander +

•Han Solo [120 Points]

•Leia Organa [90 Points]

+ Operative +

•Chewbacca [122 Points]: Emergency Stims, Tenacity

+ Corps +

Rebel Troopers [80 Points]: 2-1B Medical Droid, Z-6 Trooper

Rebel Troopers [72 Points]: Rebel Trooper, Z-6 Trooper

Rebel Troopers [72 Points]: Rebel Trooper, Z-6 Trooper

Rebel Troopers [72 Points]: Rebel Trooper, Z-6 Trooper

+ Special Forces +

Rebel Commandos - Strike Team [46 Points]: DH-447 Sniper, Recon Intel

Rebel Commandos - Strike Team [46 Points]: DH-447 Sniper, Recon Intel

+ Support +

1.4 FD Laser Cannon Team [80 Points]: Barrage Generator

+ Command Hand +

Command Hand: Sorry About the Mess, •Coordinated Bombardment, ••Brains and Brawn, ••No Time for Sorrows, •••Notorious Scoundrels, •••Somebody Has to Save Our Skins, ••••Standing Orders

+ Battle Cards +

Condition Cards

Deployment Cards

Objective Cards

++ Total: [800 Points] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks decent enough. No bad selection, decent amount of activations.

The one thing that sticks out to me is activation control. You have 5 unit types and quite limited control over which unit you can give orders to (Single Leia or Han, Chewies Cards are fixed). It is often very important to activate the right unit at the right time. Drawing Chewie too late/too early or NOT drawing a corps squad can destroy a good plan.

I personally would consider replacing the 1.4 FD with a unit of Fleet Troopers with Scatter Gun. It can criple an enemy unit / commander very easily. They are fragile of course, but you have Chewie. And if you add a Comms Tech with Releay you could consider picking Covering fire to further improve your staying power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SailorMeni said:

I personally would consider replacing the 1.4 FD with a unit of Fleet Troopers with Scatter Gun. It can criple an enemy unit / commander very easily. They are fragile of course, but you have Chewie. And if you add a Comms Tech with Releay you could consider picking Covering fire to further improve your staying power.

I'm not aware of any interaction between Comms Relay and Covering Fire. What's the strategy there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

I'm not aware of any interaction between Comms Relay and Covering Fire. What's the strategy there?

The backdraw of Covering Fire is that you can only order Corps units. But you can add Comms Relay to a Corps unit to relay the order to another type (Luke). So you benefit from the Covering Fire effekt while still being able to give Luke an order to activate him whenever needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The list I came up with is almost the same. I ran it with a third AT-RT instead of Leia and had fun but I sure missed handing out all those dodges!

Ménage Tios  (799/800)
Rebels

Han Solo (120)
 - Duck and Cover (8)
 - Emergency Stims (8)
= 136 total points

Leia Organa (90)
 - Esteemed Leader (5)
= 95 total points

Fleet Troopers (44)
 - Scatter Gun Trooper (23)
= 67 total points

Fleet Troopers (44)
 - Scatter Gun Trooper (23)
= 67 total points

Rebel Troopers (40)
 - Z-6 Trooper (22)
= 62 total points

Rebel Troopers (40)
 - Z-6 Trooper (22)
= 62 total points

AT-RT (55)
 - HQ Uplink (10)
 - AT-RT Rotary Blaster (30)
= 95 total points

AT-RT (55)
 - HQ Uplink (10)
 - AT-RT Rotary Blaster (30)
= 95 total points

Chewbacca (110)
 - Hunter (6)
 - Tenacity (4)
= 120 total points

Commands: Standing Orders

 

The idea is to have Leia and the Fleets hold the back while Han, Chewie, the AT-RTs and Troopers push for the middle.

Edited by BenBot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...