Sign in to follow this  
Thaeggan

TIFU by waiting for Shadow and Flame to be in stock

Please tell me Dwarrowdelf has more stock on some ship that has yet to arrive. I've waited for over a year and checked the stock page daily sometimes multiple times a day out of habit. I saw the stock come in and waited for a few hours to see if Shadow and Flame would come in stock so I wouldn't have to pay ~$16 in shipping by getting them all in one go. Now Dwarrowdelf is out of stock again. UGH

I also missed out on The Lost Realm, I got the cycle, but no Deluxe box. Woooooo....

I need Dwarrowdelf and The Lost Realm too!  

In fact, Dwarrowdelf is the only cycle I don't have any packs from, and The Lost Realm is the only Deluxe box I need yet.

Was Dwarrowdelf back in stock? I checked yesterday afternoon and it was still unavailable, as it is this morning. Upcoming page still lists it "on the boat." Did I miss something?

Yeah I got order of 4 packs from dwarrowdelf 8 hours ago (the other 2 - first and last one already were gone). Also got some saga expansions (and here too - second saga expansion were gone too fast - I literally went to bathroom - and it was gone when I finished my business with the toilet). I wish FFG implement notify me button so I dont need to monitor their cite 24h/7day a week

There MUST be more coming...can't believe the print run was so small it would sell through in a matter of hours. Also, it's still listed on the Upcoming page (if you choose to believe that, uh, document.) If it's come and gone already, there are going to be a whole LOT of angry people posting here. I'm keeping the faith, and checking this site constantly.

Just now, Tyrion Gru said:

There MUST be more coming...can't believe the print run was so small it would sell through in a matter of hours. Also, it's still listed on the Upcoming page (if you choose to believe that, uh, document.) If it's come and gone already, there are going to be a whole LOT of angry people posting here. I'm keeping the faith, and checking this site constantly.

Well, I asked FFG about it yesterday evening and they pretty much said to check elsewhere. 

The Tweet

9 minutes ago, Thaeggan said:

Well, I asked FFG about it yesterday evening and they pretty much said to check elsewhere. 

The Tweet

If this is true, it is total BS.  How can you miscalculate so poorly in your printing that the rerun is sold out in an hour or so?

Just now, stimpaksam said:

The big three stateside for me was Miniature Market, CoolStuffInc, and Atomic Empire. Create accounts for them and setup In Stock Alerts. FFG is not the only seller...

I was not aware of Atomic Empire. I will get those alerts set up there too!

In stock as of right now according to website:

Heirs of Numenor and Sands of Harad Deluxe

Land of Shadow and Flame of the West saga

Shadow and Flame from Dwarrowdelf

All six APs from Ringmaker

Across the Ettenmoors, Treachery of Rhuadar, and Carn Dum from Angmar Awakens

Storm on Cobas Haven and City of Corsairs from Dreamchaser

All six APs from Harad

All four (released) Aps from Ered Mithrin

I've checked MM and Amazon, and they are listed as out of stock, so make of that what you want.

Look, FFG simply could not have bungled this so completely. With all the posts on this and other sites (BBG) complaining of lack of product, and Cardboard of the Rings even mentioning it on their Podcast, these guys know customers are anxious. Just say it with  me: "They're still on the boat, they're still on the boat..."

Got it! Man, what a way to run a railroad, but it all worked out in the end.

Congratulations to FFG...you must be rolling in both cash and good feedback right about now.

I'm not someone who has to have every pack but it would be nice to have Mountain of Fire to complete the saga and Shadow and Flame to finally be able to play Elrond. Please say "on the boat" means that at some point by spring amazon sellers will have them.

22 hours ago, Artem_Bochkarev said:

Yeah I got order of 4 packs from dwarrowdelf 8 hours ago (the other 2 - first and last one already were gone). Also got some saga expansions (and here too - second saga expansion were gone too fast

What?  You mean I missed out on The Hobbit:  On the Doorstep too?

I managed to pick up a few of the things I was wanting, but I missed several others.

What's frustrating to me is I must have checked the site about 10 times yesterday, and I STILL missed out on getting all the Dwarrowdelf Cycle packs - TWICE!

7 hours ago, alcuin18 said:

I'm not someone who has to have every pack but it would be nice to have Mountain of Fire to complete the saga and Shadow and Flame to finally be able to play Elrond. Please say "on the boat" means that at some point by spring amazon sellers will have them.

Im pretty sure other stores will get them too, but it usually takes about a week for them to show up.

Be sure to make some wishlists on other sites to make it easier to check and set up alerts if they have them.

1 hour ago, Thaeggan said:

Im pretty sure other stores will get them too, but it usually takes about a week for them to show up.

Be sure to make some wishlists on other sites to make it easier to check and set up alerts if they have them.

Problem is, by the time I check my email they'll probably be out of stock too.  Looks like the merchants have already run out of most of the recently reprinted Angmar Awakened packs.  Fortunately I was able to pick those up.

It's frustrating because I was looking at the Arkham Horror cards in the FFG store, and they have every item in stock.  

2 minutes ago, Vince79 said:

Problem is, by the time I check my email they'll probably be out of stock too.  Looks like the merchants have already run out of most of the recently reprinted Angmar Awakened packs.  Fortunately I was able to pick those up.

It's frustrating because I was looking at the Arkham Horror cards in the FFG store, and they have every item in stock.  

I am trying to get the Angmar Awakened cycle. The first adventure pack is sold out every where yet MM has +20 of the other 5. How does that happen lol?

yaaaa, it really feels like FFG doesn't fully understand the game's demand, but I also understand they don't want to over produce and be stuck with stock in warehouse space they can use for something else.

I do think they underestimate overall though because stock is gone in less than a month.

3 minutes ago, Thaeggan said:

yaaaa, it really feels like FFG doesn't fully understand the game's demand, but I also understand they don't want to over produce and be stuck with stock in warehouse space they can use for something else.

I do think they underestimate overall though because stock is gone in less than a month.

I don't think they understand the demand of any of their products which is unfortunate since they make great games. I also play Armada, Keyforge, X-Wing, & Arkham. Luckily I am up to date w/ Arkham but we have been waiting almost a year for critical Armada expansions. Keyforge hooked a good number of local Magic players who refused to touch anything yet their interest is about to wane w/ lack of product. Destiny was DOA b/c the boosters were so far behind. 

2 hours ago, codytx2 said:

I am trying to get the Angmar Awakened cycle. The first adventure pack is sold out every where yet MM has +20 of the other 5. How does that happen lol?

I've noticed some packs disappear immediately and others linger.  Maybe there are some in demand cards in there.

By the way, as of this writing Dwarrowdelf is back in stock, and I was able to get On the Doorstep too!  Hurray!  I've never been so happy about giving someone my money!  What a harrowing couple of days this has been lol.

Right now I'm only missing two packs - one from the Mirkwood Cycle and one from the Dream-Chaser Cycle.  

13 hours ago, Thaeggan said:

I followed your advice and setup some alerts so here's to hoping for Shadow and Flame and Mountain of Fire to be available in time for income tax refund! 😋