Jump to content
Tailsgod

Advanced Daredevil Corran is super fun to play

Recommended Posts

Advanced Sensors on E-Wings is already a powerful combo, but if you put Advanced Sensors on Corran and combine that with Daredevil and R4 Astromech the Ewing becomes a monster on the board movement wise. At any moment you can change Corran's entire direction and with an R4 astromech you can even have Corran flip around stress free with the two hard turn (or take the stress for the tighter 1 turn). Seriously, while predator may have been stapled onto Corran's forehead, I think daredevil offers a lot more interesting options for the ship and pilot and the chasis makes it so that you aren't using a second action that often anyway and you should have a decent target lock on your opponent. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, FriendofYoda said:

Interesting, I love AS on him but have generally gone with pred for the more devastating double tap. I'll have to give this a try!


As good as AdvSen is on him, I've found myself relying on Fire Control.  It's a much cheaper option, and Corran is going to be using TL and Proton Torpedoes, so satisfying the TL requirement of FCS is very trivial. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:


As good as AdvSen is on him, I've found myself relying on Fire Control.  It's a much cheaper option, and Corran is going to be using TL and Proton Torpedoes, so satisfying the TL requirement of FCS is very trivial. 

I do love FCS Corran but Advanced Sensors is so good on E-wings just because of all the options they do have that I find the mobility that Advanced Sensors and Daredevil gives Corran is insane, pack that with R4. If I was going FCS on Corran I usually also pair it with R3 Astro to give Corran options offensively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:


As good as AdvSen is on him, I've found myself relying on Fire Control.  It's a much cheaper option, and Corran is going to be using TL and Proton Torpedoes, so satisfying the TL requirement of FCS is very trivial. 

Interesting, I don't even bother with Prots on him (even before the price hike on them). Trick Shot, Adv. Sens, R4 is what I've been enjoying. Trick doesn't always trigger, but is nice when it does and I love being able to Barrel Roll out and back into a white 1 hard for a near in place 90 deg rotate. I've caught a few Arc dodgers with their pants down with that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Interesting, I don't even bother with Prots on him (even before the price hike on them). Trick Shot, Adv. Sens, R4 is what I've been enjoying. Trick doesn't always trigger, but is nice when it does and I love being able to Barrel Roll out and back into a white 1 hard for a near in place 90 deg rotate. I've caught a few Arc dodgers with their pants down with that one.


Yea, I think he's built for Proton Torpedoes, honestly.  With his experimental sensors, he can easily set up a TL+F proton torpedo shot, even against I6 or higher-bidding I5 targets.  It's hard to compete with 4-Die TL+F shot that adds a crit and doesn't allow R3 bonuses for the defender.  With FCS+Focus, it's pretty likely you can save the lock and still end up with 3-4 hits.  If your roll allows you to save the lock, then you've got TL (FCS reroll) for double-tapping via pilot ability OR allows you to K-Turn/S-Loop next round and still have the potential to snap off your second Proton Torpedo if your target is particularly tanky.

While Proton Torpedoes are expensive, FCS is cheap and AdvSensors are expensive.  So Proton Torpedoes + FCS actually ends up being a leaner Corran than AdvSen + Trick Shot + R4 Corran. 

I certainly would not claim that AdvSensor Corran is an incorrect way to build him, as you and @Tailsgod have rightly noted just how potent and flexible he can be.  I think, at the end of the day, both variants of Corran have merit in the right list, and they are basically entirely different ships.  That said, @Tailsgod's Daredevil + AdvSensor Corran just sounds like a real joy to fly, and I want to get it onto the table.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daredevil is indeed an underrated card. However, and this is the big turnoff for most people, it leaves you modless for the round unless you have a pre-existing lock or some tricks up your sleeves. It is worth consideration on Corran as a result of experimental scanners, but if the opponent has a mobile enough I6, Corran becomes very sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:


Yea, I think he's built for Proton Torpedoes, honestly.  With his experimental sensors, he can easily set up a TL+F proton torpedo shot, even against I6 or higher-bidding I5 targets.  It's hard to compete with 4-Die TL+F shot that adds a crit and doesn't allow R3 bonuses for the defender.  With FCS+Focus, it's pretty likely you can save the lock and still end up with 3-4 hits.  If your roll allows you to save the lock, then you've got TL (FCS reroll) for double-tapping via pilot ability OR allows you to K-Turn/S-Loop next round and still have the potential to snap off your second Proton Torpedo if your target is particularly tanky.

While Proton Torpedoes are expensive, FCS is cheap and AdvSensors are expensive.  So Proton Torpedoes + FCS actually ends up being a leaner Corran than AdvSen + Trick Shot + R4 Corran. 

I certainly would not claim that AdvSensor Corran is an incorrect way to build him, as you and @Tailsgod have rightly noted just how potent and flexible he can be.  I think, at the end of the day, both variants of Corran have merit in the right list, and they are basically entirely different ships.  That said, @Tailsgod's Daredevil + AdvSensor Corran just sounds like a real joy to fly, and I want to get it onto the table.

 

Same exact price actually, so it really just boils down to play style. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, player3010587 said:

... but if the opponent has a mobile enough I6, Corran becomes very sad.


Are there non-hyper-mobile I6s in the game?  Fenn, Fel, Vader, Poe, Han, and Boba all tend to be very maneuverable and sport one (or more) means of quality reposition.

I guess it's really just Wedge as the I6 pilot who is kinda all *sad trombone* when it comes to mobility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:


Are there non-hyper-mobile I6s in the game?  Fenn, Fel, Vader, Poe, Han, and Boba all tend to be very maneuverable and sport one (or more) means of quality reposition.

