Sign in to follow this  
Barrierboy

Republic/Separatist clarification

Hey there,

I’m sorry if this has been answered in a post before and I just missed it. I haven’t played in a year or so but I’m gonna be getting back in with the pre-quel ships. However I just need a quick clarification:

Back in the older version, before the newest update, the ships all fell into 3 categories;

Rebels: Rebellion and Resistants

Empire: Imperial and First order

Mercenary: Just them

However looking over the newer stuff seems that your no longer able to build squads anymore with different faction i.e no more rebel/resistance combos. Is that true?

Also if not, will the new Republic/Separatist be their own factions or fall into the Rebellion/Resistance/Republic and Imperial/First Order/Separatist  for squad building?  

1 minute ago, Barrierboy said:

Hey there,

I’m sorry if this has been answered in a post before and I just missed it. I haven’t played in a year or so but I’m gonna be getting back in with the pre-quel ships. However I just need a quick clarification:

Back in the older version, before the newest update, the ships all fell into 3 categories;

Rebels: Rebellion and Resistants

Empire: Imperial and First order

Mercenary: Just them

However looking over the newer stuff seems that your no longer able to build squads anymore with different faction i.e no more rebel/resistance combos. Is that true?

Also if not, will the new Republic/Separatist be their own factions or fall into the Rebellion/Resistance/Republic and Imperial/First Order/Separatist  for squad building?  

We’re about to have 7 seperate factions.

8 minutes ago, Innese said:

Correct, there will be 7 entirely seperate factions. 

Also really quick for money purpose:

Upgrade cards: Are those now Specific to the factions/all neutral upgrades I can get in my factions ships  or will I have to buy like other factions ship to get all the upgrades to use?

Edited by Barrierboy

Just now, Barrierboy said:

Also really quick for money purpose:

Upgrade cards: Are those now Specific to the factions/all neutral upgrades I can get in my factions ships  or will I have to buy like other factions ship to get all the upgrades to use?

FFG has said that all generic/multi-faction upgrades will eventually be accessible through an expansion for that faction, though it may be a few waves later. 

Just now, Innese said:

FFG has said that all generic/multi-faction upgrades will eventually be accessible through an expansion for that faction, though it may be a few waves later. 

Perfect. So unless the upgrade card specifically calls for a faction to use it, it will “eventually” come to all factions. That’s a god sent, thank you.