LTD

Warlords of the F'Tarq Sector - IC - players only please

11 minutes ago, LTD said:

Reasonable?! Not one of you have acknowledged the rightful place of the Stewards as your Overlords! This is far from reasonable!

The Mandalorians accept your supremacy over the K'narr sector, out of curiosity for your next move as much as anything else.

9 minutes ago, LTD said:

It is not a matter of greatness, it is a matter of history. The Stewards of F'Tarq sit on the Avaline throne, carved from purest Nard! These are our worlds by right!

So will you allow my Envoy to come and visit?

I have heard no such thing before and would like to gather more information.

26 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

The Mandalorians accept your supremacy over the K'narr sector, out of curiosity for your next move as much as anything else.

Then the Mandalorians are in the wrong sector! This is F'Tarq! (sometimes called T'Farq by mistake!) We know nothing of this "K'Narr" sector!

33 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

So will you allow my Envoy to come and visit?

I have heard no such thing before and would like to gather more information.

Your envoy is welcome to acknowledge our rightful rule and come to bow before the throne of pure Nard. 

Should you not bow low enough, our planetary defence systems stand ready...

7 hours ago, idjmv said:

Dangit, its lord preyer right?

A loud affirmative @idjmv! This is our core territory and we have need of these worlds!

(Also, sorry I couldn’t be online yesterday guys had a very intense work day so couldn’t even log on to the forum let alone get to my spreadsheet. I also realise now trying to keep my location secret was an error. Sorry!)

2 hours ago, clontroper5 said:

So anyone willing to let me visit them?

I will pay 5 credits for every planet I am allowed to survey!

Forgive our ignorance in the matters of hosting foreign diplomats. By what manner would you desire to visit?

Shall you send your beer carriers to our system and land your goons on our planet? 

Or shall you simply coast by and observe? 

As always, we are glad to draft more players on our quest toward recovering the Chalice of Lord Stan Lee

2 hours ago, clontroper5 said:

I will gladly tell you all the information you need for 6 a planet and save you lots of fuel costs

6 hours ago, clontroper5 said:

@Bertie Wooster our close proximity to each other is going to require resolution in either a Treaty and eventual Alliance or war and conquest.

Seeing as you once followed the Empire I would perfer the Diplomatic Approch but we will not hesitate to Destroy you, should you choose that path.

3 hours ago, clontroper5 said:

Since we both once followed the Empire and even fly common ships and squadrons, we think a "Treaty and eventual Alliance" sounds like a wise path. 

We would allow you to survey Retreete and Ennui for five credits each, provided that you give your troops "do not shoot" orders for this turn, and we do the same for you. 

6 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

@Bertie Wooster - it seems to be time to revisit our agreement. Are you open to an alliance?

The FUNK are trying to think of a way we could benefit each other besides a simple agreement not to invade each other without making a declaration of war. We don't have much we can trade. We do have credits though, which may come in handy. 

Edit: Yes, we're open to an alliance. What are your thoughts about the terms?

Edited by Bertie Wooster

26 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

The FUNK are trying to think of a way we could benefit each other besides a simple agreement not to invade each other without making a declaration of war. We don't have much we can trade. We do have credits though, which may come in handy. 

Edit: Yes, we're open to an alliance. What are your thoughts about the terms?

For the moment, mutual aid (if one is attacked, the other joins the war), discounted prices should we start selling stuff, and free passage through the systems.

56 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

For the moment, mutual aid (if one is attacked, the other joins the war), discounted prices should we start selling stuff, and free passage through the systems.

Hmm, mutual aid might be difficult if the Imperial 5th Sector Authority declares war against you. According to your terms I would have to join the war against the 5th Sector, thus violating my own treaty.

I know that you are both in a treaty now, but peace may not last forever. I'll have to consult with the 5th Sector first. @clontroper5

9 hours ago, clontroper5 said:

My Officers have been working on an Extensive cartography project and now require the assistants of other to complete it, we would like to propose a simple information agreement with any who would accept. 

Our proposal is to allow our scouts access to your systems in order for us to finish our mapping project (you may freely choose which planets you would allow us to visit within your territory) in exchange we will pay 5 credits for each planet that we are allowed to scout. (Rates are not fixed and we are open to haggling)

The Preyhold Autarchy welcomes this and grants its assent. 

2 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Hmm, mutual aid might be difficult if the Imperial 5th Sector Authority declares war against you. According to your terms I would have to join the war against the 5th Sector, thus violating my own treaty.

I know that you are both in a treaty now, but peace may not last forever. I'll have to consult with the 5th Sector first. @clontroper5

We could make an allowance for the 5th Sector, upon the agreement that you also refuse to do battle with us at their side (so, remain neutral as far as conflict between us goes). Subject to the terms of the original treaty of no war without declaration and the punishments therefor.

22 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

To clarify: not credits free, hindrance free. So, all of our ships would have standing orders to not fire upon the other (i.e. an extension of the current treaty's terms).

Would these no-shoot orders be for every turn? That would make the most sense to me. 

1 hour ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

So, all of our ships would have standing orders to not fire upon the other (

I thought that the numerically weaker fleet had to retreat?

Calling @LTD for rules clarification