Jump to content
Innese

Republic Upgrades Article

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

New Imperial content when?

 

4 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Wave 5 maybe.

Before new Scum content since Imps are getting stuff in Wave IV...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NeonWolf said:

 

Before new Scum content since Imps are getting stuff in Wave IV...

We didn't get anything new for wave 1, or wave 2, or wave 3, or wave 4.  Scum (the largest faction) got a new falcon in wave 1, and a tie fighter in wave 2 (STOP GIVING AWAY OUR SHIPS FFG).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

🤨 Just call it landing into the same "Why the **** is this faction locked?" boat as BBs and Battle Meditation then...

BBs cannot appear before they were first made, and Battle Meditation seems to be an advanced Force ability some boy from Tatooine or an Alderaanian princess might not be able to work out on their own.
But R4s? These should be available in every scrapyard in the Galaxy, just next to the spare part containers :D 

Edited by rhetor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rhetor said:

BBs cannot appear before they were first made, and Battle Meditation seems to be an advanced Force ability some boy from Tatooine or an Alderaanian princess might not be able to work out on their own.
But R4s? These should be available in every scrapyard in the Galaxy, just next to the spare part containers :D 

Wouldn't surprise me if the Jedi Starfighters that survived the war and Order 66 were all scrapped by the empire and/or put into deep storage. It's not like there were mass produced for the GAR as a whole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

My money is that when some new toys get added in an imperial expansion that they won't be faction locked.

New toys? I suspect at this point the only thing that old Imperial players have to look forward for new upgrades, pilots, etc, is the Tie Brute from Solo and Squadron Packs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on topic, anyone figured out how Dedicated is going to work with those 2-pip N-1 pilots?  You remove a Strain token after performing a blue maneuver or defending and the N-1's have some interesting blue maneuvers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NeonWolf said:

Back on topic, anyone figured out how Dedicated is going to work with those 2-pip N-1 pilots?  You remove a Strain token after performing a blue maneuver or defending and the N-1's have some interesting blue maneuvers.

How do you mean?

They can equip it fine, assuming they have the slot, but they're Limited, so they won't be able to benefit from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

Back on topic, anyone figured out how Dedicated is going to work with those 2-pip N-1 pilots?  You remove a Strain token after performing a blue maneuver or defending and the N-1's have some interesting blue maneuvers.

Dedicated won't work on them since they are limited. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Animewarsdude said:

New toys? I suspect at this point the only thing that old Imperial players have to look forward for new upgrades, pilots, etc, is the Tie Brute from Solo and Squadron Packs. 

I could see them getting Auto-Blasters before Rebels if the TIE Brute comes out Wave 5. That'll be an interesting announcement week to say the least. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

We didn't get anything new for wave 1, or wave 2, or wave 3, or wave 4.  Scum (the largest faction) got a new falcon in wave 1, and a tie fighter in wave 2 (STOP GIVING AWAY OUR SHIPS FFG).

Still better off than Rebels.  Nothing new in the main waves, but Imperials at least had an actually-new ship in wave 0.5 in the Reaper.  Rebels just got rehashes of existing ships with the Saw's release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

I could see them getting Auto-Blasters before Rebels if the TIE Brute comes out Wave 5. That'll be an interesting announcement week to say the least. :ph34r:

Have to wonder with the timing of things if they won't try to save Wave 5's announcement for May 4th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Have to wonder with the timing of things if they won't try to save Wave 5's announcement for May 4th. 

They could do it on the 3rd and still qualify more or less since May 4th is a Sat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

How do you mean?

They can equip it fine, assuming they have the slot, but they're Limited, so they won't be able to benefit from it.

 

12 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

Dedicated won't work on them since they are limited. 

Lol, good point....  😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

They can equip it fine, assuming they have the slot, but they're Limited, so they won't be able to benefit from it.

It would actually be the opposite. Multi pip names are limited, meaning they couldn't take dedicated as an upgrade, but a generic pilot with that talent could provide its benefits to the multi pip pilots because they fulfill the requirements layed out in the card. 

Edited by Hippie Moosen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AgentoftheEmpire said:

Huh? What are you babbling on about? How am I trolling? None of the Inquisitors we have met have an established ability of battle mediation. So......not sure what your getting at.....

I assume he means if random Jedi who aren't known to use BM can equip it why shouldn't random Inquisitors who aren't know to use BM be able to equip it.  Makes sense to me.

2 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

I think it’s safe to assume that it’s the same card. 

Probably, but I suspect it just counts as a debris field after launch anyway, so it could be a different card that also drops spare parts but a different way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

When a ship is strained it rolls 1 less defense die. Strain clears after the strained ship is either attacked or performs a blue maneuver.

Will strain apply to other waves as well? Seems to be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×