LTD

Warlords of the F'Tarq Sector - IC - players only please

7 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

Which means?

He's buying for 68 if you're selling for that much.  (Or 4GF + 16)

However, for simplicity's sake, you should probably send the Raider to Hurrikane or Gestalt where I can pick it up.  Right, @GhostofNobodyInParticular?  (we'll transfer your credits immediately upon completion of the initial deal if that's the case.)

Edited by The Jabbawookie

Just now, clontroper5 said:

Why would I sell for 68 if I could sell for 74?

Because we're no longer offering 74, as it's no longer the best price.  Negotiations on price are fine if you want to cut out the middleman, but as things stand we're happy to do business with either of you.

18 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Because we're no longer offering 74, as it's no longer the best price.  Negotiations on price are fine if you want to cut out the middleman, but as things stand we're happy to do business with either of you.

What happened to the 74?

Wait... This makes 0 sense?

Why would you take the time to buy it then sell it again for a whopping profit of 2 credits (which would be eaten up but the cost of fuel to transfer the ship)

Something fishy is happening here...

13 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

Why would you take the time to buy it then sell it again for a whopping profit of 2 credits (which would be eaten up but the cost of fuel to transfer the ship)

I could buy it from you for 68 and pay GNiPs his 2 creds for the same result.  Sound good?

2 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

Now I want to know why Gnips is willing to do that...

It's possible he knows I'll outbid him and wants to make a little easy money.  Alternatively, he hopes to take the Raider and not give it back.  In either event, (though I do, in fact, trust him) I would prefer if you are delivering to me you drive it my way directly, middleman or not.

9 hours ago, clontroper5 said:

So 68 credits next turn + 16 on turn 6?

Or is it just the GF next turn plus 16 credits turn 6?

It would be 68 credits next turn, minus the 5 credit bonus for your cartography project, or (4 GF and 16 credits) on turn 6, also minus the 5.

So: my offer was 68, but I also am letting you come to D for your map, which you offered 5 credits for. Instead of you paying me 5 credits, I am deducting that from the price of the raider, meaning I pay you 63 credits and you save 5.

Since you offered a discount of 13 credits per GF, I offered 4 GF, at discount o6 (4*13) which leaves 16. Again, since you are visiting D, there's a discount, so ultimately I am transferring 11 credits and 4 GF.

7 hours ago, clontroper5 said:

See above. I would profit 5 credits from the cash deal and 16 from the GF deal, including fuel costs in the calculation.

7 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

It's possible he knows I'll outbid him and wants to make a little easy money.  Alternatively, he hopes to take the Raider and not give it back.  In either event, (though I do, in fact, trust him) I would prefer if you are delivering to me you drive it my way directly, middleman or not.

It's the easy money. I am fine with it going straight to you, but it must pass through D as it does so.

Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular

2 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

If anyone is interested in producing / selling GR-75 Medium Transports or Gozanti-class Cruisers, the FUNK is interesting in buying. We'll pay 1.5 times the price of production and will pay for fuel.

How soon do you need them and where would you like to pick them up?

45 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

How soon do you need them and where would you like to pick them up?

Beginning of turn 6 would be ideal, but we're not in a huge rush if that's not possible. We have control over planets Retreete, Ennui and Layzee, and could come to Brotein if that's easier for you.

7 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Beginning of turn 6 would be ideal, but we're not in a huge rush if that's not possible. We have control over planets Retreete, Ennui and Layzee, and could come to Brotein if that's easier for you.

Ok, let's see where we stand after this turn. I have some fairly ambitious plans and my capacity to deliver on exports depends on the fortitude of my goons.

I'll be in touch.

@Matt3412, brother, in a drunken haze, we misunderstood a fundamental rule of constructing new beer carriers. As a consequence, we will not have sufficient transport capacity to bring our goons to assault A (soon to be known as "Alberta"). While our goons do lust for glory, they do not relish being shorthanded against an unknown foe. Do you wish to join forces in a combined assault on A, or shall we simply postpone our plans one turn? 

My apologies, totally my fault is misunderstanding the rules of the game. 

13 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

@Matt3412, brother, in a drunken haze, we misunderstood a fundamental rule of constructing new beer carriers. As a consequence, we will not have sufficient transport capacity to bring our goons to assault A (soon to be known as "Alberta"). While our goons do lust for glory, they do not relish being shorthanded against an unknown foe. Do you wish to join forces in a combined assault on A, or shall we simply postpone our plans one turn? 

Glad I’m not the only one struggling a bit!

21 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

All good we will hold B for awhile, until we can complete the transition 

Turn 3 is now complete.

We have hyperpings at: X, G, N, B, Z, dsCT, K, V, D, I.

Battle is joined at X as the forces of the Preyhold Autarchy defend against the Nordic Beserkers...

Nordics have: ISD2, GSD2, 2 Tie Fighters (198)

Preyhold have: ISD1, Goz, 1 Tie Defender (159)

Proportions are: 55% to 45%, so a -1 to the roll.

Natural Roll: 8 -1 = 7 result = both sides take 30% casualties (48 points or so).

The Preyhold force is obliged to retreat. Planet  Xyquinerit is blockaded. It may be bombarded. {It was not reported last turn, but planet Far F'Tarq the Lesser was bombarded by the Nordics last turn - economic damage reported}.

At planet Diomedes, a force from the 5th Sector Authority has entered orbit. No combat results.

No other combat, all jumps go through. I will report other things to individuals concerned, but in general, Turn 4 is now live.

I ask that all orders are submitted in 48 hours time from this post.

The turn 4 public objective is:

I have spent 10 credits and IC on a summer house on my Capital planet. 1VP.

Current VP ladder:

Everyone but idjmv - 0

idjmv - 1.

@FortyInRed @Matt3412

My craft may not be large, but I will gladly assist you in the assault on Ava F'Tarq.  Clearly, neither of you are friends of the Stewards, and I am under orders from my commander to aid the liberation of our Sector Capital in any way possible.  If you are committed to attacking the planet this cycle, I will join you with the Hammerhead Corvette "Hazard".

Commander Randal

@GhostofNobodyInParticular

How goes your governorship of the worlds D, I, and W?  I trust that you have encountered no difficulties in addressing security concerns for these planets?

We would be interested in discussions with you regarding the amicability of your neighbors, as well as avenues for us to mutually bring stability to the Sector.  We also would like to send a small craft to your territory in a few cycles to present you with a small gift from the Crown-Prince, as is befitting your standing as a Governor of his Sector.

Please let me know your thoughts on these subjects. 

- Governor-General Tron'di