I guess it's really just Wedge as the I6 pilot who is kinda all *sad trombone* when it comes to mobility.

Boba is I5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:


Are there non-hyper-mobile I6s in the game?  Fenn, Fel, Vader, Poe, Han, and Boba all tend to be very maneuverable and sport one (or more) means of quality reposition.

I guess it's really just Wedge as the I6 pilot who is kinda all *sad trombone* when it comes to mobility.

That's why my go to is Wedge with Proton, This ADCoran with Ion, and Arvel with Outmaneuver and Intimidate. Wedge doesn't need mobility when his two wingmen are preventing everyone else from having it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You all are crazy. Wedge is more mobile than Vader! Native boost and roll. Yes, only with the S-foils closed, but he can still activate them at I6. 

Id argue that Vader is the least mobile of the I6’s, aside from Sheathipede Fenn.

And what about Han and Dengar? Yes large base reposition, but they’re red, and only one option.

Edited by millertime059

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda think Vader is more mobile than Quickdraw or Midnight, if only because of his increased action economy.

Dengar... He's got the Barrel Roll, but his dial is trash, and he's essentially a front-arc ship.  Han feels more easily able to weave in Boosts given how much easier it is for him to side-arc, Engine Upgrade competes with fewer upgrades for the slot, and his blue moves are significantly less awkward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:


Are there non-hyper-mobile I6s in the game?  Fenn, Fel, Vader, Poe, Han, and Boba all tend to be very maneuverable and sport one (or more) means of quality reposition.

I guess it's really just Wedge as the I6 pilot who is kinda all *sad trombone* when it comes to mobility.

Rebel Fenn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:


Are there non-hyper-mobile I6s in the game?  Fenn, Fel, Vader, Poe, Han, and Boba all tend to be very maneuverable and sport one (or more) means of quality reposition.

I guess it's really just Wedge as the I6 pilot who is kinda all *sad trombone* when it comes to mobility.

You forgot poor, poor Dengar. Sheathipede Fenn also wants a word with you.

Rebels really got shortchanged on I6 Aces 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean there’s not to many super mobile I6s (I’d even Argue that Wedge is one of the more mobile ones) and Corran is easily one of the most mobile I5s, that with daredevil and advanced makes him the most mobile 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Rebels really got shortchanged on I6 Aces 😕

Naaaaaaah Scum is in a worse place. Fenn is really good, but it’s pretty much just him and Han if they want to fly initiative.

Rebel Fenn isn’t an ace, maybe, but you can’t say the Sheathipede is terrible in and of itself.

I’d rather fly Rebel triple-i6 than Scum, I guess is what I’m saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:


Are there non-hyper-mobile I6s in the game?  Fenn, Fel, Vader, Poe, Han, and Boba all tend to be very maneuverable and sport one (or more) means of quality reposition.

I guess it's really just Wedge as the I6 pilot who is kinda all *sad trombone* when it comes to mobility.

Dengar *sadclown*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Naaaaaaah Scum is in a worse place. Fenn is really good, but it’s pretty much just him and Han if they want to fly initiative.

Rebel Fenn isn’t an ace, maybe, but you can’t say the Sheathipede is terrible in and of itself.

I’d rather fly Rebel triple-i6 than Scum, I guess is what I’m saying.

Scum Han is arguably better for points than Rebel Han, Fenn is better than Wedge, and both Dengar and Rebel Fenn aren’t seeing play.

And I’ll reiterate, Wedge is more mobile than Vader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After that points decrease?? He might not have been top tier, but Rebel Han hardly needed a discount, and he got a big one.

 

I think we can put aside our differences to feel bad for the CiS if we’re comparing i6 pilots, though. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played one game of Daredevil Corran way back when 2.0 first came out (before his points drop).  It was Corran with DD,FCS,R4 and Garven/Porkins with Predator vs Vader with 4 ties.  
Corran ate them for lunch.   Even having a stress was no big deal because you had SO many blues.  If I killed the ship I had locked I just fly out fast and boost+lock someone else, then dive in the next turn for another run.  Such a fantastic knife fighter with Daredevil, now with the points drop I am looking at him again and thinking about pairing him with Cassian or AP-5 to give him a slight buff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, AngryAlbatross said:

I played one game of Daredevil Corran way back when 2.0 first came out (before his points drop).  It was Corran with DD,FCS,R4 and Garven/Porkins with Predator vs Vader with 4 ties.  
Corran ate them for lunch.   Even having a stress was no big deal because you had SO many blues.  If I killed the ship I had locked I just fly out fast and boost+lock someone else, then dive in the next turn for another run.  Such a fantastic knife fighter with Daredevil, now with the points drop I am looking at him again and thinking about pairing him with Cassian or AP-5 to give him a slight buff.

A worthy adversary for my Kylo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 7:33 AM, Tailsgod said:

Advanced Sensors on E-Wings is already a powerful combo, but if you put Advanced Sensors on Corran and combine that with Daredevil and R4 Astromech the Ewing becomes a monster on the board movement wise. At any moment you can change Corran's entire direction and with an R4 astromech you can even have Corran flip around stress free with the two hard turn (or take the stress for the tighter 1 turn). Seriously, while predator may have been stapled onto Corran's forehead, I think daredevil offers a lot more interesting options for the ship and pilot and the chasis makes it so that you aren't using a second action that often anyway and you should have a decent target lock on your opponent. 
 

Dalan Oberos (Starviper) with Adv Sensors and Daredevil is also capable of some crazy movement shenanigans.  It’s pretty funny to see someone’s reaction when he pulls a red turn boost, followed by a blue maneuver, and then ends his turn with a 90-degree adjustment.

Edited by It’s One Of Ours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...