Sign in to follow this  
Bucknife

Spare Parts Cannister Poe

Definitely looks good on Poe. If its more expensive than ferrosphere it loses a lot of value. I personally can't see it being too expensive since you need to spend points on an astro anyway, but I think this card hinges on points more than most.

35 minutes ago, BVRCH said:

Definitely looks good on Poe. If its more expensive than ferrosphere it loses a lot of value. I personally can't see it being too expensive since you need to spend points on an astro anyway, but I think this card hinges on points more than most.

If I had to guess it would be somewhere between 3-4 points. Ideally I'm thinking 3 based off the fact they won't want to make it cheaper to run generic R2 + Spare Parts over R2-D2, and it factors in a charge for the small debris cloud that can be dropped too.

12 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

If I had to guess it would be somewhere between 3-4 points. Ideally I'm thinking 3 based off the fact they won't want to make it cheaper to run generic R2 + Spare Parts over R2-D2, and it factors in a charge for the small debris cloud that can be dropped too.

Yeah I agree, that makes the most sense. 3pts seems like its enough to still keep the Hollywood versions of astro's valid, but not too expensive that the lesser droids won't see value in taking it as well. But maybe 4pts since rigged cargo is 4pts. I guess that depends on how exactly the spare parts token works when its placed on the board.

Edited by BVRCH

Helps against a triple Ups alpha, thats for sure. If its costed more than afterburners, then I dont know if it will see a bunch of play. Boost would just be better in almost all games.

47 minutes ago, wurms said:

Helps against a triple Ups alpha, thats for sure. If its costed more than afterburners, then I dont know if it will see a bunch of play. Boost would just be better in almost all games.

Yeah, two stress-ignoring boosts VS 1 recharge or lock-break/debris;

This thing will probably be 4 points. 

EDIT:

4 would be practically an auto-include for aces. 5 would make it a choice. 

Don't even get me started on Stealth Device, though...

(We need an astro that can use an action to recharge a charge on another Upgrade...but then we're giving reload to Poe and Luke, so... Yeah. Probably never.)

Edited by Bucknife

1 hour ago, Bucknife said:

We need an astro that can use an action to recharge a charge on another Upgrade...

His name is Chopper.

I wonder if eating two shields might be worth regenning the charge on spare parts? Flying against an ordnance list, if you’ve got the action economy to shred your shields via a coordinate or something, it might be worth it to be able to ditch locks off of an ace two rounds in a row.

20 hours ago, wurms said:

True. But - for the sake of argument, since this list is about Poe - handing BB-8 the spare parts means another free boost in the tank.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:56 AM, Animewarsdude said:

Ideally I'm thinking 3 based off the fact they won't want to make it cheaper to run generic R2 + Spare Parts over R2-D2

Sounds about right. 3 points for the ability to dump locks is nice, but as noted it's only really good on high initiative and it does cost your action. Breaking ALL locks assigned to you makes it much better than countermeasures, though. The most recent points adjustment just made generic TIE advanced more or less useable. Once this hits the board, I think they may have just un-useabled themselves again.

My gut reaction is that you value the versatility too low. The countermeasures effect in itself is worth a lot. Add the debris and the option for the extra astromech charge, and you have a card you can use to good effect almost every game.

4 point for this would be a steal. 5 is propably still too cheap.

Don't forget that it recharges an astromech charge. You can't recharge an afterburners or a black one title. 

I see it as a boost to R2 droids, and I do love the second part. I would like to be as a drop instead of an action though. As action, yes you break locks, but if you are not Poe, you're not doing another action..... :(

18 minutes ago, Silver_leader said:

I see it as a boost to R2 droids, and I do love the second part. I would like to be as a drop instead of an action though. As action, yes you break locks, but if you are not Poe, you're not doing another action..... :(

But if you're a Jedi, you can still rely on the Force to back you up!

58 minutes ago, Silver_leader said:

Don't forget that it recharges an astromech charge. You can't recharge an afterburners or a black one title. 

There's a certain T-65 X-Wing pilot that people seem to be forgetting who can use this action and *still* have mods. In all seriousness, Luke will be so much more of a threat with this than Poe. He can regen, he has permanent passive mods every time he is shot at, he throws double modded torps at i5, he can take R2D2 and most importantly (and the reason why he's such a greater threat than Poe), he can fly next to Biggs. 

Luke is going to be a terror with this; the only question at this point is what you get to bring besides Luke and Biggs.