drainsmith

Facebook group

I, along with the Discord server and subreddit admins and mods, run two Genesys Facebook groups. If you are interested, I recommend joining us there as well. It certainly isn't a replacement for this or other forums, but many people like to discuss Genesys on a variety of platforms as the discussions are slightly different on each. Also, Facebook tends to not be blocked by work networks while the FFG forums are. ;) 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GenesysRPG/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/AndroidShadowOfTheBeanstalk/

Is the engagement on facebook so much that it warrants further community diaspora?  I mean yeah "facebook bad" and all that but what's preventing interested parties from engaging here, in Discord, or in the subreddits? 

We have a lot of engagement in the Facebook groups. Nothing is preventing people from coming here or going there. Some people prefer one over the other for their own reasons. Some like to engage on multiple platforms. There are those that are unaware that the other platforms exist. It is just an option available.

24 minutes ago, drainsmith said:

We have a lot of engagement in the Facebook groups. Nothing is preventing people from coming here or going there. Some people prefer one over the other for their own reasons. Some like to engage on multiple platforms. There are those that are unaware that the other platforms exist. It is just an option available.

One hopes that one leads to another and vice versa. 

Facebook's an easy first choice for me since I'm there to post and read my feeds from friends and family in addition to what is usually pretty active group posts.  I come here second.  Reddit and Discord are a chaotic mess for me to just browse unless I'm going there on a directed search, but I guess that's just how my mind works.

Frankly, Google+ was my favorite social media venue, but it rolled a 149 on its last crit and is about to go dark.

The Terrinoth and Android groups seem pretty active as well.

7 hours ago, Dragonshadow said:

Frankly, Google+ was my favorite social media venue, but it rolled a 149 on its last crit and is about to go dark.

Yeah, super bummed about that as well.