Innese

Republic Upgrades Article

In our article on the pilots included in the Guardians of the Republic Squadron Pack, we already discussed how their Delta-7 Aethersprite starfighters have the built-in ability to evade after spending a Force charge. With the Battle Meditationupgrade, the Jedi can add a purple coordinate action to their repertoire. Unlike the standard coordinate action, however, the Force charge spent for this action can be used to coordinate two friendly non-limited ships of the same type, potentially letting a Jedi and two Gold Squadron Troopers work together to set up a devastating attack run.

Does this answer the question of whether a purple action is a free action that costs a force token or a regular action that costs a force token? 

9 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

ARC-170s will probably like Synchronized Console more than V-19's will. True, it gives them a way to use missiles across an entire turn but ARC-170's have torps, right? 

You're going to give the faster limited ARC with an ability the console and R3 astromech to have locks for your V-19 dedicated wingmen. 

8 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

ARC-170s will probably like Synchronized Console more than V-19's will. True, it gives them a way to use missiles across an entire turn but ARC-170's have torps, right? 

ARCs have Torpedo slots, but Torpedo ships likely want to spend their lock to reroll dice.

What seems particularly spicy to me is SC with Homing Missile.  You won't need to spend the lock on the attack roll, so you can move it around with Synchronized Console.

Depending on how the points work out, using a high-init ship with SC and a bunch of cheap Torrents with Homing and SC could be pretty nasty.

6 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

ARCs have Torpedo slots, but Torpedo ships likely want to spend their lock to reroll dice.

You'll move the lock if you don't need it or just need another mod you might have like a force token. 

3 minutes ago, Redblock said:

Dedicated looks good. Jedi Ace with battle meditation + Torrent spam with dedicated

(also hidden FFG sales trick, you have to buy multiples of same ship)

Or just the Guardians pack and one ARC-170 like I was planning to anyway. 😁

36 minutes ago, Jehan Menasis said:

Well, Imperials and First Order cannot equip it, so it IS sort of faction-locked...

That's not what people mean when they say faction-locked.

CIS can't use it either. Most of the ships in the game can't use it. It doesn't have a specific faction stated in it's requirements box and you certainly knew that was what I meant.

19 minutes ago, Redblock said:

You need at least 3 - 4 torrents to get max mileage out of battle meditation (or 3- 4 Naboo fighters)

I'm going to wait to see how high the point value is before I sweat getting max mileage out of the card. Or buy more ships than I intended. 

3 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Perhaps, but something can fall short of "max mileage" and still be pretty useful and fun.

It would appear our brains be jiving.

32 minutes ago, Frimmel said:

You'll move the lock if you don't need it or just need another mod you might have like a force token. 

I mean, sure.  But if the intent is to use SynCon to throw out a bunch of Torpedoes from a single initial lock, it seems like it'd be easy for the chain to break down.  First dude rolls 3 blanks and an eye, and then either that attack whiffs, or no one else planning on firing a torpedo gets a lock.

11 minutes ago, InterceptorMad said:

The Spare Parts token (we assume) in the Republic spread is the same new token as in the Resistance Transport set.

So either the Spare Parts card comes in that set too, or the token is doing double duty for different cards.

I think it’s safe to assume that it’s the same card. 

11 minutes ago, InterceptorMad said:

The Spare Parts token (we assume) in the Republic spread is the same new token as in the Resistance Transport set.

So either the Spare Parts card comes in that set too, or the token is doing double duty for different cards.

That wouldn't be the worst place to see it outside of GR, and the spread for that ship does have a face-down mech.

9 minutes ago, rhetor said:

Why are the R4 astromechs limited to the Republic only? 

Because all the factions will get cool Astromechs aside from the Rebels. For the real reason, same as why the Resistance got a unique astromech to them, the R4-P Astromech just represents the generic astromech that the Jedi had access to for their missions, the same way that Obi-Wan got to bring R4-P17 with him. Now, just ignore the fact that all the other named astromechs that we might get for Jedi don't follow that naming scheme. 

Just now, Animewarsdude said:

Because all the factions will get cool Astromechs aside from the Rebels. For the real reason, same as why the Resistance got a unique astromech to them, the R4-P Astromech just represents the generic astromech that the Jedi had access to for their missions, the same way that Obi-Wan got to bring R4-P17 with him. Now, just ignore the fact that all the other named astromechs that we might get for Jedi don't follow that naming scheme. 

🤨 Waiting for the non-limited, faction locked, Scum astro… On that line, one that burns out to overcharge the primary weapon would fit...

6 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Because the R4-Ps were a modified version of the R series set up only for the Jedi Order and the Republic military.

They could get ARCs :D :D And I'd love to have there R4s on T65 :D

1 minute ago, rhetor said:

They could get ARCs :D :D And I'd love to have there R4s on T65 :D

🤨 Just call it landing into the same "Why the **** is this faction locked?" boat as BBs and Battle Meditation then...